“Not bad, not great, average.”
Review of HomeSlyce

Ranked #104 of 2,108 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Mulbery St.
Transit: Across the street from the FREE Purple Line Circulator Bus and Charles Street MTA lines. A short walk from most downtown bus lines in any direction as well as light rail and subway.
Description: HomeSlyce is a hip pizza bar with delivery, take-out, eat-in and patio seating. We have a great selection of carft beers and fine wines.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had an very nice pizza here while in town on business. The pizza was nothing to write home about (although the menu had to be explained due to a few typos, which shouts amateur hour). The pizza came promptly, although I had asked if they had Tabasco, which they assured me they did, but in fact it was some other brand. The sauce was just as nice as tabasco, but it was thicker and came out the bottle way to quickly. To complain about it would be silly, but they should have admitted that they did not have Tabasco but had a good substitute.

The beer selection was quite impressive, and I got an impression that this place would be an excellent place to hand out with friends, socialize, have a bite to eat and drink some decent beers.

Like I said, it is nothing inspiring, but it is nothing offensive either.

1  Thank Nomolos

Reviewed May 26, 2013

While the food was very good, and I mean Very good, this establishment does not have a place to changing station for infants.

My wife and I came in for lunch. She had the 1/2 home slyce w/salad and I had the chicken sandwich w/fries and salad. both were tops, especially given the whole wheat crust options on her pizza and my bread (they use pizza crust for bread oh yea its good). the french fries were baked and came with an amazing sort of chpolte dipping sauce. the presentation was good and everything looked fresh. I can't complain about the food, the service was passable. our server had the entire place, so she was busy, and when we walked in nearly every table needed to be bussed (there were a few people at the bar and 2 other tables with clients at them, we took the only other table that did not have remains of the previous guests this place has ample seating). I head the manager on the phone in the office for the first 30 min we were there, and then he came out and watched T.V. while the one server bussed all the tables herself. As a former waiter and bartender (8 years), I frankly can't stand managers / supervisors that don't get off their tails and help out.

1  Thank OperaDovi
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stopped in to HomeSlyce to attend a community event, and were truly impressed by every aspect of our experience. It is tastefully decorated with a selection of tables, booths, hightops, couches, and a long stone bar. There is a chalkboard listing the many craft beers they have available, but the friendly staff can guide you to a selection. They have sports events on many screens around the bar, and there are several tables with their own personal screen. The star, of course, is the pizza. I cannot judge their menu based on one calzone, but the eggplant and spinach tasted delicious, their sauce is amazing, and the crust is perfectly crispy without being burnt at all. This is a great place to go to enjoy a pizza or just hang out.

1  Thank renfield1969
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went in for a late lunch date with my wife, I can tell the place probably cranks at night and on the weekends.

One of the best calzones I ever had!(Chicken Gone Wild)

Perfectly cooked, and very tasty. You can also customize your own pizza by sauce (tomato, garlic herb, pesto, or house) crust (original or honey wheat) and any topping you can imagine from A to Z.

Laid back atmosphere, seating is dangerously cozy and comfortable and the service very commendable. Glad I found a jewel in downtown Baltimore!

1  Thank ant-theyankee
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Relaxed, laid back dining and socializing with access to great pizza and other bar food. Friendly, prompt service, and a nice crowd of urbanites enjoying the night life on Charles St. Very good vibe.

2  Thank clo2013

Been to HomeSlyce? Share your experiences!