“Yankee town on game day”
Review of Inner Harbor

Private Sailing Charter in Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 233 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of America's oldest seaports dating from the 1600s is today an important landmark and popular tourist destination. Park your car and follow the brick promenade through this bustling complex of eateries, stores, museums, entertainment and children's attractions. Sample the fresh seafood right out of Chesapeake Bay.
Pennington, NJ
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Yankee town on game day”
Reviewed August 29, 2008

The inner harbor was very peaceful for an 8AM walk, but was very crowded on the weekend by mid-morning. We were here for games, and didn’t spend much time in the harbor -- just a walk-through on our way to little Italy. The aquarium, duck boat and restaurant lines were all pretty long. Yankee fans were everywhere, and I hear there were players walking around during lunchtime and folk were kind enough to wave and let them enjoy the sights. In prior years, we toured the ships and had a very good meal at Tir Na Nog. Good concerts at night (Keb Mo, Robert Cray) but missed them due to game plans.

• Arabic first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We recently enjoyed 2 days in the Inner Harbor area. We were in town for a ballgame at Camden. Although the Inner Harbor area was rather touristy and mall-like, we enjoyed watching a live band one evening and having drinks on a deck overlooking the harbor the next evening. As far as restaurants, I’m sure there are better choices away from the waterfront, but we were disappointed with Houlihans. The service was terrible and the food was mediocre. J Pauls restaurant was better but not great. In general, we found all the restaurants in the area rather dirty (including the restrooms). We did found a wonderful bakery in Little Italy. I think the name was Vaccaros. Great deserts and cappuccino. Avoid the Harbor Tour cruise boat. It was overcrowded and very uncomfortable. A better choice is the Water Taxi. They drop off and pickup at many locations around the harbor. They seem to run late into the night.

In summary, I wouldn’t go out of my way just for the Inner Harbor. Combined with a ballgame, and other local attractions it’s a good hub for activities.

2 Thank RichDe
Jönköping
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not a place to go, but OK on the way”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

There's not much point in taking a trip to just see it, but you are probably passing it on the way to the Aquarium or Camden Yard. And though it is a bit of a tourist trap, you can hang around for a while, have an ice cream and look at the boats.

El Segundo, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“It was o.k.”
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I'm not sure what I expected of the Inner Harbor, but I was a little let down.

I live in Southern California so I think I was expecting something more like the marinas and harbors we have here. I think I expected more shops and things to see.

There are a few things to do while there. The Baltimore Aquarium is located at the Inner Harbor. There is a Hard Rock Cafe and an ESPN Zone. There is a cool looking red round lighthouse. Plus a submarine and an old ship that I believe offer tours.

I hung out for a few hours killing time and met up with an old friend.

It was raining the day I was there. It was a light drizzle. Due to the rain and it being a weekday the crowds were small. Mostly a lot of school kids on field trips.

I stopped in the lighthouse but there wasn't much to see there.

I spent some time in the food court area (I forget the name) and bought some souvenirs in one of the stores.

I considered hitting the Baltimore Aquarium but the line there was a little long (school kids).

My friend took me on a walking tour of the harbor and down to Fells Point. Fells Point is a cute little quaint neighborhood.

I spent nearly $20 in parking by the time I left. Ouch. That seemed a bit high to me.

If I ever get back to Baltimore I would someplace else to visit and skip going to the Inner Harbor.

anywhereihappentobe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed April 25, 2008

My wife and I travel a lot and just spent 3 months in Florida. We have already visited the Inner Harbor twice and have enjoyed it more than the 3 months we were in Florida. It is a bit touristy, but it is also great to just sit and listen to the free street performers and enjoy the sights. I highly recommend it for a nice getaway for a day.

2 Thank mrpelican77