“Good service, decent pizza”
Review of Verde

Reserve with OpenTable
Verde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 2,108 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montford and Foster
Transit: 007 Bus - Essex & Foster, North Bound Stop 010 Bus - Milton & Eastern, East Bound Stop
Description: As a Zagat top rated Italian restaurant, with a focus on Authentic Neapolitan Pizza, Verde combines traditional ingredients, traditional recipes and traditional cooking methods to create a true Italian dinning experience. Located in an 1880's Baltimore row house, in the Canton neighborhood, with exposed brick, wood beams, open kitchen, exposed wood burning oven: this architecturally significant restaurant maintains a big city casual upscale vibe. The menu includes housemade mozzarella, scratch desserts, housemade dough, pizza and various other Italian specialties like lasagna, tiramisu, imported gelato, craft beers from Italy and a wine list focused on regional Italian varietals. Award winning bartender and award winning cocktails complete the vision and passion of Verde's team. Vegan and gluten free options are clearly identified throughout the menu and available always. (You can also book private events in one of our event rooms.)
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife organized a pretty large get together here for me on my birthday. I was not disappointed.

Verde was the perfect spot for us. Not only do I love pizza, but I wanted to enjoy it with friends. This place is spacious with modern decor and comes with a nice, calming atmosphere. We had a reservation for 18 and Verde was extremely accommodating. In addition, for a group this large, service was surprisingly attentive and good. We started off slow, but our servers were amiable and personable. The owner/manager stopped by from time to time to make sure everything was going smoothly. Our orders came out relatively quickly and drinks were refilled regularly.

The drinks menu was vast and this may be one of the stronger points about Verde. The pizza was decent overall. These are personal-sized 12" pizzas. There's a great variety to choose from and quality is great. Some pizzas were upstanding, others weren't so good. I had the privilege to try the Prosciutto Di Parma, Cappuccetto Rosso, Vegetariana, Funghetto, Pistacchio E Salsiccia, and Salsiccia E Friarelli. I was excited about all the different toppings that I normally wouldn't find at other pizza restaurants. However, I'm not sure how I should interpret this as I'm both a meat lover and a fan of trying different things -- I ended up liking the Vegetariana the most. I was super pumped to try Pistacchio E Salsiccia, but it ended up tasting a little try. I also loved the dessert. Tiramisu here has certainly been perfected. It's one of the best I've had.

Overall, Verde seems like an awesome place to hang out with friends. It's super good for groups. However, I would warn non-Canton locals that parking may be difficult.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I think the only thing I didn't like about this restaurant was that the bathroom kind of freaked me out; it had too many textures and made me frantic. I don't want a frantic rest room. I want one that will chill me out. But aside from that...the food was great. Thin crust, melty, burnt in the right places. The menu was enormous so if you can't find something to eat there you're just being difficult. Service was good though they've adopted the "if a plate comes up, run it" mentality, which means we didn't all get our entrees at the same time. And the kitchen's timing was off, so we barely had time to start working on the appetizer when the first pizza hit the table. But. The food was good, the staff was nice and the atmosphere was lively-yet-cozy. Dig in! You won't regret it.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I live near NYC and have travelled to Naples and I have to say this was some of the best pizza I have ever had. The Canton neighborhood of Baltimore really reminds me of Brooklyn. It has a hip, trendy vibe. The restaurant itself was industrial looking with exposed beams and bricks. The entire place was very inviting. Huge selections of pizza and appetizers. A terrific wine list and great desserts make this a fun, delicious and reasonable dining experience in Baltimore.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I have now been here two times in the last two weeks, after having read about it in Baltimore Magazine. We can't wait to go back with a group of friends so we can introduce them to it! The owner is fantastic, and makes a point to talk with you and make you feel at home in his restaurant.

The wood fired oven makes the pizza crispy with just the right amount of char. The crust is crisp outside with a soft interior, that is not too thick, and doesn't leave you feeling gross. The sauce is wonderful yet simple, and the topping ingredients are fresh and light. The salads are wonderful as well, and should not be missed!

As for the decor, the restaurant has taken a cue from NY in a good way, but it is definitely not over crowded, and still has a distinctly Baltimore feel with the exposed brick in the old Canton townhouse shell.

Finally, Baltimore has a fantastic brick oven pizza restaurant that is welcoming, well designed, and enjoyable to eat in.

I can't wait to go back...this is a MUST try!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wonderful toppings for the pizza, cooked perfectly. Great service. Loved it. We also had a terrific bottle of wine. And there chocolate flourless cake with large scoop of carmel ice cream was outstanding.

Been to Verde? Share your experiences!