“Midtown lunch”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stang of Siam is located in Midtown, Baltimore. We had the most delicious lunch there. We had 2 orders of the spring rolls to start. We could not get enough, they were yummy. We all ordered the Drunken Noodles on a recommendation from a friend. They were outstanding and I would eat the them every day if I could.
The service was good and the interior was nice.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We did take away on a weekday. Food was yum. Came with a big party of 14 persons on Saturday night. Place was full. Service was so so. Just 3 waiters for the entire place. But the Food was delicious. All my guests enjoyed the food. It is the best Thai food I have ever eaten.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stang of Siam... I was wavering between three points or four points, but I opted to be generous and go with the four points.

The food here is fantastic. There's no other way to describe it. It's probably got the best Thai cuisine in Baltimore. The spring rolls here are classic, but I've learned that the Goon Sarong is a better, more adventurous pick. The mango salad is legit, with just the right amount of spice. The Pad Se-Ew is the best I've ever had -- it's flavorful, soft, and perfectly oiled. And the Basil Fried Rice was surprisingly good as well. However, I'd skip the Thai drinks. Both the Thai iced tea and the Thai coffee tasted like pure sugar water, which is very different than what I'm used to.

Overall, there's no denying that the food here is amazing. I was contemplating three stars only because service is quite lacking. For the whole first floor (which was constantly busy), there was only one waitress and one helper who'd deliver the ready-made food. I kind of feel sorry that she was the only server, but it is what it is. This place seems to be busy up until closing hours.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Saturday night and this place made everybody in our party, from age 10 to 87 happy. Tops was the eggplant/tofu entree and the tofu yellow curry. Appetizers were tasty and we found each dish had a unique flavor. 10 year old recommends dumplings. Mango salad was zesty... Perfect blend of spicy, sweet, tangy and clean. W recommend this spot.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We live in Baltimore and have heard that Stang was worth a visit from several friends. We finally went and found it to be charming. It's an easy walk from the train station, if you are visiting. The Beef of Siam was quite good, as were the Spring Rolls. The decor is "bare bones" but the atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable. The service was excellent, with all the waiters working together.

1  Thank rugbyroadster