“Glass Blowing a must!”

McFadden Art Glass
Ranked #1 of 65 Shopping in Baltimore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We are a custom glassblowing studio. We make unique creations for clients as well as offer beginners the chance to create their own glass piece. You can come as an individual or as a group. Please call us today to set up an appointment and experience the beauty of molten glass.
Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Glass Blowing a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had a wondful experience glass blowing - the staff is awesome and very knowledgable of the craft. They get you statrted - yet the creating is aspect is all you. Would definitly do it again and again.

Visited May 2014

Lake Placid, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Date night Fridays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This was a great experience! My boyfriend and I took a bottle of wine and some snacks. Hung out and watched Tim do a few great demonstrations then we got to make our own Christmas ornaments. Tim took time to work with each person individually! It started at seven and I suggest getting there early or at 7. There is always a big turn out and it's first come first serve. Very relaxed environment. You will be working in a garage like studio so dress accordingly for the weather. The ovens generate a lot of heat but it is still a little chilly in the winter. I plan on going back with a group of friends for a Friday night get together! I highly suggest giving McFadden's a try!

2 Thank Rhagmay1
Pasadena, Maryland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“This IS the place for an Art Glass Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Having visited another studio this month, (because McFadden was completely booked), I can't wait to return to McFadden!

In comparison to another local facility, McFadden far out weighs in terms of experiences, quality, and knowledge. The owners of McFadden are amazingly generous with their time. From our visit to McFadden, we have beautiful ornaments that WE made. Each step of the process is hands-on, with each action explained perfectly so you know why the bar spins, why the trip back to the kiln, how the color is absorbed by the glass, etc.

Go to McFadden, you will NOT be disappointed!

Visited January 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great, different activity. Definitely recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I was in a group of 6 glass blowing amateurs and we all loved it. Tim and Rose, the owners, are fantastic instructors, just like other reviewers have noted. They are patient and helpful to each visitor, and you can make some really cool pieces! Like we were told, if you can follow basic instructions, you can do this. I would recommend this to anyone! A very cool and unique experience.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Girl Scout Activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was there with my older daughter's GS troop and it was so much fun that I toop my own troop there too. Most of the girls are 12-14 years old but a few younger siblings (9 years old) and an a few adults made projects. Everyone was surprised at how beautiful their creations came out. They didn't look like beginner efforts at all and the girls enjoyed getting to do most of the work themselves. Well worth the cost.

Words to the wise though, there really isn't much nearby and a large group will take a while so plan accordingly. I brought snacks but preparing ideas to keep the girls busy would've been good. There is only so much watching before you get a little tired. It was also super hot so cold drinks are good.

Visited June 2013