Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hm...”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

After having read quite a few good reviews on tripadvisor about this property, I decided to give it a try for a weekend gettaway with my girlfriend.
The service was mediocre, the staff at the Front Desk did not really seem to care about us and special needs (forgot my washing bag at home so I needed razor, toothbrush, shampoo, etc).
The hotel is in a great location- which is why I might return.
Service-vise...I might consider going to a different hotel next time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank columbus_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We just completed a trip where we stayed at Hamptons along our trip from Pittsburgh to Phillie to Balltimore. Compared to the others, we were disappointed. The location is very good near the Inner Harbor. Other than that, the value is mediocre. The bed was like a hammock and needs replacement. The room was clean and the mini-fridge was useful. One of our family members wanted an extra blanket and we phoned the front desk around 8:00pm. They said they would get back to us and no one responded at all. The parking charge of $32 is outrageous. Be sure to ask for your car at least 20-25 minutes before you need it, because it takes time for them to bring it to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I continue to be impressed with Hamton Inns. While it's not the best hotel in town, it's a very good value. It's cost focused but they do a very good job of delivering the best value for the price you pay. The lobby is nice. Much of the hotel is no frills, but it's clean, spacious, quiet, and comfortable. I would highly recommend it for those traveling on a budget.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank ChicagoOrange
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Hampton Inn at Baltimore Inner Harbor is in an ideal located to visit the Inner Harbor Area. It is 2 to 3 blocks from the hotel. I walked down S. Calvert( I think it was S.) and was right there. Hotel is located in a converted office building. The hotel may have been another establishment at one time. There is another old building that is being converted into a hotel across the street.( Hotel Indigo)
The service and staff at the hotel were top notch; pleasant asking if everything was ok. It is a standard Hampton Inn with breakfast area.(although I wish they would use something other than the powered eggs, they were very dry with cheese and not appetizing). The Business and Fitness center are located on the lower level, (free internet). My room was clean, bed very comfortable. Outside hotel staff very helpful with directions. I was given a map instead of verbal directions. I would stay here again.
P.s. cost to get to the Hampton is about $24.00 per person using Super Shuttle. There is public transportation (light rail or bus service) which cost less but not familar enough for me to use.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Traveling_Lady_2004
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2011

The Hampton Inn at the Inner Harbor Baltimore is a very nice place to stay. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff very friendly and helpful. This hotel is at a great location, just a short walk to the great restaurants and shops in the harbor.
We found the hotel very welcoming. The valet service fast and friendly.
All the staff were very helpful and courteous, in particular the manager,Jodie, who could not do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We would totally reccommend this hotel for your Baltimore stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stay at Hamptons 80% of the time and are never disappointed. Unfortunately, this one, which has typically decent reviews on this website, was not what former visitors had described. Perhaps we got the worst room in the place. Upon arrival, the vivacious valet parking staff were so efficient that I left several items in the car as the swooped us into the lobby. Certainly a good quality, but it was too bad that they had to retrieve the car from where it was parked 6 blocks away just for me to get my hat and gloves (cold blustery night). The whole hotel has very tired decor, especially our room. It just did not feel clean in any way. The carpet was worn and stained; the bathroom was older and dreary and there was a serious ring around the tub. I do not like their new "green" concept of no toiletries except the refillable pump ones in the shower. I am certain that they are just "topped off" so some of the soap and shampoo in them must be quite old. The three of us stuck with the tiny "communion wafer" sized lone bar of soap at the sink which was gone by morning. We could have asked for another, but were not enthused to wait for another bar at 12 midnight. Thankfully the half box of tissues and one roll of toilet paper were enough. The towels were thin and old (like my old ones that we now use to bathe our dog). After I showered I realized that mine was so yellow (but was supposed to be white). Not a surprise though. I didn't notice it sooner because the lighting everwhere in the room was very DIM. There is no way anyone in that room could have read anything. We tried to watch the up to date TV, but there were only a few channels available. At 4 am when I could not sleep due to the perfectly alternating rumbling of the heater with the beep-beep alarm clock noise of the mini fridge placed next to the head of my bed , I considered asking for the Hampton 100% guarantee refund. Instead, I turned off the fridge completely which helped somewhat. I had actually thought it was my husbnd's alarm clock going off every time the fridge kicked in. Thankfully, I was wide awake when we had to get up at 6am. The breakfast was typically Hampton, which although basic, I always appreciate because it is so vey convenient for us when we travel and hate to waste time. Also, the pool was old and brown at the bottom. I am not a "high maintenance" person and I have never written a bad review of any hotel, but frankly, I was pretty surprised to be so disappointed with Hampton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank maggiesmom1234
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Large, clean, comfortable room, friendly, helpful and competent employees, about two blocks from harbor area, excellent huge breakfast included. Older hotel in pristine shape. Safe area for walking to and from harbor area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple