“Nice place - too bad it was raining!!”
Review of Cylburn Arboretum

Cylburn Arboretum
Ranked #57 of 229 things to do in Baltimore
El Segundo, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Nice place - too bad it was raining!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I added an extra day to my stay in Baltimore so I could have a day for bird watching.

I decided on the Cylburn Arboretum because it was listed on the Baltimore Bird Club website as a top birding place in Baltimore. It was also very close to the Inner Harbor which I'd planned to vist later in the day.

Unfortunately it rained nearly the entire time I was there.

The Cylburn Arboretun is a lovely place. There are a few trails to follow that lead you through some beautiful scenery. The trails are well kept and mulched so it is nearly impossible to get lost. All the trails are in a loop so you begin and end at the mansion.

The mansion opens at 8:00 a.m. There isn't much to see in the mansion. It didn't appear as if they gave tours. The people working inside weren't rude but they weren't exactly friendly. In fact they did their best to ignore me, There are public restrooms in the mansion that are kept clean and are handicapped accessable.

I spent several hours wondering around the grounds birding till I was soaked.

There is a lovely rose garden that smell delightful even in the rain.

If I ever return to Baltimore I will return to the Cylburn Arboretum. Hopefull next time it will be dry and sunny.

2 Thank PONYRCR

maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful unique gardens”
Reviewed December 16, 2007

its 176 acres of fields and trails through the woods with various types of flowers and plants and different plantlike exibits. there is alot of onteresting history behind this park. it is open to the public. there is also a beautiful mansoin and carriage house on the property also. the japanese maples are amazing too. there is one thatis the biggest i hyave ever seen. my 3 year old son loves walking arond there. great for the whole family.

1 Thank sirbunzalot