“Perfect for Romantic Dinner”

The Corner Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #158 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went to this hidden gem based on the TA rating and couldn't have been happier. It's called a "Bistro & Wine Bar" so I wasn't expecting it to be the size of a standard or typical restaurant. It's a small intimate Bistro with great food, wine, and excellent service.

1  Thank Brivaeh9807

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good crab cakes and the caesar dressing was excellent. Friendly waiter on a very quiet January night.

1  Thank isbergglenn2016
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My sig other and I ate here a couple of months ago, and we were extremely dissapointed. The restaurant itself is small and cramped. We were seated at a table that was almost on top of the table next to us, and right in front of the kitchen. The menu only offers a few soups, salads, and sandwiches with sides like fries. There's a bar menu with typical pub far like wings and sliders. I have lived in Baltimore for a long time, and you can find similar (and less expensive) offerings at most pubs. The "wine list" was laughable and downrigh insulting - they wanted $7 for a glass of Bella Sera pinot grigio or Five Oaks Chardonnay? I can buy a bottle of either for less at the nearest wine store (not that I would want to intentionally purchase either). Furthermore, for an establishment that bills itself as a "wine bar," with options such as $38 for a bottle of Kendall Jackson and $32 for a bottle of Fetzer, it is difficult to believe that this place is legitimate, or that the owner knows anything about wine.

Our waitress knew nothing about the food or wine. We had asked for suggestions but she wasn't able to give us recommendations because she was "new to waitressing." I had the Chefley and he had the Philly - the food was alright, certainly nothing good enough to warrant a #1 rating. We split a glass of rather bland Syrah. We left this dining experience incredibly disappointed. I was absolutely shocked at the positive reviews of this place. The owner must have talked their friends into writing these shining reviews. If you're looking for much better food and ambiance at a reasonable price and a better drink selection, try Metropolitan, the Rowhouse Grille, SoBo Cafe, The Hill, or any of the nearby Federal Hill restaurants.

1  Thank LDub629
Reviewed January 2, 2013

While staying at Rachael's Dowry B&B, we asked Tish, our Innkeeper, for a local place to grab a bowl of soup after the Raven's game. She suggested the Corner Bistro - walking distance from the Inn in the Ridgely's Delight neighborhood. It is the kind of place where the owner greets everyone by name as they come in - and he soon knew our story as well. There were only a few diners on this late Sunday evening, scattered throughout the place, and everyone conversed easily with everyone else.
My desire for soup was filled by a woderful bowl of corn chowder. My husband chose "The Vegepoleon" - a vegetable Napoleon - both were outstanding.
Since returning home to Pennsylvania - we have recomended the Corner Bistro to many of our friends in Baltimore. We hope to return again on our next trip to Baltimore.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went into the Corner Bistro with very high expectations from all these great reviews and was not disappointed. We sat at the bar and I was very impressed with the level of service. The management and staff were very attentive and friendly, and they were very knowledgable about their food, wine and city. The shrimp scampi appetizer was very buttery, but delicious. My boyfriend and I split a crab cake entree, one of the daily specials. It was fantastic.

The food & wine were great, but the service really made our trip. Everyone was warm and welcoming and it truly impacted my visit. I'll make a point to go back on future trips.