“Great Hotel, Great Location and Grea Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel, Great Location and Grea Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

The Hampton Inn at the Inner Harbor Baltimore is a very nice place to stay. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff very friendly and helpful. This hotel is at a great location, just a short walk to the great restaurants and shops in the harbor.
We found the hotel very welcoming. The valet service fast and friendly.
All the staff were very helpful and courteous, in particular the manager,Jodie, who could not do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We would totally reccommend this hotel for your Baltimore stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stay at Hamptons 80% of the time and are never disappointed. Unfortunately, this one, which has typically decent reviews on this website, was not what former visitors had described. Perhaps we got the worst room in the place. Upon arrival, the vivacious valet parking staff were so efficient that I left several items in the car as the swooped us into the lobby. Certainly a good quality, but it was too bad that they had to retrieve the car from where it was parked 6 blocks away just for me to get my hat and gloves (cold blustery night). The whole hotel has very tired decor, especially our room. It just did not feel clean in any way. The carpet was worn and stained; the bathroom was older and dreary and there was a serious ring around the tub. I do not like their new "green" concept of no toiletries except the refillable pump ones in the shower. I am certain that they are just "topped off" so some of the soap and shampoo in them must be quite old. The three of us stuck with the tiny "communion wafer" sized lone bar of soap at the sink which was gone by morning. We could have asked for another, but were not enthused to wait for another bar at 12 midnight. Thankfully the half box of tissues and one roll of toilet paper were enough. The towels were thin and old (like my old ones that we now use to bathe our dog). After I showered I realized that mine was so yellow (but was supposed to be white). Not a surprise though. I didn't notice it sooner because the lighting everwhere in the room was very DIM. There is no way anyone in that room could have read anything. We tried to watch the up to date TV, but there were only a few channels available. At 4 am when I could not sleep due to the perfectly alternating rumbling of the heater with the beep-beep alarm clock noise of the mini fridge placed next to the head of my bed , I considered asking for the Hampton 100% guarantee refund. Instead, I turned off the fridge completely which helped somewhat. I had actually thought it was my husbnd's alarm clock going off every time the fridge kicked in. Thankfully, I was wide awake when we had to get up at 6am. The breakfast was typically Hampton, which although basic, I always appreciate because it is so vey convenient for us when we travel and hate to waste time. Also, the pool was old and brown at the bottom. I am not a "high maintenance" person and I have never written a bad review of any hotel, but frankly, I was pretty surprised to be so disappointed with Hampton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank maggiesmom1234
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

Large, clean, comfortable room, friendly, helpful and competent employees, about two blocks from harbor area, excellent huge breakfast included. Older hotel in pristine shape. Safe area for walking to and from harbor area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

The hotel was beautiful and the security was great. The hotel staff seemed to have made mistake after mistake. Before my arrival I called and confirmed my reservation and had it pre charged, typical for my stays in Hampton inns. Upon arrival I found out my credit card was not charged to my room and yet my credit card company had it as charged. Whoever I talked to charged everything wrong and I could not pay for my room. I had to have my father fax over a credit card form. They made us wait an hour in the lobby with all of our stuff. After it finally got there the front desk staff forgot to swipe my key cards. We ended up having to come all the way back down to get them fixed. If that wasn’t bad enough hotel staff harassed one of my friends staying with us more than once. We had stayed for eleven days and the staff had seen him with us but any time he went to get coffee he had to show his id and his key card. I guess they have good security. Anyways we then went to the pool that was supposed to be heated but was not heated one day of our stay. It was so cold that we ended up only spending about ten minutes in the pool before everyone in our group got cold. The pool towels were always wet and not fun to use. I complained many times and even wrote a review letter back to the hotel with no response. I would never recommend this hotel for its service but the location was so perfect I would stay again and just give up on the small pleasures.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank widetravelsBoston
HamptonInnBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
I am deeply apologetic for your most recent stay as we did not exceed your expectations. We want nothing more than our guests to be satisfied from arrival to departure. I would like to speak with you further about your stay and come to some kind of resolution to compensate for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

Please contact me at Jodie.Dibley@hilton.com or 410.539.7888. I look forward to speaking with you.

Jodie Dibley
Front Office Manager
Spring Valley, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

this is a great hotel in a great location! The 'Downtown Deli' right across the street is delicious and the owners are awesome! The staff is super friendly and easy on the eyes and the lobby is warm and inviting granted I was there for the holidays so the Christmas decorations were gorgeous. The rooms are clean and comfy and if you have the money the Mahogany suite on the top level is amazing!! the price is right and the location is ideal for business or touristy plans.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Greater Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

We spent two nights at Sheraton Inner Harbor before a cruise and were extremely underwhelmed. We booked this hotel for when we returned thinking that it couldn't be any worse than the Sheraton. We were extremely surprised - it was twice as nice for half the price! From the moment we arrived to doormen that actually assisted with our luggage, to the front desk staff who were extremely pleasant and helpful. We arrived at around 11am and to our delight they had a room ready for us! I think it was Tenesha on the front desk - she was amazing! Our room was on the 7th floor and although it didn't have a view - it overlooked the alley at the back of the hotel - it was large and spacious. It had complimentary internet (that cost extra at the Sheraton) and a refrigerator and microwave, tea and coffee making facilities and best of all - a huge spa bath in the bathroom! It was beautiful. As other posters have mentioned, it is a unique hotel in that it is in an old bank building - it has really interesting architectural features and lots of marble. It was a real treat to stay here and if we ever return to Baltimore this hotel would be at the top of our list! Just sorry we didn't try this one first!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple