“The biggest screen in the USA!”

Bengie's Drive-In Theatre
Ranked #9 of 27 Fun & Games in Baltimore
College Park, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The biggest screen in the USA!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was randomly googling drive-ins because I thought they were all gone but to my complete and utter joy, there is one about an hour away from where I live. I first visited back in 2012 and every year since then, with my boyfriend and I saw The Raven with John Cusack. It rained but it didn't really change anything. If you do happen to kill your battery they have people who can help you jump your car! (Free of charge which I think is nice) The staff are nice and helpful. If you are going for a special occasion just ask one of the cashiers for an "Announcement" and they'll read it during intermission! (This time I went on my 23rd birthday!) If you go to see one of the later movies admission is usually about $5. (which is cheap!) If you attend the first movie, (sometimes they have triple features) it's only $9 a person which, around where I live, is what we pay for "student" pricing. Bengie's allows you to bring in outside food, for a fee, but they really make their money off of the concession stand. They do take credit cards at the concession stand (Visa and MasterCard only) but I believe they only take cash for the admission. I feel like the food is kind of expensive, but again, this is how they make money, so I don't mind paying a little extra. (you can buy gifts too. As well as online)

In short, Bengie's drive-In is the coolest place! The traffic to get there for me is worth every minute. It's amazing to have a piece of American culture left in today's society.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Anastasia O

Baltimore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Really Fun!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is such an awesome place! Great atmosphere and just an all around good time. The food was good and prices were reasonable. I only wish they'd get rid of the "game machines" they have that tempt little eyes to want to spend time at the machines instead of watching the movies. It had an "old time-classic" feel to it and it was just PERFECT. We will continue to go back!

Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Outdoor movie.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Another good activity for family. I very busy location so get there early. They follow you to bring your own food for a fee, which I think is nice.

Visited June 2013
Fareham
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great night out”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We wanted to experience the great American drive in tradition and were not disappointed. Bengie's is easy to find especially as pretty much everyone has Satnav or Google maps these days and you cant miss the huge sign by the turn for the entrance the staff were extremely courteous and allowed us to park wherever we wanted but suggested their favourite place to us. Yes there are rules which are reiterated but it is amazing how many stupid people still choose to ignore them, so maybe they do need repeating!
The food at the concession stand was varied and no more expensive than major cinema chains.
There were 3 movies including the recently released Gravity and all for $9 per person and you can get out and walk around or bring you own seats and sit in front of your car.
Bengie's fully lived up to our expectation and we will be back.

Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what happened to the good ol days ?”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I been to drive -ins since the 60's an yeah things change an you must roll with um , but too many rules can ruin a classic moment in your love life with guards walking though .Its still a very nice place , but must tell you ....BRING A RADIO with you ! You don't wanna drain your battery . Its not like the old days when they had speakers . Don't be loud or they will toss you out . If you have a pick up truck , park backwards an watch the movie with folding chairs in the bed ! Bring your own drinks an foods an snacks to save $$.

Visited July 2013