“My favorite staycation hotel”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I love this hotel. This is my "go to" hotel for my birthday, anniversary and end of the school year treat for myself. Service has always been outstanding and any issue that I have presented to the staff has always been rectified. I really like that the rooms are not all presented as doors on one large hallway; they are actually set off the hallway and are very private. I always opt for a room without the balcony, because instead of a balcony the room has a sofa, table and chair. The bed is really comfortable and I like that the room includes a DVD player. I adore the huge bathroom with the rain shower, separate tub and TV in the mirror. The gym is really nice and modern and the infinity pool is beautiful with warm water. The best time to swim is in the morning, because it can get rather crowded otherwise. The upper deck of the pool area has amazing views of the harbor. Wit and Wisdom had a great breakfast. I ordered off the menu because I was not very impressed with the buffet. The spa if beautiful and not to be missed. The location is fantastic. Within the circle that the hotel is located is an Anthropologie, Roys Hawaiian Fusion, movie theater and Ben & Jerrys.About a 10 minute walk from the hotel is Miss Shirleys (great breakfast) and the Reginald Lewis museum (wonderful exhibits and great lunch).

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are a bit small. Select a room without a balcony and it includes a sofa, table and cha...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was very nice, but there was a lot of different communication issues at the hotel. Housekeeping took a laundry bag from our room with clothes in it and took it upon themselves to have them laundered. I did not fill out a laundry ticket. I was using the laundry bag as a dirty clothes bag. They did return the clothes at no charge. Instructions were given to the front desk of the type of housekeeping service that we wanted. It must not have been communicated properly. This happened twice during our 3 night stay. Jeff, the Front Office Manager was very nice and did his best to take care of the problems. When you pay over $400 per night, you have very high expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Planned a staycation/spa trip for friends birthday. Booked several spa treatments as well as room for the weekend. I didn't want to go home; which is right down the street. The spa was one of the best I have ever experienced. The pool was also still open which offers panoramic views of Baltimore. As I expected with the Four Seasons, every door was opened for you and lots of recalling of my name. Things that put them above and beyond other hotels. Great location, great service, and great views. It has really changed the landscape of Baltimore for the better since the addition of the Four Seasons. I will be back to the spa, specifically the heat experience room this winter.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This 1 1/2 year old SPA is beautifully designed with large treatment rooms, changing rooms, bathrooms and a magnificent water room with steam rooms and very large whirlpool. There is even a relaxing room with large glass windows facing a beautiful Baltimore view. Treatment professionals are well trained. Reserve now for bridal parties, special events, and mother daughter bonding time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Wife came down with food poisoning after having dinner at WitnWisdom. Rushed her to hospital six hours later. No reimbursement offered for the ER visit however they did offer us a free night to come back. Not sure we want to return to this place!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Bob201321030
FSBaltimore, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unpleasant experience that you had during your previous stay with us. We are sorry that your wife fell ill while you were here and you had to depart early.

We would love to have you join us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide a true Four Seasons experience for you.

Regards,
Vaughn Allen
Public Relations

Reviewed September 4, 2013

You can't beat the location. The hotel is situated right on the harbor with incredible views. The service is excellent as usual. The bar and patio were hopping but we still managed to have a quiet dinner on the patio. The food was delicious. We made our meal from just appetizers. Of course no one has better beds or pillows!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I loved this hotel. i was staying in town for an annual industry conference and the main hotel for the conference (the Marriott next door) was full. But the Four Seasons provided an excellent alternative place to stay for many conference attendees, and at reasonable cost. The bed was comfortable and the room was very spacious. The hotel feels new, and well-maintained. The gym overlooking the water was very nice, but I wish the pool had been open.

The one glaring drawback was that when the conference ended, there were not enough taxis because the hotel had not alerted taxi companies to send their taxis to this hotel. Nevertheless, I look forward to staying here again for the same conference next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business