“An excellent place”
Review of INN at 2920

INN at 2920
Ranked #4 of 11 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I stayed at the Inn for two days in the midst of a two-week business trip to the east coast. The Inn's own tagline ("Upscale, Contemporary, yet Unpretentious") says it best and is completely accurate. I enjoyed the DirecTV in the room, the contemporary decor, and the reliable wireless internet. The living room was a very comfortable place to sit and read in the evenings. I also enjoyed the company of the room's resident fish, Jim. And finally, I was very pleased and surprised that, even though some rooms are close together, I didn't hear other guests at all when I was in my room.

Breakfast was good, and the innkeeper made sure I was well fed even on the day that I had to leave only a few minutes after the official start of breakfast time. I had an omelette that was not fancy but very good on the first morning and delicious bread pudding and fruit parfait on the second morning. And the coffee is excellent; I believe it comes from a local roaster.

Walking distance from the Inn are good restaurants on a cool old square and great old blocks of Baltimore rowhouses. I was initially apprehensive about finding street parking, but it turned out not to be a problem at all. I never parked more than half a block from the Inn.

It was all in all a great stay, and I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed October 19, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at 2920 for two nights 10/5 and 10/6 for our 1st anniversary. We went to the Aquarium and the other shops at Inner Harbor. The inn is only 2 miles from the harbor. We drove our car and parked in a garage. Roxanne the inn keeper said we could have taken the water taxi if we did not want to drive. The inn was very modern and we appreciated that. We do not find the old Victorian style inns very appealing. Roxanne was very hospitable and she made very tasty breakfasts for us each morning. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary287
Reviewed October 6, 2008

What a great place. I booked it for my girlfriends belated birthday! A block behind Canton, MD's bar and restaurant scene. The Inn was quiet and romantic. Roxanne, the housekeeper was a very warm welcomer. The breakfast was amazing. Fresh fruit parfait, banana bread, french toast, and sausage. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We'd been wanting to go to Baltimore for a while so when the opportunity to go arose we couldn't have been more excited. From the website we knew right away that the Inn was the place for us so we booked 4 nights in the Room at the Edge of the World. The room itself was very comfortable and just what we needed after a long flight over from London. The breakfasts were fantastic and made for a great start to the day and our hosts David, Warren and Roxanne were all incredibly welcoming, friendly and accomodating and more than happy to assist when called upon. I loved the city but staying at the Inn made our time there that little bit more special. Needless to say we will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Stayed at the Inn second week of September, its a lovely place. Clean, modern, the right touches and decor. It's unique in the best way. We loved the sitting room, borrowed alot of books on the area to read at night. The owners are fantastic and the inn keeper a gem. Breakfast each morning was delicious. We would certainly return for another visit when in town!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2008

For my husband's birthday, I purchased tickets for a concert at the Pier Six Pavillion. I did not want to stay in downtown Baltimore, so I decided to check out local B&B's in the area. I must say that I was certainly pleased with my choice of the Inn @2920. We had a medical emergency at home with one of our children prior to our weekend away, and had to change our reservations from FR/SAT to SAT/SUN. Since there was an opening, the staff was very gracious in changing our reservations at no extra charge which we greatly appreciated. The staff was very friendly and made us feel right at home. The rooms are clean, handsomely decorated and very comfortable. The presentation of the food looked like it came out of a magazine, and it was delicious. The street parking was not a problem, once we parked our car, we never used it until we went home. We were able to get around via water taxi, walking, and taxi cabs when it got too late to catch the boat. I would definately recommend the B&B to anyone visiting Baltimore.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 1, 2008

If you are a Red Sox fan, then you'll want to make a quick get away to Baltimore, MD and see a few games and while there, stay at the Inn at 2920.

My husband and I just returned and the Inn is quiet, contemporary, yet close enough to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Inner Harbor.

With high ceilings, a fish and frig in our room, Roxanne sent us on our way in the morning with the most delicious of homemade breakfasts. Fresh fruit, smoothies made with real fruit, and the most scrumptious bread pudding blueberry french toast, and chicken sausage, we didn't need to eat lunch until 2pm. All the modern amenities but it felt like our own -just entirely delightful!

We have already recommended the Inn to several friends in the Boston area and are already making plans to go back next year!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple