“Living proof that Baltimore is Charm City”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor was about as good as it gets for a family of four. Every member of the hotel staff - and I do mean every member - went out of his or her way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The location is outstanding - so many attractions are within walking distance. Perhaps my expectations or experiences are different from others, but what little outside noise could be heard inside the room didn't bother me at all - after all, it's a downtown hotel, and it'd be strange to not hear at least something. Quite frankly, the way I see it, hearing outside sounds only added to the hotel's appeal and charm. As for amenities, this may not be a lavish hotel, but it is well beyond basic. The interior design is beautiful and stately, and the rooms and common areas are clean and fresh. I would gladly stay here again... and again... and again...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear RavenPine,

We're thrilled to read your comments. We feel as if our Hotel is in a wonderful location with great amenities and a service oriented team.

Ryan Urgo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Inner Harbor and Fells Point. This was an excellent hotel and the service was fabulous....it was close enough to everything that we could walk and didnt have to drive. The breakfast staff was great and very accomdating to all our needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent visit to Baltimore. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel team was so helpful during your visit.

We're thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the breakfast and quality of the hotel. We feel as if our Hotel is in a wonderful historical property in a great location with a responsive staff.

I will share you positive comments about the hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was downtown for a volleyball tournament on Easter weekend. We had an end room on the second floor overlooking the road to the side of the hotel (rooms at the back face an alley) and had minimal noise from outside. No complaints there! The lobby was under construction was the only snafu we had. My son and I took the stairs down to the lobby, only to find out we couldn't get out at the lobby level as it was encased in plastic. But it will look lovely when it's done! Breakfast was typical of every Hampton but the hosts were wonderful. It was in the basement due to the work in the lobby. I didn't use the valet. I parked myself for $40 Friday - Sunday at a local garage. The location of the hotel was wonderful as we could walk easily to Inner Harbor, Little Italy and the convention center where the tournament was located. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: No rooms really have any sort of view - you are either looking at the Springhill Suites across the s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear leejay,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor for your stay during the tournament. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and team. The upgrade is almost done and we are back in the lobby-beautiful!

Thank you for your business and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservation needs.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here 6 nights for a conference. This is a very basic hotel, the rooms are clan but very simple. There is no safe box in the room. The bathroom is also clean but basic. The breakfast is included again very basic. It is very affordable though. One thing that was disturbing is that shower makes a terrible noise so if somebody in the room next to you is taking shower at 5 a. m. you will know about it. This happened to me every morning. I have to highlight that the front desk is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests enjoy an exceptional stay.

I will share both your positive comments about the hotel and thoughts about the service. We appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and will continue to make improvements. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

I hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting Baltimore. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here from April 6-8 for a girl's getaway trip. The hotel staff was very friendly - the front desk staff was cheerful, helpful and accommodated us staying on a higher floor. We stayed on the 5th floor and the noise was minimal. We did hear other doors closing on the floor and once I heard fire truck sirens in the middle of the night. Our view was of an abandoned building, not the best, but we weren't in the room long enough to care much or notice. Valet did take a while, but not a terrible wait, maybe 20 mins each time. The only disruption we had to our stay was the lobby was being worked on while we were there, and we had to pass through the construction to get to breakfast. At one point the paint fumes were so strong, we had to hold our breath while using the public restroom! The work was supposed to be completed by the time we arrived but apparently they weren't finished. However, work didn't go on during the weekend so it was just for the morning that it was an issue. The breakfast was good, and the staff there was very attentive. Overall, the room was clean, the location was great. And even though on Saturday night there were police cars stationed at every corner from the Inner Harbor to the hotel, there was a helicopter with a search light on, and the valet said 'Oh yeah, this happens every Saturday night, welcome to Baltimore, I liked the hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would wait to stay here again until the lobby work is completed; the paint fumes were strong!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sunflwer711,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to the Baltimore area.

After reading your comments regarding your time with us, I wanted to apologize that the lobby upgrades impacted your stay. We look forward to having you back once the refresh is completed.

We will use your feedback to improve our overall level of service and ensure current and future guests experience the best possible accommodations when choosing our property and Baltimore.

Thank you for your business, and taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had a great stay. Family enjoyed it. The room was a nice size. It was updated and very clean. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was ok. It's very close to many attractions, so once you park you don't have to move your car again. The Lobby is in the middle of being renovated, nevertheless it was still clean and not a major eyesore. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad you had a great stay and your family enjoyed their visit.

We look forward to completing our refresh and welcoming you back.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean room and good price for a family of 6. We were walking distance to the inner harbor and the hotel staff was very friendly. Had a good internet connection in the room and very good breakfast every morning. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James S

We are thrilled you had a great stay and your family enjoyed their visit here with us in Baltimore, and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

There are many wonderful attractions within walking distance, and we are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy them.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.