“Solo Business Trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel was in a great location in the center of the city - close to lots of great attractions. The room was a good size and and very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Ryan L.,

Thank you for giving your reccomendation to our special litlle property. Located in a turn of the century bank building we do have a very unique setting for a Hampton Inn & Suites. I am gad that you found it comfortable and convenient and that the staff took good care of you. I hope that on a future visit to Charm City I will get the chance to say hello and thank you in person.

Travel Safely!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This Hampton Inn is at a great location. Close to Inner Harbor, Camden Yards and Lexington Market. The hotel is beautifully decorated and very clean. We had a room in the Atrium and our room was spacious and very quite. Breakfast was different each morning and always full with many choices. The area around the hotel is safe and there is a public parking garage 1 block away on Water Street to park you car. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snoopy21

Dear Snoopy 21,

I am so happy that a Top Contributor to Trip Advisor speaks so highly of our property. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your gracious review. We are a great location to use as a jumping off point for exploring Baltimore and we are glad that you found our breakfast to be to your liking.

Please do come bacak and stay with us again should your future travel plans bring you back to Baltimore.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor is located about 5 minutes by foot from the Inner Harbor of Baltimore. It's also about a 10 minute walk to Camden Yards. This makes it an ideal location for leaving your car at the hotel and exploring a good amount of what Baltimore has to offer.

The rates offered by the hotel are typically reasonable, but definitely be aware of the $32/night charge for valet parking. The valet service was excellent as all staff members we interacted with were very friendly and my car was always ready for me within the time promised (typically 10 minutes).

The rooms in the hotel were your standard Hampton Inn rooms, which were very clean with comfortable beds. The bathroom was also larger than a standard hotel room. Each morning, a complimentary breakfast was provided, which included eggs, sausage, french toast sticks, make-your-own waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, etc. The wi-fi that is included free of charge has good speeds and never caused us any issues.

This was definitely a hotel we'd recommend to anyone looking to explore this section of Baltimore.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear GNR Matt,

Wow, 274 reviews on Trip advisor! That's amazing. I am honored that someone with your travel background finds our hotel to be "Excellent"! You are correct, just park the car and lace up your walking shoes. Baltimore is right outside your door.

I am glad that enjoyed breakfast and that you would reccomend our hotel to anyone looking to explore Baltimore.

Thank you again. Please come back and spend some more time with us when you can!

Travel Safely!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I had to go to Baltimore for a medical visit and decided to add an extra day for some sightseeing. We booked the Hampton Inn on E. Redwood St. because it was close to the harbor and the hospital. We found out that it was originally a bank building and converted into the hotel. We were given a room on the Atrium floor and couldn't believe our eyes when we got to our room. The "lobby" on our floor was beautiful and the room, although small, had all the amenities one could ask for. Everything was clean and comfortable. (My only complaint is that they had queen size sheets on a king size bed.) The staff at the hotel was unbelievably accommodating. Every person we came into contact with was pleasant and eager to do whatever they could for us, starting with the young lady at the front desk, the valets, bellmen, and the gentleman who made sure that everything at breakfast, which was more than adequate, was fresh and hot. We would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Audrey H.

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are very proud of the lobby renovation that was completed last year and of the service that our staff provides. We are happy that the interior designer was able to maintain the historic feel of the building while updating it to a contemporary look.

I will certainly look into your concern regarding the sheets not fitting the bed correctly. I'm not sure why this happened, but I do apologize for this inconvenience.

I know that you were here on a hospital visit, I hope that you will have the chance to return to Charm City for a pleasure trip and that you will consider staying with us again.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Much nicer hotels in Baltimore for the $. Location is kind of seedy. Was hair in our free breakfast food! Girl in kitchen does not wear hair net, gross! When I reported problem to the gentleman who was overseeing breakfast buffet, he told the girl & they laughed it off! I wouldn't stay there again. The valets & front desk people where where great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 808jillr808

Dear 808jillr808,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience with our complimentary breakfast. I was appalled to read your comments and truly apologize for both the incident and the reaction of the staff. Obviously this is not how I would have liked for this to have been handled. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We have never had this kind of an issue before and I assure you that it will be dealt with.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Overall, the hotel was pretty clean and the staff was friendly enough. No complaints. The room was pretty big as well. Only stayed one night for business. It is in close walking distance to the inner harbor and other neat attractions of the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear LeahKC17,

As a Top Contributor to Trip Advisor, your opinion is very important to us. Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for your review. We are happy that you found your experience at the hotel to be a good one. We hope that you will return at some point when you can stay for more than just one night so that you can enjoy all the Charm City has to offer.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Here in Baltimore's inner harbor for a weekend business trip and was pleased to have reserved this hotel on such a busy weekend (several large conferences and conventions going on). Checking in 5 different rooms at the same time was a breeze. Staff was helpful and pleasant.

Fast forward to Saturday morning....
Received a call from front desk (staff named Jazmine) notifying me that the valet ($32 per night) wasn't paid for for Friday night. Her snippy attitude is evident in her tone of voice. My stay is through Monday morning so I figured valet would be charged to my room/card or that I could take care of it at check out. So my husband goes down to take care of the charges. I call down about 10 am to ask for some bath towels where Jazmine answers the phone with a "yeah?". I ask for the towels, she answers "sure" and hangs up. I call back and again she is short, curt, and rude. I ask to speak to her manager (Daniel - Asst. Gen. Man.???) who basically says she isn't being rude.

I thought you people were in the hospitality industry???

Traveling for business for the past 4 years and this is by far the worst service I have had at a Hilton affiliated hotel. Very disappointed with Jazmine and Daniel. They shouldn't be associated with Hilton anything. If this was my first Hampton experience, I would not stay here again.

Other staff members were extremely helpful and NICE! This hotel would be outstanding minus the two inhospitable employees. Get rid of them. Many people would be happy to have their jobs.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Theresa B

Dear Theresa B.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for your review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies that your expeience did not match the high standards that we normally pride ourselves on. I am very surprised to hear that your experience of both Jazmine and Danny was anything less than professional and pleasant.They are both very good associates and both of them receive high praise from guests on a regular basis. I will certainly be discussing your concerns with them. Although it was a very busy weekend with some particularIy difficult challenges, this should not have effected the professionalism of the service that you were provided. Again I apologize.