“Baltimore stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very convenient to the inner harbor and convention center. No complaints and very happy with our stay. Room was clean and spacious, plenty of room for our two teenage boys. This was our 3rd trip to Baltimore and and the best hotel so far.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner-Harbor. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is the Charm City.

I hope to see you again on your fourth trip to the Baltimore area! Please make us your hotel of choice here in Baltimore.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for this year’s Otakon. We booked a king studio suite, which had a king size bed with a sofa bed, a mini fridge and a microwave. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. My daughter and her friends were still in the process of making their costumes for the convention, and they had ample room to work. My husband complained that the bed was hard and uncomfortable, but I personally thought it was fine.

The bathroom was also a nice size, and I was very excited to discover a whirlpool bathtub. One of the only minor issues that I had with the hotel was that the jets looked like they could have used a good scrubbing – but I’m not entirely sure whether they were dirty or just stained.

The hotel has a basic exercise room with a bike, treadmill, elliptical, weight machine & medicine balls. I wished they had some hand weights available as well, but no biggie. I was just happy to be able to get in a little cardio to burn off some of those Purple Haze’s from the Hard Rock ;).

There was a small, indoor pool which we didn’t use.

They offer a complimentary breakfast with a variety of different foods. It wasn’t your basic carb-fest of cold cereal and bagels. They also had fruit, yogurt, waffles, bacon & sausage, etc. They switched up the protein each day – sausage gravy & biscuits the first morning, and omelets the next. I read some reviews where people complained about the lack of seating, but I thought it was adequate. There are tables around the breakfast area, and there was plenty of seating in their big, beautiful lobby.

Some other things I loved about this hotel: it’s only two blocks from the inner harbor, it’s easy to park and unload when you’re checking in, the price was right ($209/night), the entire staff was very friendly and helpful, and the elevators were never busy – not even when everyone from the convention was checking out on Sunday.

We’ll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Linda C,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel, team and Charm City-and joining us for Otakon! The Inner Harbor really is a wonderful destination.

We will share your thoughts with our team.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs as I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very nice looking, and very clean one of the cleanest i have ever stayed at. However, they gave away our room before we got there and we got there @ 9:00 PM. After working with us we got a room with no A/C. next morning they put us in a sweet which was nice but shouldn't have happened in the first place. We were comp for two of our three night which we nice of the them. But the inconvenience after a 15 hour drive and being stuck on the freeway 1 mile from the hotel for 2 hours and then having your room given away to top it off is not the way to start a vacation.

1  Thank Justin H

Dear Justin H,

Starting a vacation with a challenge is never good, we apologize. I am glad you enjoyed the Suite and we were able to offer two complimentary nights. This should not have happened and we work hard to prevent this. There are times we have to take rooms out of service or extend guests unexpectedly

Your satisfaction is key to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss this stay and your future visits. (410) 539-7888.

William Hartman

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a great experience here. The hotel is located within walking distance to many things and the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous as were the doormen/women. We didn't have to wait long to get our cars or a cab. Our room felt a little dark as it was facing another empty building but overall it was a good experience. We came for a concert at M&T Stadium.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Verucak,

We are excited to see even more growth in our area with new residences being developed in the historical buildings around us. 10 Light Street is under construction now and the buildings on Calvert Street should be next.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next reservation.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Home away from home. Beautiful stay. Breakfast was awesome. The staff was the best. Very comfortable and welcomed. All our needs were taken care of, we were very safe. A great place to get away and relax.

Dear Kathleen O,

I hope to see you again on your next relaxing "get away" to the Baltimore area

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next reservation.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was extremely accommodating. Although they were completely booked and did not honor my booked reservation for 1 of my 2 night stay, they set me up in an expense paid suite in another hotel property down the street and invited me back for the second night! Excellent customer service. GREAT free breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Carlyn R,

Thank you for being so understanding and sharing your thoughts.

Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve.

We work hard not to relocate a guest. This does happen at times and we want to provide a great option. Thank you again for understanding.

Please reach out to me directly for your next reservation here in Baltimore.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We enjoyed a 3 nt stay at this hotel last month and we couldn't have been more pleased. It's a short walk to the waterfront/harbor and Camden Yards or Ravens stadium. The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable to go along with the great location. The manager on duty was even nice enough to actually stay on the phone with me to assist me in navigating to the front door. Her name is Dondrea and she simply couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. She actually talked me right to the front door during a busy Friday 'check in' time of day. Incredible customer service. Baltimore is a very nice, clean city and the Inner Harbor is a very nice take. We would recommend this hotel highly for a visit to such a nice city. We would recommend that you NOT use the valet services however. Parking garages nearby are half the cost and a very close walk.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Paul G,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner-Harbor. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay-especially Dondrea.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area- please do recommend us!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.