“Mediocre food, excellent location”

Water Street Tavern
Ranked #189 of 2,073 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar
Description: (410) 605-9495
Description: (410) 605-9495
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The restaurant has an excellent location for business traveller. The menue looked good and not really cheap, but food didn't match the level of price even close. I've ordered a crab cake - what else to order in Maryland? I am not sure that the crab meat was even present in this tasteless greyish patty. Service was OK. Would not go there next time myself and would not recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Alexander K

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Reviews for this place on TA are good and the food meets expectations as noted by others. It's bar food with some class. Good quality with attention to detail. A heads up... Decor is a rustic carribean style on a budget. Beer, cold and fresh, comes in a plastic (not a red solo cup per the song) cup served by a welcoming sort... You might be tempted to walk out once you are inside but give it a chance. It's a local place. It promotes multiple floors but I did not venture of the street level. Enjoy

1  Thank dchemist
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in Baltimore for a conference and a group of us went out for a beer on a Tuesday night.
The bartender was hosting a trivia game in a more or less unique way. Unlike most places where it's usually on pen and paper ... the guy was just shooting questions around and waiting for someone to shout the correct answer. We thought it was pretty cool.
Even though their beer selection is not that diverse, they had a few good beers on tap. I had a black IPA...(i forgot the name of the brewery) but i thought it was one of the best IPAs i've ever had.

1  Thank B A
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very nice layout, the food was excellent and prepared to order, and the service was absolutely superb. This place is truly full of charm. I had the soup of the day; beef vegetable prepared with a tender brisket. I am not a soup person; I tend to only order soup if it is raining. But with a bright sunny (albeit cold) day outside, when the server told us about it being made with brisket, I had to have it. And it was delectable. Everybody else at the table seem to enjoy their food, and my friends started to tell other people they met about it. I hope to go back and see it still going strong.

1  Thank gianessa
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were there a Saturday afternoon for drinks. Service was great, beer was cold. We ordered the buffalo chicken dip and it was really good. Wish we would have found this place earlier during our stay.