“Best hotel in Baltimore”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Lovely hotel, but it is the service we loved most. We bring our two small children and stay here about 4x a year. A wonderful, family friendly experience. Special robes and slippers for the kids, pool is family friendly, manager brought up DVDs for the kids to watch on a rainy afternoon. Coffee is wonderful and meals are perfect. Staff is charming and gracious.Spa is Amazing. Well worth it, particularly when traveling with family.

• Stayed: May 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I came to the hotel to celebrate July 4 weekend. This hotel is five star in every way. It truly has everything. We love the fact that it is brand new and state of the art. Saying all that what truly blew us a way was the high level of service. Each employee goes way beyond the distance to please. The bellman greeted us and made it a point to learn my name. The bellman noticed that a shopping bag of mine had a rip and immediately went and got me a new one. The rooms are truly state of the art and the bedding was so comfortable that it was like quick acting anesthesia from the time I hit the pillow. This hotel is unique in that though a city hotel, it has a beautiful infinity pool with excellent poolside service. Staff cleaned my sunglasses and passed amenities such as teas and even sprayed me and my husband with cool Evian water. The spa is state of the art with a jacuzzi that has lounge chairs in it. We attended the 4th of July celebration and chefs were everywhere preparing delicious festive dishes and making sure each guest was happy. The manage of Wit and Wisdom is a true professional. Mr. Callahan made it a point of meeting each guest and did everything he could to give each guest a five star experience.Not only are the restaurants in the hotel great but with a very short walk we were surrounded by many restaurant options. My hat goes off to the managers of this Four Seasons. Though all Four Seasons Hotels are known for excellence, I cannot believe what a five star group of professionals who are dedicated to make each guest happy have been acquired. P.S. Dont miss Lamill for coffee and light breakfast. The coffee is amazing only exceeded by the enthusiasm of the staff that serve all of the delicous options.Look for Elissa in this area. She will warm what needs to be warmed and her suggestions are always correct on what is delicious. A tip-Justin is one of the managers in the Wit and Wisdom area and will do anything for a guest to make the experience special. This hotel has made Baltimore a special attraction for conventions or a little respid from a busy life. Cant wait to return!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Really enjoyed my first visit to this hotel. The greeting was warm. The hotel is still rather new which helps eye appeal. I have heard mixed reviews on the restaurant. Transportation can be difficult especially if you are headedto the airport between 4 and 6p. Traffic is jammed and can add 30 minutes or more to the trip. The hotel cars are also on the expensive side versus other hotels that use black car sedans in baltimore. On balance, will definitely return.

Room Tip: Harbor view, of course
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed two nights in June for a conference. I fully experienced the property - ate at the coffee shop and restaurant, drank at the bar, worked out at the gym / spa, etc. The woman at the coffee shop made the most beautiful cappuccino, with a neat design in the top. The shower has two shower heads - one in the wall, and another on the ceiling. The ceiling shower head is like standing under a waterfall.

Great property, beautiful harbor views, wonderful ammenities, and top-notch rooms. The staff always greeted me by name when I came and went! Too bad it's in Baltimore, and not somewhere, you know, you'd want to visit for leisure.

My only complaint is with the TV. The TV didn't have a sleep timer. I fell asleep watching basketball, and the TV was still on when I woke up in the middle of the night. Also, they don't have CNBC in HD on the TVs in the room, just in low-D, which looks horrible on the beautiful flat HDTVs in the rooms.

Room Tip: Go for a harbor view - worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this property to do a special trip for a young child (under 5). I have stayed at several Four Seasons and found this one to be in the middle of the pack -- not the best but not the worst either.

Pros:

-- Even a basic room was very spacious, very clean and beautiful. I had a nice partial view of the harbor.
-- The pool was also gorgeous with a beautiful view -- the hotel pictures do not lie. The pool was also very kid friendly -- not deep and had a "bench" that runs around the perimeter. The weather was rainy but still the pool was heated and comfortable. The hot-tub was also very nice.
-- The service was also great with a couple of miscellaneous exceptions.
-- The location was very pleasant -- very safe at night. A very quick walk to starbucks, whole foods, and both nice restaurants and affordable restaurants. The movie theater nearby was a plus.
-- Right next to a water taxi stop, which was great if you happened to be there when the water taxi was arriving. There was also a regular taxi stand nearby.

Cons:

-- Not super convenient to the inner harbor activities -- a healthy walk (especially with a kid in tow).
-- Although most of the staff was superb, but there were a few exceptions, such as a very inattentive pool attendant who looked shocked when I asked for a towel and didn't ever offer to set up a chair for us (as all of the other pool attendants had done for us). Not something I would normally care about, but at the prices they are charging, I should not have noticed this.
-- I also echo many of the comments by a previous reviewer: (1) smoky smell in the lobby from the restaurant; (2) rooms are very exposed to the adjacent office building, so you have to close the curtains; (3) Strangely stingy with the washcloths (I got only one the first day, and none after that); (4) charging for wi-fi seems ridiculous nowadays when you can get great free wifi at your average roadside motel.
-- The breakfast at Lamill Coffee (part of my packaged rate) had very limited breakfast options (although the coffee was very good).

I had a nice time and I chose the hotel primarily for the nice room and the pool, both of which met my expectations so on that front I had no regrets. But I feel like I paid too much for what I got. If the rate were $50-75 less, I would easily stay there again. But I would not pay the same rate again. I could have stayed at the Royal Sonesta or other perfectly nice hotels in the area for about $200/night. Was the Four Seasons better that those hotels? of course. Was it $150+/night better? Not so sure about that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AnonymousDC_900
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here to attend a friend's wedding. A bunch of our friends attended and some of us stayed at the Four Seasons and some stayed at the Marriott next door so we saw several rooms in both hotels as we visited each other.

Check-in was smooth and the front desk was helpful.

We finished all the water provided in the mini-bar so we called room service to bring up water. It took them around 30 minutes for 2 bottles of water. They brought a different kind of water and asked if that was ok b/c they were out of the other kind. I was thirsty and I really didn't care what type of water. It's not like I specified a type of water when I ordered water.

I also asked for some toiletries b/c they didn't provide a razor/toothbrush. That took 20min or so for housekeeping to arrive with toothbrush and razor. If they are going to take 20 minutes, just provide these simple amenities to begin with.

Service was average, nothing special. The front desk people were helpful, but the housekeeping service was just so slow I can't say it was a pleasant stay.

The restaurant for breakfast was good. We could order anything from the breakfast menu as we got a room which included breakfast for two.

Dinner at the same restaurant was poor. Everything was very salty or too greasy and different servers came over 3 times to ask how everything was. I was tired from my travels and didn't feel like complaining so I didn't say anything, but it would've been nicer if they asked me once, not three times. Good cocktails, but eat somewhere else.

Not much value, stay at the Marriott next door for value. At least there was value there!

Room Tip: The view of the harbor was nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a sophisticated hotel; the decorations are beautiful and every staff person we encountered were cheerful and helpful beyond what you could ever expect. The pool is fabulous and it comes with an outstanding view. I would rate this hotel 4.5 overall if that was possible. But there are a few things you should be aware of before you book. First and foremost is the 'view' into and out of some of the rooms. You see, there is an office building right next to the hotel and not only can guests see directly into the office suites--they can see right into your room. You can get around this by closing the drapes but that could be a less than perfect solution for some. So the recommendation here is to book a room on another side of the hotel. Other items to consider--there is a daily fee for the Internet (seems that should be included in your rate at a luxury hotel); and there were only two towels in the room--one day we received only one wash cloth. There is a restaurant in the hotel called Wit & Wisdom--it's wonderful and is highly recommended; but, you can smell the grill the second you walk into the hotel lobby. It was nice at first but became overwhelming by our second day. Regardless, the hotel is wonderful and these comments are not meant to deter you from staying there--only to educate you so you can best prepare.

• Stayed: June 2013