“A little bit of Italy in Baltimore”
Review of Piedigrotta Bakery

Piedigrotta Bakery
Ranked #2 of 44 Bakeries in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A little bit of Italy in Baltimore”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a great find! We were looking for a breakfast spot & were just about to settle for yet another Starbucks when I found Piedigrotta listed on my GPS. We had the special Italian breakfast and it was amazing fresh fruit salad, sweet rolls, scrambled eggs, potato pie, sausage, bacon, beets and roasted red peppers. The coffee was excellent. You can also just order scrambled eggs if you like. Excellent bakery selections as well..we took home some pignoli cookies and would have picked up more but we so full. It is definitely worth going a bit out your way to find. It reminded me of a bakery shop/patisserie we visited in Sorrento.

• Visited March 2013

Laurens, South Carolina
“I want to move to Baltimore so I can eat here!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is just a little storefront cafe/bakery, but the food is to die for! I had a meatball sub that was probably the best food I've ever eaten. Then I had some pastries. I would have eaten more, but my stomach literally would not hold any more. I was truly considering moving to Baltimore so I could eat at Piedigrotta every day. In addition to sandwiches, they serve casseroles and vegetables. They also sell breads and pastries to eat there or to take home.

• Visited September 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bakery and good eats”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a quaint out of the way bakery and eatery in the Little Italy section of the Harbor. The owner is the originator of Tiramisu. The baked goods from bread to pastries are great and available for takeout. Even the gelato and tiramisu can be packed to travel. Breakfast thru dinner changes everyday depending on the owners and are Italian in general. We had the Italian breakfast which included: eggs,potatoes,bacon,italian sausage, with artichokes/onion/roasted pepper, and sauteed snow peas. It came with coffee, fruit, and rolls with nutella. For 2 it was about $25 and we took leftovers.
Get out of the harbor for something different , even if it's just for the tiramisu.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank DinEd
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A huge group that we had was accomodated perfectly with no waiting”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We walked all over Inner Harbor. We went up and down the streets of Little Italy. And now we were hungry. We tried a couple of area bakeries but there was a line at the door and they were teenage havens.

We were told that the inventor of the Tiramisu still worked at Piedigrotta, and we found out it was true - after 50 years!

So, we went in Piedigrotta. This place was amazing. They call it a bakery, but we had lasagna and sandwiches and coffee and all kinds of delicacies. And they seated 20 of us down and we were able to eat right away, The food was delicious! We are definitely going back!

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank BobbieCia
Parkville, Maryland
“ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

OH HOW I LOVE THIS PLACE :)
Bruno and Antonio are 2 of the loveliest people ive come across in Little Italy. Their quaint bistro is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon lunch after a bike through the city. delicious pastries and home cooked italian meals. you can smell the love when you walk through the door. greeted with warm faces and hugs, ill keep coming back over and over again. all hail piedegrotta, and the inventor of tiramissu! (no seriously, antonio invented it 50 yrs ago in Italy! go to the website for proof!)

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jess P

Been to Piedigrotta Bakery? Share your experiences!