“Good food for this type of restaurant.....”

Water Street Tavern
Ranked #174 of 2,194 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar
Description: (410) 605-9495
Description: (410) 605-9495
Reviewed September 25, 2013

First let me state this is not a high end restaurant so if you are ordering an upscale meal and expect it to be like a five star restaurant that won't happen. They give you plastic utensils and plastic cups so I don't understand why people expect it to properly serve elegant dinners. But if you are looking for a great sandwich, especially the Reuben, this place is for you. In our party we had orange roughy, turkey clubs, reubens, chips and salsa, and wings and it was all good. The service was very friendly. There were eight of us but we needed four separate checks. The one detail this place replicates as does many other restaurants is that it adds in a tip automatically. I don't usually expect that in places I consider dives but one astute member of our party caught this so please check your bill carefully. This place is a minute away from the Residence Inn-Inner Harbor so if you are like us-and sight see all day and skip dinner-this is a good place to stop on your way back to the hotel.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We watched the Ravens opening night game here. There were plenty of TVs. The beer selection seemed good and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I should have known when I walked into an empty restaurant. I should have just walked out. But I did not and now I can to have this dinner back. The bartender was friendly enough. So I give it two stars just for the service. But the food needs serious work. I ordered the prime rib and literally could not take a full bite. It was unreasonably tough. I settled for the bison burger, which was just ok.

I am sure this place is a great bar-I just would not risk the food unless you have experienced a full two hour happy hour.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice quiet Bar next to Marriott residence Inn. Good spot to have a couple and watch the late game. Friendly bartenders

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stopped by for a beer before heading back to the hotel. 2 small beers (local pale ale) in plastic cups and the bartender asked for $15.50. When I objected he said "oh I mean $14.50", I felt like he was just making it up and because I was obviously a tourist saw me as an easy mark on a quiet night. I'd paid much less, in far better places for the same beer. Do yourself a favour and head over to Fells Point for some real pubs, nicer bear and cheaper prices.

1  Thank Markh136