“Great for sightseeing or getting to point B”

Baltimore Water Taxi
Ranked #11 of 243 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Somewhere between a water-based bus line and open air adventure, the Baltimore Water Taxi is the fun, fast and affordable way to navigate the city. Operating with a crew of licensed Captains and a fleet of USCG inspected commercial passenger vessels along dedicated routes servicing fixed stops in/around the Baltimore harbor. Tickets can be purchased once you board a boat using cash or credit card (only). The $14 ADULT ALL DAY TICKET is by far our most popular option for those passengers looking to explore the many attractions that outline the Baltimore Harbor. Adult passenger will be able to ride the Water Taxi to all 13 of our stops as many times as you like for the entire day. You also get our exclusive "Letter of Marque" coupon book with tons of savings within walking distance from our stops. The $8 ADULT ONE WAY TICKET is perfect for those riders who know where they're going and want to get there in a stress free environment. Good for a single trip with a known destination. The $7 CHILDREN'S TICKET is for those passengers ages 3 to 10. It is valid for both a One Way and All Day passage provided the rider is accompanied by an adult ticket holder. All Children's Tickets have a coupon on the reverse side.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It is $7 for 1 trip or $12 for an all-day pass. This is more than just getting from point A to B however. The view you are given as you go is wonderful and really the main reason I took it. I went from Stop 7 to 2 just after sunset and had a wonderful view of the inner harbor. The ride was quick, too quick. The worker on the boat was nice and helpful in showing me the route the boat took - they were running some abbreviated route and not making all their stops that night. Also note that the stop to Ft McHenry closes after 30 Sept so you won't be able to take the taxi over there again until 1 Apr.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I left my car in PA. It was not needed in Baltimore. I took the train to Penn Station in Baltimore. I used the Charm City Circulator to get to my hotel and to the Inner Harbor. At the Inner Harbor I used the Water taxi's to go to Fell's Point and Fort McHenry. The Charm City Circulator is FREE!!! The Water Taxi's are $12 for the day. I can think of no better way to see Baltimore. I went everywhere. Connections are easily made. A Charm City Circulator comes by about every 15 min. The buses are well maintained. Drivers on the Water Taxis and buses were friendly and knowledgeable. I can not say enough nice things about this. I have driven to Baltimore and delt with the beltway....

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was tired from walking all day, so I took the water taxi from Fell's Point back to Inner Harbor. It was $7 for one way. Make sure you know which boat follows a particular route. The crew aboard were very helpful and courteous. This was a very unique experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

For $12 can ride the boats all day. The taxi service is primarily around the inner harbor but there is a connector route that takes you as far as Ft McHenry. Considering the parking hastles this is the way to go. Take the last boat of the night for excellent sunset and night photos of the harbor. As a downside service ends at 8pm so if going to Fells Point on further down will have to find another way back to the hotels

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great way to travel between the Harbour and Fells Point. Nice ride and comfortable. Nice in the summer and to to view the Harbour. Suggest it to anyone unless you do not like boats