“REALLY why even write a review”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

YOU have to say this is the best of the best in Baltimore. A location. GREAT bar on a Friday and Saturday night. Food is good. What makes a Four Seasons is the service .. you just cant get any better that this.
Jerry Ehrlich from the GREAT City of Philadelphia

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry E
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Baltimore

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed two nights to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary and we were really impressed and pleased. We had reserved a Bed and Breakfast package with a partial waterfront view (because of the price). However when we checked in, I joked that we wanted to see how the 1% lives and Kelly at the front desk upgraded us to a direct waterfront view at no charge since it was the middle of the week and they had extra rooms. Really a beautiful hotel and certainly the most impressive that I have ever stayed at, I thought it was much more luxurious than any of the Ritz Carltons that I have stayed in. The service was phenomenal, everyone went out of their way to make our visit as pleasant as possible. In addition, the two breakfasts which we had their were exceptionally well done, the portions were larger than expected and cooked perfectly. Everything was just so fresh and tasty and and the wait staff was simply too accommodating. Think I need to start buying lottery tickets so maybe I can get lucky and afford to go there more often!!
My inly complaint is that my pillows were too soft but that is just a personal preference and I suspect that if asked, they would have found firmer pillows

Room Tip: Get the full water view and stay in a higher floor, the view is worth it!
2  Thank nyasgrandpa
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I only got to enjoy the hotel for one night but that one night was sufficient to leave a lasting memory. What can I say? Large opulent rooms that are decorated tastefully. A large comfortable bed that you just sink into after a long hard day of work - I loved it!!!! The service team know exactly who their customers are - they actually look after you. Brilliant experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel sparkles inside and out. The art is amazing. The decor exceptional, the staff top of the line, the views of the inner harbor magnificent, the spa and gym top of the line and the quality of finishes all quite memorable and the makings of a great stay. My wife said that if we go back to Baltimore, and we likely will, it MUST be at the Four Seasons. She is 100% correct in her assessment.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Inner Harbor. It is quite scenic.
1  Thank RicoAvocado
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our only regret is we only stayed one night. Great location and property. The service was off the charts. For example i asked an employee for directions to Fleming's ...HE WALKED US OUTSIDE, AROUND THE CORNER ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT DOOR. Casual place downstairs great for breakfast. Fun bar. We will be back!

Room Tip: great views are available
1  Thank dawson0802
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was interesting, as I felt it was a hybrid property that could not decide between its identity as a 5-star hotel versus a trendy "boutique" hotel. On the 5-star side is the immaculate, very contemporary and comfortable room, good quality housekeeping, beautiful spa and exercise area, and excellent service from the front desk, concierge and belldesk. On the "boutique" side is the restaurant, lobby and swimming pool experience. Having experienced both types of hotels in a number of large US cities, I contrast the two by perceiving that the 5-star hotel puts the comfort and convenience of its guests first, whereas the boutique hotel (the trendy kind, anyway) puts visitors spending money on alcohol, food and private events first. At this Four Seasons we were told we could not have a late lunch/early dinner to accomodate our flight departure time (the Japanese restaurant was closed all day and the "tavern" did not serve food before 6 pm); we were unable to have a quiet nightcap anywhere in the hotel, as the "tavern" and entire lobby were overrun with intoxicated young people and a nightclub environment; not only the pool but the entire waterfront balcony pool deck was closed to guests ("it's not the season, we only open it for private parties this time of year"). When I stayed at the Hudson in New York I came expecting this kind of thing but it wasn't what I've experienced in other Four Seasons. However, the area is convenient to both downtown/inner harbour and the charming historic Fells Point area, with excellent restaurants nearby (don't miss Charleston!), albeit the local environs are a bit sterile. Would I stay again? For this price I might look for a quieter, more friendly hotel experience. I hope the Four Seasons will eventually re-evaluate its primary commitment to its actual guests rather than competing for "bright young things" who really just want to use the venue as party central (it may be shortsighted to focus on them anyway, as they will quickly get bored and move on to the next "new thing").

Room Tip: Harbour view is a nice perk but be aware you don't actually see the inner harbour, rather a dire...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank cantravnut
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I really enjoyed this Four Seasons.... Lovely room with a beautiful view. I really appreciated the gym and spa after work and then dinner at one of the best restaurants in town without having to leave the hotel! I will definitely return on my next business trip to Baltimore.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business