“Not worth the price”

Ripley's Believe It or Not! Baltimore
Ranked #30 of 229 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Ripley's Believe it or Not! Baltimore is located in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Come see over 13,000 square feet of the odd and weird world of Ripley's, where truth is stranger then fiction. Experience over 500 exhibits from all over the world, over 100 interactives, our 4D Moving Theater, and the Marvelous Mirror Maze. Ripley's has been proudly freaking out families for over 90 years. Why just say it? See it!
Carshalton, United Kingdom
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went here after work one evening as I was spending a week in my company's Baltimore office and it is open late. However, what I didn't realise was that I would be the only person in the entire place at that time and it was actually really creepy! I'm not normally freaked out but it was very "night at the museum" but with some quite creepy stuff when you know you are alone in there! Otherwise I wasn't all that impressed, some of the exhibits were quite dull - maybe more for kids? And it was pretty expensive to get in - I wouldn't bother again.

1 Thank Smileycat16
Nora C, General Manager at Ripley's Believe It or Not! Baltimore, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Ripley's. I am sorry that you were not amazed by our collection of unusual artifacts and artwork from around the world. We have over 100 interactives throughout the museum to entertain and while it is most definitely a great experience for kids, we have heard from many adults that they had a good time too. Thank you for pointing out that we are open late and as you noted, it is not as crowded this time of year during the week on evenings, so it is a great time to visit and avoid the summer crowds allowing you more time to learn about each exhibit. If you have any suggestions on how we could have made this experience better for you, please give us a call. We are always open to ideas on how to make the visit more rewarding. Thank you again!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“I was entertained”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

It might be a little pricey for the amount of time it takes to get through the museum (30 minutes to an hour) but I was entertained. Just go knowing that it's not an all day attraction by any means. Some of the things are tacky but interesting and kids will enjoy it. Not a bad way to kill an hour.

Oakville, Canada
341 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 308 helpful votes
“Glad I Used A Coupon For This Average Attraction”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

In my view, Ripley's didn't live up to all its hipe that the media industry talks about in its news coverage on this place. Thanks to the use of a coupon, I was able to enjoy to a point of my half hour tour of this place. It certainly has odd stories in life and things that certainly most people wouldn't do in their busy lives. Ripley's recent opened up a new attraction here in Toronto, Canada and admission price starts at $35.00 dollars for each adult admission. The US adult admission price certainly looks more attractive to me here all the time!

Visited November 2013
Nora C, General Manager at Ripley's Believe It or Not! Baltimore, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit to the Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium in Baltimore. The Odditorium is our collection of unusual artifacts and artwork from around the world and I am glad that you appreciated the "odd stories". We are very excited about the opening of the Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto which is a completely brand new 135,000 square foot facility housing over 16,000 animals including sharks, jeliies, fish and sea turtles. It is a very different experience and I hope that you get a chance to enjoy it when you get home. I think you will love it!
Mystic, Connecticut, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Neat place to visit”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ripley's is a short walk from the USS Constellation in the Inner Harbor. We just viewed the museum (Odditorium) itself. It is expensive at $18 per adult (ages 13 and up). We had a good time though looking at all of the interesting and odd things on display. Definitely bring your camera because you will see things here, that you will not see anywhere else.

Visited August 2013
Tuckerton, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Children under 6 should be free!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Was at a Ripley's in Canada in 1989 with my children, ages 8 and 11. Both thoroughly enjoyed it and they spent almost 2 hours exploring. Last week my in laws wanted to treat my grandson so we went to Ripley's in the inner harbor. Whereas the adults in the party were entertained and although a bit pricey for adults, we were okay with the experience, it wasn't worth it for my 4 year old grandson. Aside from being scared by the tall man, and pushing a few buttons for the interactive exhibits and the thermal imaging room, he had no interest or appreciation for the other exhibits which were over his head. He had a much better time in the science museum down the street. My suggestion would be to change the children's age which is presently 4-12 to at least 6-12 before charging them $11.99 for admission.

Visited October 2013