“This IS the place for an Art Glass Experience!”
Review of McFadden Art Glass

McFadden Art Glass
Ranked #3 of 66 Shopping in Baltimore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We are a custom glassblowing studio. We make unique creations for clients as well as offer beginners the chance to create their own glass piece. You can come as an individual or as a group. Please call us today to set up an appointment and experience the beauty of molten glass.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Having visited another studio this month, (because McFadden was completely booked), I can't wait to return to McFadden!

In comparison to another local facility, McFadden far out weighs in terms of experiences, quality, and knowledge. The owners of McFadden are amazingly generous with their time. From our visit to McFadden, we have beautiful ornaments that WE made. Each step of the process is hands-on, with each action explained perfectly so you know why the bar spins, why the trip back to the kiln, how the color is absorbed by the glass, etc.

Go to McFadden, you will NOT be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for McFadden Art Glass

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I was in a group of 6 glass blowing amateurs and we all loved it. Tim and Rose, the owners, are fantastic instructors, just like other reviewers have noted. They are patient and helpful to each visitor, and you can make some really cool pieces! Like we were told, if you can follow basic instructions, you can do this. I would recommend this to anyone! A very cool and unique experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was there with my older daughter's GS troop and it was so much fun that I toop my own troop there too. Most of the girls are 12-14 years old but a few younger siblings (9 years old) and an a few adults made projects. Everyone was surprised at how beautiful their creations came out. They didn't look like beginner efforts at all and the girls enjoyed getting to do most of the work themselves. Well worth the cost.

Words to the wise though, there really isn't much nearby and a large group will take a while so plan accordingly. I brought snacks but preparing ideas to keep the girls busy would've been good. There is only so much watching before you get a little tired. It was also super hot so cold drinks are good.

2  Thank Hillary R
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family (six non-artistic adults aged 30 and up) had a blast blowing glass pieces at McFadden Art Glass. As other reviewers commented, Tim is an excellent teacher. He's a very talented artist -- check out his gallery for some beautiful works. I'm sure we'll be talking about how much fun we had for many vacations to come. A couple of logistic notes. Since there were six of us, we made reservations well in advance. Also, most glass pieces need to cool slowly in a hot oven for ~ 24 hours. So make sure that you have the flexibility to return the next day or make something simple like an icicle or necklace pendant.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I attended date night on Friday night and it was a great evening. You can bring beer or wine and watch Tim blow some awesome glass pieces. After a few pieces the interactive portion begins and you can make your own pieces with his assistance. He is an awesome teacher with the patience of a saint. Most pieces have to stay overnight so they cool down at a controlled temp, but you get quite a neat selection of pieces to make. My beau and I made stemless wine glasses, but you can also make pumpkins, ornaments, bowls, and drinking glasses. Would definitely recommend for a fun date night.

1  Thank TristanA5