“Nice addition to Harbor East”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ouzo Bay

Ouzo Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Ouzo Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Central Ave.
Description: Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio with outdoor seating during the Spring and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the Inner Harbor and Baltimore cityscape.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Nice addition to Harbor East”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Ouzo Bay is delicious to look at. Gorgeous outdoor space, great bar area (with bar tenders who are charming and know their stuff!), interesting lounge area. Overall, the space is beautifully designed and very inviting. They also have a private dining room (FYI). Our meal was delicious, shared many small plates, all of which were very well presented and quite yummy. Loved the baked feta. The chicken soup was also quite delightful. I have two small complaints. Our server kept trying to take plates away while we were still eating...I HATE THAT!!!! I have no problem with removing the small plates, but her kept trying to take away our own plate. Had to ask him to stop 3 times!!! Also, they started covering all of the outdoor furniture while we were still eating...outdoors. Made us feel rushed. I am sure these minor kinks will get worked out. Definitely worth a trip or two!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank KWS63

• Greek first
Cockeysville, Maryland
“On the expensive side, but well worth the visit...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Excellent food - we enjoyed everything! Service was excellent, and the majority of the food was really good. For the appetizers: outstanding were the Lamb meatball appetizer, fried calamari and the grilled calamari. The octopus was ok, but I thought the baked feta could have been better. Four of us had the Seafood Plaki, which was very good, and my husband had the King Prawns which he said were the best ever. The last dish we had was the Lamb Giouvetsi - also very good. FYI, the chef loves cumin - we tasted it in many dishes. We love this spice, but if you don't, you might want to mention it to the wait staff when you order. For me the only dessert that was outstanding was the Galaktoboureko. The Ravani, Chocolate cake and Karidopita were OK, nothing special. No decaf cappucino! And we stayed awhile after we had our dessert and coffee, but no-one offered to refill our coffee....But overall, I thought the place was great! Definitely will be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cdemet
Geneva New York
“Thank goodness for the professionalism of Kenneth the General Manager!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I question myself as to how I had planned on posting a poor to negative review only to find that I would be posting a good review about Ouzo Bay restaurant in Baltimore. The answer is in the way that “Kenneth” the general manager of the restaurant, handled my unhappiness in the way that one of the three Greek owners of this restaurant (which only opened its doors a month ago) had spoken to me.

You see, I read an advertisement in the Baltimore magazine, whilst staying at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Baltimore. After checking online with Tripadvisor.com my wife and I decided to try this new restaurant out. I called the restaurant to make a reservation and spoke with “Hannah” and she was so helpful in telling me all about the restaurant, the items on the menu and even gave precise directions how to get from our hotel to the restaurant.

Arriving a little earlier then our reservation time of 5.30, my wife and I sat at the bar and drank a couple of cocktails together before being shown to our table. We ordered an appetizer of Maryland crab cake which came together with a plate of fresh baked Ciabata bread and some extra virgin olive oil. Both were absolutely delicious.

The restaurant is a new, modern, vibrant restaurant located by the inner harbor in the Fells area of Baltimore. The restaurant is clean and the table linens, silverware and glasses sparklingly clean. I was surprised that there were no less than 20 staff in the restaurant on a Monday night and so whilst on my way to visit the rest room I approached one of three waiters standing idly at one end of the restaurant and he explained to me that many of the staff were trainees.

He then went on to tell me about how long the restaurant had been opened, what the capacity of the restaurant was and what the plans were to enclose the outdoor seating area during the winter months. It was all good informative information. This was, until one of the Greek owners approached us both and bluntly told us that if we both wanted to stand around gossiping we should take it into the back room! Nobody could possibly have mistaken me for being a member of his staff as they all wore black trousers and white shirts with black ties and I wore a designer shirt and dark green corduroy trousers and was quite clearly a customer!

I was absolutely taken aback by this owners approach so much so that the waiter profusely apologized once his boss stepped away. I went back to my table and continued to eat my dinner when the freshly caught Atlantic bream, charcoal grilled to perfection, arrived with the Greek salad. Both absolutely delicious. Meanwhile, this same owner stood to one side and glared at me in such a manner that I just wanted to get up and leave.

Our waitress whom I may add was first class, saw that something was clearly wrong and asked me if everything was o.k. I told her no, it was not and said that I did not like the way that her boss had spoken to me or the manner in which he had since been glaring at me! She went away and came back with “Kenneth”, The general manager and I explained to him how I was feeling about the way his boss behaved towards me.

“Kenneth” apologized but said he was in a difficult position because the person who had spoken to me in such an underhand and clearly rude manner, was in fact one of the three owners of the restaurant. He did however offer my wife and I a complimentary dessert, which we both politely declined. However, when the bill came he took off the Greek salad and my coffee as well.

So where does this story leave me with making my review? Well, I think the food was excellent, the staff were attentive and efficient, the food excellent albeit, I thought a little too expensive.

However, the other two owners of the restaurant should in my humble opinion, have words with the third partner and perhaps teach him some lessons on how not to treat a customer or to become a sleeping partner! Most certainly this was not Greek-like at all!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Cobtree
“Excellent high end Greek restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Newly opened. Great atmosphere and setting. High cost for Baltimore but a new "in" place withexcellent fish and greek specialities. You must save room for the desserts.good night out with well dressed crowd.

1 Thank Travelingbonedoc