“Best Wings in SoBo”

No Idea
Ranked #733 of 2,238 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed November 9, 2014

I’ve been to No Idea Tavern in Fed Hill before and I’ve loved it. [Read my previous review here.] Recently, they redid the menu and Alex, the general manager, invited my friend and I over to give some new items a try.

While we were there, we noticed the bartender, Bart, was wearing a really awesome looking t-shirt. When we asked him about it, he said it was from BmoreFresh.com which he owns. The shirts are really awesome if you’re looking to update your wardrobe with some more clothing to rep your Bmore pride.

Alex suggested we try the Risotto Fritters, so that’s what we started with. It’s a ball of risotto stuffed with cheese and then in a bed of pesto marinara sauce. The cheesy risotto fritters were delicious, but the pesto marinara sauce was out of this world!

Next, we ordered the Toasted Ravioli. There were five deep fried raviolis stuffed with cheese and spices and served with a side of marinara sauce. The ravioli was great, but I found myself dipping it in the amazing sauce from the risotto fritters.

One of my favorite items to order at a bar is wings. And up until this meal, the wings at Delia Foley’s were my favorite in Federal Hill. However the Honey Old Bay Wings at No Idea are my new favorites in Fed Hill. The honey old bay sauce combined the nice spice from old bay, plus the sweetness from honey and turned the wings from just having a rub, to wings with a sauce. Additionally, they had a nice crispy exterior with a moist interior. I will be back for these very soon.

Another new addition to the menu was the Grilled Cheese Club. This sandwich is three slices of bread, cheese, bacon and pepperoni. I ordered it without the pepperoni but it was still delicious, the crispy bacon between the bread really made this sandwich. And it comes with a creamy side of tomato soup for dipping which should be mandatory for all grilled cheese sandwiches.

The last thing we ordered was a Chicken Spiedie. This type of sandwich is a Binghamton classic and according to Alex, it’s hard to find in Baltimore. The sandwich is grilled chicken marinated in spiedie sauce with provolone cheese on a roll. The sauce made the chicken nice and juicy. If I’m ever in Binghamton, for sure I will be ordering a chicken spiedie.

The new menu at No Idea Tavern does not disappoint. The wings are my new favorite in Fed Hill and it’s the only place in Baltimore to get the Binghamton classic, chicken spiedie.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Service was very mediocre. But the cheesesteak was great. Pretty amazing tots and some nice beers.
Definitely a dive bar but a fun one nonetheless.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Visiting town with NYJ fans and looking for a place to watch the game. Inquiries lead us here. Fun atmosphere and amazingly good bar food. They treated us right and although the Jets did not win, we had a great afternoon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were downtown for the weekend for an O's game. At the last minute I decided to purchase a Groupon for Sunday Brunch at No Idea. $20 for two entrees and a pitcher of Mimosa's or Bloddy Mary's. Good Deal.

We arrrived too early so did a few other things in the area and took a nice stroll down Hanover Street. Arrived back about 5 minutes after opening and already they were getting crowded. They are an official Fan Club for Liverpool Football Club. There was a game that morning and fans were already making their way to their favorite spot.

Bar is small but cozy. Nothing fancy but very comfortable. Everyone was very friendly. Food was fresh, quick and very good. Portions were perfect and we even saw sanwhiches go out that could be shared by two they were so large! Mimosa's were delish! Crowd was fun. We will defintely return next time we stay downtown for a game. Even without the groupon! :-)

1  Thank OBXBum
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was in town for work and heard that it was Beer Fest week in Baltimore, so my friend saw pumpkin beers available at no idea tavern. 3 of us headed down (hard to find parking) and were surprised to find a busy corner bar. We wanted to get something to eat and didn't have a table to sit at, Mark, came and set up a table in back for us, he was welcoming and friendly and made us feel comfortable. He told us there would be a pie eating contest and came and spoke with us several times through the night. I wasn't partial to pumpkin and ended up trying three different ones, and liked them all. We got the crab dip and it hit the spot! There was a young blonde female that was serving us as we'll that was very nice (a busy bartender was less welcoming and friendly and didn't seem to handle stress well, but didn't effect anything through the night). We ended up having a blast between staff, surroundings, contests, etc. seems like a great local place to stop! Thanks Mark!