“Starting to wonder if any restaurant within a hotel is worth going to.”

Alizee Boutique Bistro and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Alizee Boutique Bistro and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #506 of 2,105 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Charles Street
Description: Located in the Doubletree Inn at the Colonnade.
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had seen some middling reviews about the restaurant and hoped that maybe some folks were difficult to please. Unfortunately, my experience wasn't any better. Alizee is located within the Colonnade, near John Hopkins. Inside, the restaurant looks like enough..maybe the lighting a little too dim, but it provides an intimate setting, something appropriate for date night. The room was pretty empty when we were there, so maybe that was a sign of things to come.

Service was fine, no complaints there. Most of my complaints had to do with the food and the pricing associated with said food. First up, appetizers. I tried the soup. It was pretty good, but nothing mindblowing. I also had some shrimp cocktail. Ordered 8, only received 5. Great. I didn't bother to correct since there was still plenty of food coming, but was charged for 8 on the bill.

Entrees. Wife had a grilled chicken salad that was skimpy on the chicken and in my opinion was very overpriced. I tried the veal with the fingerling potatoes and the asparagus. I can say that my entree was the best part of the meal.

Dessert. We ordered a chocolate cake and a lemon tart. Dessert was just okay. For the price I paid, I expected much better, or at least much bigger than the portion we served.

For a vacation, I was sorry to say that we went there. There are better dining options within the city, and we will explore them if we visit in the future.

1  Thank Aspiring_Critic

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Went to Alizee because of a gift voucher, and was much better than expected. It is located in a hotel lobby, but once you enter you forget you are in a hotel. We were seated right away and drink order taken. There were about 5 other tables besides us and only one waiter, we did have to wait a bit for our order to be taken but it was fine since we were in no rush. My boyfriend ordered the Rib-eye and myself the bistro cut, both were cooked exactly as ordered. Service was good, waiter and other staff made sure we had everything we needed. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank denvb143