“Good stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alladin Kabob - CLOSED

Alladin Kabob
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Description: Our specialty: Kabobs.Authentically made with special spices, from recipes refined over years of experience.Whether you're dining with us, getting takeout, or calling upon our catering services...You'll find the Alladin Kabob experience to be truly one-of-a-kind...Local, yet exotic.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great service. Spicy lamb curry to die for. I have it every time I come to town. Chef is very accommodating. When told that my daughter was vegan, he made special sauces to go with her meal.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank L B

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“A Great Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We really wanted to like this restaurant, but it was not to be.

The location is great if you are going to the Meyerhoff, as we were, but the food was iffy and the service appalling.

Every table was experiencing the same problems with service. Entrees would come with or before appetizers, and some entrees would arrive 15-20 minutes before others at the same table. The bar drinks varied by 50% in quantity round by round, and table by table.

The food was barely acceptable, to be kind. The lamb chops were nicely spiced but tough and overcooked. The lamb curry was so bad that we ordered another appetizer, (meat samosa) one that was good the first time. The second was terrible, overcooked and poorly seasoned.

To make things worse the basics of an Indian restaurant were bad: the rice looked like basmati but had the flavor of Minute Rice and the "naan" was not what a reader photo above shows, but rather a piece of round supermarket flat bread that had been toasted. The server adamantly declared that it was naan and was what they always served.

The ambiance lived up to the food and service. The decor of former occupants of the space has been "improved" by adding flat screen TVs to the dining room and the small lounge, the latter additionally "improved" by swirling multicolored disco lights.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank gakpa
Baltimore, Maryland
“Chaotic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a new incarnation of a space that used to be Abacrombie's and before that Society Hill. It's across the street from the Baltimore Symphony so convenient before a concert. We went before the first concert of the season and had quite an experience. People who came before us never got served at all; people on the other side got served at the last minute; we got served in a reasonable time. A review in the Baltimore Sun said that the use of spices was the main attraction, and that's the one positive I'll agree about. But the rice lacked a sauce so was dry. It's a pleasant space and the prices are very reasonable. We were told that the regular chef was away so the owner was in the kitchen, but that's no excuse for the chaos in the dining room.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank thasler
Annapolis, Maryland
“Delicious kebabs and samosas.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I decided to give this place a try for lunch the other week, and it did not disappoint. Hungry and all I ordered seekh kabob wrap, vegetable biryani, and some meat samosas. I waited much longer than expected but it was worth it! They had flat screen TV's in there to keep me entertained before my order arrived. The samosas were too hot to hold, but absolutely delicious with perfectly seasoned ground beef. They gave a large portion of biryani, which I enjoyed with the different mixes of spices and veggies in it. I haven't had many vegetable biryani's before, but I won't forget this one. Very unique and savory at the least! The kabob wrap was cut into two pieces, and it wasn't all that special besides the tasty beef. Overall, I though that the food was decent and affordable at Alladin Kebab. They also had a nice and relaxing atmosphere with the carpeting and exotic decoration. I will definitely be back to try out the variety in their menu.

• Visited August 2012