“One of the best restaurants”
Review of Lumbini

Lumbini
Ranked #197 of 2,055 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Nepali
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I visited from out of town (Philadelphia area) after visiting the aquarium. This is 1 of the best restaurants at which I have eaten. The food was very good and the service was very good as well. The Aloo Tama Soup was excellent, as was the Hydrabadi Chicken. Though the prices were a bit higher than I usually like to pay, it was still well worth the price. It is also centrally located at 322 North Charles St. I would definitely recommend a visit if you are ever in the Baltimore area.

There are newer reviews for Lumbini

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had chicken tikka masala and a dal-saag-tarkari special as a pre-concert dinner. The tikka masalr was good with a nice tandoor flavor to the chicken. The sauce was not quite as rich as a typical Indian restaurant. The lentil and spinach dish was outstanding. Lumbini seems to have the most extensive Nepalese menu in the area -- more items than I remember at Kumari up the street or Katmandu in Towson . When we return, we'll focus on these dishes rather than the Indian. Lumbini is BYOB.

The decor is not especially inviting -- black being the predominate color. Service was attentive.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I got the Hyderabadi Lamb and the Kashmiri Naan, and really liked both. The servers were extremely friendly without making us feel the least bit uncomfortable about being the only customers there. They offered to bring us more rice even before we ran out, and without our having to ask, which I always appreciate. When we asked for our food to be boxed up, they gave us even more rice to take home with us! So while the prices might be a little high for it to be an everyday restaurant, I was able to get two full meals out of my order, which cuts the price in half. I'll definitely come back.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

loved the food. great taste, authentic, good varieties. buffet was 9.99. i love the food . definitely recommended if u r in baltimore

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Was in Baltimore for a conference and stopped at Lumbini's for dinner. I had the Goat Curry, which was excellent! I also had Nepali Ice Tea with milk, which was also really good. Will return next time I'm in Baltimore!