“No Substitutions!!”
Review of Phillips Seafood

Phillips Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Phillips Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,039 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pratt & Market Streets
Description: Classic Casual Dining: Phillips' new Baltimore location is an exciting and easy blend of vintage and modern, with a nod to the longstanding tradition of Phillips restaurants. Phillips at the Power Plant sits directly on the water, just a few steps away from the old Light Street Pavilion location, in the iconic renovated Power Plant industrial building. The innovative redesign of the interior by Carl Myers and Marcie DeLaRosa shows off gleaming, rich woods and jewel toned stained glass fixtures, distressed finishes and antiqued mirrors juxtaposed with a modern, open kitchen.
Detroit, Michigan
“No Substitutions!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our waitress was pleasant. The only issue that we had was that you couldn't subsitute anything. For example: I got the fried seafood platter it came with fried shrimp, crabcake and fish of the day. The fine print read as 'salmon, haddock, or flounder'. I asked the waitress for salmon. She said tonight " it is flounder, no subtsitutions, it slows down the kitchen". My father in law got the boiled seafood platter, he ask for fried oysters with it. Of course the response from our waitress was 'no substitutions'. My mother in law got the crab salad, there was flakes of crab meat not very much at all. My husband got the pork chop, it was terrible. Our children were happy with their cheese pizzas. I was disappointed very little effort to make us happy was made on the behalf of our waitress. The food was good, pricey considering we could NOT change or alter any of our selections. Just keep in mind when ordering - you get whats on the menu...no substitutions!

• Korean first
Brick, New Jersey
“OK, pricey for the food quantity”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went on a Saturday afternoon. Had an hour wait and they sit us outside in 95 degree weather. We were too hungry to wait longer for an indoor table. Service was the best part. Waiter was on top of us and got us everything we wanted. All entrees were about $30 for 2 small crabcakes. The broiled seafood platter gives you an even samller crabcake (just alight), 2 small pieces of fish, and 2 shrimp and 2 scallops. I was expecting to take some home as I am not a big eater, but was able to eat the whole thing. 5 people no booze=$200 for lunch! and one was a child who had a cheeseburger from the kids menu. Should of ate at Fell's Point. Had my first raw oyster which I did like however.

Holt, Michigan
“Great outdoor seating”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After being inside all day for work, we were glad to sit outside, despite the heat. The service was great, the people watching was fun, and the conversation was nice. The food? Excellent! We dined with a world traveler and he much enjoyed the oysters and the broiled softshell crab. The rest of us had the mini crab cakes (better price per crab than the entree or the larger appetizer option) and all of us liked it. The salads were large and the sauteed spinach was very tasty. For drinks, I recommend the house-made sangria. It was refreshing on a very hot day.

Bucks County - PA
“Not impressed”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and daughter went here after a day touring the inner harbor. We were not impressed - the food was over priced for the quality. Not good taste for $30 entrees - the local Italian places by me make better calamari. I knew from reading the reviews we should have stayed away, but our daughter was hungry and this was easy.

Just very bland and expensive - we wouldn't recommend this place, nor return.

Visited June 2013
OH
“Good, but pricey.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I started with the crab cakes, which were absolutely delicious. We also enjoyed the bucket of seafood and steak (which we all shared). Nice place, but a tad pricey.

Visited June 2013