“Interesting but brief”

Forest Hills, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Interesting but brief”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice museum (says the Yankee fan!) about all aspects of Baltimore and Maryland sports. Not huge; 2 floors, maybe 15 exhibits. Fine way to spend an hour but not devastating to miss either.

Visited July 2013

Moorhead, MN
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Bonus Entrance with Babe Ruth Ticket”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went to the Sports Legends Museum because I was given a deal with my entrance fee to the Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum. Probably wouldn't have gone otherwise. I just paid a few dollars to "upgrade" for entrance. Probably wouldn't have done it on it's own.

The museum is basically a Maryland Hall of Fame for sports. The building itself was originally a train depot, and it was fun how they incorporated the history of the building into some of the exhibits.

I would not go back again, but it is a fine thing to do if you are looking to kill some time for an hour or two indoors.

Visited April 2013
Chester, NJ
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

OK, It does focus mostly on the Orioles and the Ravens ...and there is section on the old Baltimore Colts...although it does somehow give complete credit to the NY Jets for Super Bowl III...it is a terrific museum. It also has a wing that pays tribute to the local schools and state universities.
Very nicely done!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank beachholidays67
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lots of baseball, a touch of every other sport...still worth it.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My three boys and my husband enjoyed this museum. The top floor is pretty much all Orioles baseball history. After you go downstairs, there is more history about the Ravens and other sports. I thought it was just ok. My boys ages 10,7 and 6 really liked it a lot.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ann L
Detroit, Michigan
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Fun Time!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband is a big sports fan. We decided to visit this museum due to it being so close to Camden Yards stadium. There is quite a bit of interactive things to do. Our sons (ages 5 & 7) enjoyed the locker room and the interactive things. Our youngest (age 3) was not entertained. This is fun for school aged children and up. My husband purchased our tickets, but there was not anyone checking your tickets or walking around. It was an independent - self guided tour. There are several displays to check out. Reasonable priced, too! I recommend getting a combo ticket, which will include Babe Ruth's Home as well. Go on a game day, hours are extended!

Visited June 2013