“Great Hotel a short walk from the Inner Harbor”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We booked this Hampton Inn for it's decent rate and location to the Inner Harbor. This hotel was easy to find on the way into the city. Once pulled up out front we were greeted by the valet attendants. Valets were not only pleasnat and helpful at check-in/check-out but provided restaurant informaiton, directions, safety info during our entire stay. Note that there is NOT the option of self-parking at this location - which we knew about ahead of time. There are some parking garages close by but you would end up paying to park there too.

The lobby of this hotel is stunning. Check-in was quick and pleasant. We were on the 4th floor facing another hotel so no view to speak of but I don't think there really are any views at this hotel since it's only 7 stories and surrounded by taller buildings.

The room was very generously sized for a hampton - or any non-suite hotel for that matter. The room had 2 queen beds, a pull-out sofa, work desk, fridge, microwave, large counter space and sink, flat screen TV, end tables and lamps in the main room. Even with the sofa made into a bed you were easily able to get around. were comfortable - no "dips" in the middle or on the edges.

The closet was a decent size and located in the sink/vanity area just inside the entrance door. Vanity is outside the main shower/toilet area and was also quite large with a lot of counter space. The room was very clean and well maintained. Beds We were very pleasantly surprised by the room.

My only complaint about the room was that no matter where you were on the beds the AC blows directly on your face and body. This is annoying as the system kicks on and off all night and your nose can get dry. The AC isn't noisy at all so this is really a minor compaint.

We were worried that being located on a busy street and with a room near a corner it would be loud at night. There must be some amazing insulation and windows as you could hardly hear any street noise at all the entire time we were there. We commented that you hear more noise on the 4th floor of our favorite hotel in Albany!

Breakfast options were all very good and included with the room and held in the lobby. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, toast, muffins, bagels, cereal, waffles, oatmeal, danishes, juice, coffee, etc. The area can get pretty busy but there are a lot of tables/seating. The staff does a great job keeping the food stocked and even come around and offer mints, color pages for kids and clean the tables.

Our biggest complaint or let down was the terribly small pool in a somewhat dimly lit room. It's about the width of 3 chairs and maybe 12-15 chairs long. There isn't a hot tub. The water temp was OK and the room was surprisingly not humid or overly warm. Due to the small size it can feel crowded with only 4-5 people in this area. There was a lifeguard on duty at all times. It does also have limited hours during the week. We did hear quite a few people comment on how disappointing the pool was due to small size and lack of hot tub.

This hotel is in a great location to walk to all of the Inner Harbor attractions. Not more than 4 blocks. The area around the hotel seemed safe during daylight hours. There are drugstores right round the corner if you forget anything or need snacks, drinks, etc. There are many restaurants around the area as well randing from expensive to casual to fast food - lots of options.

The day of check out we wanted to make a spur of the moment trip the science center and inquired about local parking garages. The front desk said we could leave our luggage and had until 5pm to return without paying another valet fee. One of the valets actually got our car for us, we loaded the luggage and then he parked it again. When we returned after another long day or sightseeing it was nice to not have to load the vehicle and messa round with luggage.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mysterie91

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here overnight on August 26, 2012 after dropping a family member off at the port for a cruise. I have stayed at Hampton Inns before so I was expecting good service and a decent breakfast. I received both! My only complaints are: pull out bed was extremely uncomfortable! (more on that in a minute) and the air conditioning unit was very noisy when turning on during the night!! They need to upgrade these units!
The great service came when we complained about the pull-out bed. Our housekeeper, Olga, tried very hard to help us but turned to another housekeeper mgr (didn't get her name unfortunately) for help. This woman was determined to find a solution! I explained that I didn't want to wait around since we were only there for 1 night and she said not to worry, a new bed would be in our room upon our return. We stopped at front desk on way out to speak with desk mgr, Nasur Almutairi. He already knew about our request and was working on it along with the housekeeping mgr!! They both had great attitudes and were very helpful! When we returned, there was a much better push-in bed in the room and my son had a great night sleep! Hotel location is great, beautiful lobby and good breakfast. Would visit again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Thanks to TA reviewers, I checked on this hotel in Jan 2012 and three days before arrival in March 2012, to see if the pool was in order given the TA disrepair comments. Of course after a 3-day prior to arrival call, it was out of service for the entire week of my stay. They were kind enough to offer me a night back on them.

We arrive on the weekend of the Grand Prix Baltimore. Although the pool closes at 9 pm and doesn't open until 10 am on weekends, I appreciate the fact that this pristine pool setting is guard by an extremely courteous lifeguard. The rooms and beds are immaculate. If you can, ask for a 7th floor room in this restored 1900's bank. The 7th floor rooms numbered in the 7teens thru 720's has gorgeous vaulted ceilings with redoux marble.

Full self service breakfast, awesome staff, convenient valet service, really nice business center and proximety to Inner Harbor (2 1/2 blocks), restaurants and on this weekend, the Grand Prix is within walking distance to Little Italy and the main attraction too!

Beds! Beds are the comfy pillow top softness of the Courtyard, Holiday Inn Express (updated of course) quality but comfortable firm type FYI. Adequate Fitness Room. Still thumbs up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Pleasantly surprise by the experience and good service. Cordial employees and pleasant service. Extremely clean rooms and atmosphere, w were surprise about the breakfast that was included in the rate.
Great location just blocks away from inner harbor. Asked for late checkout, as was no problem. Overall best service we had in the entire trip in Baltimore.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am a Hilton Gold Card Member and my husband and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. We have always had some sort of problem with the front desk but being that this is the closest to the Inner Harbor that will take Hilton Points we stay here. When I approached the front desk I was greeted with a big hello and smile which was usually not how I have been greeted in the past. I used my Hilton Honor Points to get one of the suites (which was extra) and Dondrea handed me my room keys. When I got up to the room I realized I had been in this room before which is a very nice but not the room I was hoping for. I grudgingly went back down to the front desk as I have done in the past anticipating the worst as it has always been for me. This time instead of giving me inadequate answers just to get on to the next person Dondrea took the time and explained how the Hilton Points System worked. I am in the customer relations business myself and was very impressed with this girl that she knew all the answers to my questions and REALLY took the time to explain everything to me. Unfortunately Dondrea could not change the room for us but given the information she provided I was very content and had a much better understanding of how the Hilton Points worked, but still really wished I could have had the room we’ve had in the past.
We were in our room about five minutes when the phone rang with Dondrea on the other end explaining how she went to her General Manager Ryan and asked if we could have the room we loved since the people checked out. I was so excited I got down to the front deck before she could get up to give me the new keys. I was very fortunate that as I picked up my new keys Ryan was there for me to meet and thank him for the room and also for letting him know how lucky he was to have an employee as knowledgeable as Dondrea. Not many people today would go above and beyond as she did for us. As a General Manager myself I would be very proud to have Dondrea on my team!!!
My husband and I look forward to coming back in the future and spending more wonderful weekend at the Hampton Inn thanks to Dondrea. Thank You again for a most pleasurable stay.
Bonnie and Charlie
Ps. Hats off to your valet service and the morning breakfast crew who also were very delightful and eager to please….

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I only picked the Hampton inn because of their romance package. They never brought it to the room for us so I called and they basically laughed at me. And 15 mins later they showed up with a bottle of arbor mist, a crunch bar, and microwave popcorn. That's a far cry from "-Bottle of champagne-2 champagne glasses-Specialty chocolates-$10 Starbucks card-Full Hot breakfast-3 pm late check out"

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Hashbaugh84
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Decent hotel. We always look to Hampton Inn...knowing that the room will be comfortable, staff competent, in a convenient, good location. This one MOSTLY lived up to our personal hype. We came down at 9:15 for the breakfast that is served until 10:00AM and there was no food left! We understood that the hotel was overbooked-management should have planned for that. When we informed the manager at check out that we had to go out for Breakfast, all he said was that they will be renovating the lobby & there will be more seats-how about more food? The least he could have done was offer to pick up the $10.00 for the breakfast that we should not have had to pay for.

1  Thank Terri G