“Overpriced”

Ripley's Believe It or Not! Baltimore
Ranked #29 of 234 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: Ripley's Believe it or Not! Baltimore is located in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Come see over 13,000 square feet of the odd and weird world of Ripley's, where truth is stranger then fiction. Experience over 500 exhibits from all over the world, over 100 interactives, our 4D Moving Theater, the Marvelous Mirror Maze and a free round of our newest attraction, Smash Dash, with a combo purchase. Ripley's has been proudly freaking out families for over 90 years. Why just say it? See it!
Reviewed July 10, 2012

It was myself and my husband at a cost of $40.00 plus to walk through here, more if you want to add the room of mirrors and something else which just sounded like a $$$ grabber. I found it a total waste of money. It would be more customer friendly at a cost of maybe $10.00 if that. I don't think this will survive very long.

There are newer reviews for Ripley's Believe It or Not! Baltimore

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My boyfriend inquired free passes to all three attractions - the museum, 4D moving theater, and mirror maze - so we (two adults and a five-year-old) went just a few weeks after it opened. We all loved it! However, I noticed that the regular prices for admission are very high, especially if you are interested in seeing all three attractions. Nonetheless, it was tons of fun and I recommend it to adults and children of all ages!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I went with my adult son who is a HIGE Ripley's fan. He has been to four other Ripley's. We live about 25 miles North of Baltimore, so this was a natural for him. We saw the opening date in the Baltimore Sunpaper. I also checked the website to confirm that it was open, but could not purchase our tickets online. It turned out that the opening had been delayed, and my son was very disappointed. I called the museum & left a voicemail complaint. I received a call back from the director of visitor services, who was very apologetic. Apparently there had been a glitch that I did not see the notice of the delayed opening on the website. The director was very nice, & offered us 2 free tickets to all the attrractions. When we went, it was excellent. I really enjoyed the exhibits of replicas of the British Royal Crowns, Sceptors & Swords.The Odditorium was a bit scary for me, (I'm not big on heights.) but my son loved it. The only disappointment was that there was not a gift shop. My son said that all the other Ripleys he has visited had a gift shop.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

There is definitely enough to see at Ripley's Believe it or Not! Odditorium, in Baltimore, on repeat visits. We've been twice and can't wait to go back. There is a AAA discount for one attraction ($1.00 off each ticket), but not for multiple attractions (this doesn't make much sense). But either way, I believe you get value for the cost. We enjoyed the interactive nature and the array of interesting items to see. The second time, we included the Mirror Maze. Another interesting item is the 'make your own wax hand' feature. My kids made replicas of their hands in colored wax. We enjoyed making this keepsake. I thought the staff were very friendly and nice. This is a great addition to Harborplace and we're very happy it's here.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Believe it or not, the Ripley's believe It or Not Museum at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore has Harry Porter's Hogwarts Castle built with six hundred thousand (600,000) match sticks. Imagine my excitement when we arrived at the Harbor and I, saw the museum. For years, I have watched Ripley's on TV and the adventures that have brought to light the most unbelievable of things. The biggest man, the thinnest man, the shrunken human heads, the elephant with two trunks, Michael Jackson's portrait made of cans of pop and many more . . .

It was crowded and the children all looked like they were in a candy store, playing with the globe right outside of the museum. We made our way to the ticket counter anyway and purchased three for me, my husband and daughter. The first thing you see as you approach is the giant green dragon above the Odditorium. As you enter and approach the ticket counter, Transformer's Bumble Bee and the Minnie Cooper covered with 1 million Swarovski crystals. The Tallest and shortest men as you walk towards the stair way, and once you get to the first floor, a cabinet display of royal crowns and swords. Princess Diana's crown was there too.
We toured it during what they called the soft opening preceding the grand opening scheduled for June 26. The Kaleidoscope room was the only one I did not go through; it felt like entering a never ending maze. The child in me became incredibly afraid, funny how that works.

Ripley's is featuring 9 themed galleries and 120 interactive activities. One of the outstanding and more notable is the 10,000 pound granite ball right outside the museum, carved with facts about Baltimore, and is floating on a thin layer of water. The children were happily turning it around.

Amazing to see and unbelievable are;
• Statute of ‘the King’- Elvis Presley made of 100 faces of popular musicians
• Portrait of Justin Bieber made of gummy bears and licorice.
• The Musical stairway to heaven
• Michelangelo’s ‘The creation of Adam’ piece made purely from laundry lint
• The Interactive High Wire walking exhibit
• The 1 ton Lincoln Penny made of 10, 000 copper pennies.
• The coffin of Pharaoh made of car parts
• The Johnny Eck Photo Achieve
• Bicycle parts Mechanical Fish
• Walter Hudson, the 1400 pound man
• Taxidermied Lion

Like the historic Ships, individual tickets are much more expensive. Purchase a combo ticket to get the best value. Tickets are $11.99 per child per attraction, and $17.99 per adult per attraction. However much you spend, it is worth paying to see what you see in this museum. So get going to Baltimore!

1  Thank Africancrab