“Lovely hotel, great location. Friendly staff and wonderful experience”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
ny
“Lovely hotel, great location. Friendly staff and wonderful experience”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great spa getaway. Wonderful room and breakfast. Dinner was terrific at the Wit and Wisdom. I would highly recommend this lovely hotel in a fabulous area of Baltimore Harbor. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and informative. It fit our bill. I would highly recommend this new hotel to the area. Also catch a good show at the Comedy Club nearby. Laughter is the best medicine.

Room Tip: Higher Floor and view of harbor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I visited toward during the holiday period. The hotel is so lovely but being there during the holidays is really special. This was my second visit to the hotel. Everything great that you read in the reviews is true. The problem is that the Spa needs some work on its operations. The first time I had booked back to back facial and massage and was disappointed that both had ended a few minutes short of the time designated in the Spa menu. Since they were performed by difffernt therapists, I wondered if this was done out of concern to have me ready for the other person (regardless, the 2nd one shouldn't have ended early). I should have mentioned it on my way out but just let it go. This time, it was necessary for me to call a few of times in advance of my appointment: First, I was seeking some guidance about treatments and to learn more about the products. When someone is contemplating spending upwards of $200 it is understandable that they expect the place to be able to provide answers about their services. This woman really didn't know much other than to read me exactly what I could see online. I figured since it was 7pm perhaps their daytime staff was better trained. The next day a man assisted me who indeed really knew the offerings and was able to make great suggestions: a regular facial with a lift and firm eye treatment added on. Not long after I booked the appointment, I discovered that I needed to switch my appointment time due to a conflicting event. This time I spoke with a woman who offered me two prospective times. I inquired whether both times she offered would afford me both both treatments, as I didn't want to be rushed, she answered, Well, the first time the therapist has just 50 minutes available but the she knows how to fit everything in. I chose the 2nd because I wanted the full extent of both of the treatments I was paying for. On the day of my appointment I arrived early as they suggested so that I could enjoy the steam room and whirlpools -- they are wonderful. My therapist met me in the waiting room a few moments late -- everyone else had been picked up for their appointments. The treatments were very nice and went too quickly. When I returned to my locker I was surprised to note that she had finished about fifteen minutes early. In other words, she had "worked in" the mini treatment in the time period of just the single treatment. While it was true that she had performed the additional treatment I left very annoyed that I had paid for an "add-on" that was "squeezed in". Also, every time I've received facials in other spas, the therapist is waits outside the treatment room afterward to offer me a glass of water, encouraging me to re-hydrate and to drink as much water as I could the rest of the day. This therapist didn't even mention that I should. I've been to many luxury spas and have not had this experience anywhere else. The staff would do well to visit other luxury spas and learn about the small details that bring clients back again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank June A
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was here three nights for business and what a great place to hold our conference. My room was on a high floor and it was beautiful. I especially enjoyed not closing the curtains while i went to bed. I also utilzed the fitness room treadmills every evening and what a great amenity with no waiting. It was hard to leave.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oxford, Maryland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed a weekend at the Four Seasons Baltimore complete with massage and manicure appointments as well as dinner in their restaurant. Everything was superb from start to finish. The spa is comparable to the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan -- for half the price. The staff is attentive and helpful and the rooms and view incredible. Truly a great find.

2 Thank brady1245
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom suite recently...a surprise from my husband for my birthday. The room was AMAZING. LOVED IT!! Very spacious, nice decor, and comfortable amenities. Our room was a corner room so the views were amazing. There's nothing like watching TV while taking a bath. We had some wine that we wanted to chill with no room in the minibar. The hotel sent us an empty mini fridge to use for our stay. I love Four Seasons and the Baltimore location is no different. We also ate dinner at Wit & Wisdom. The food was good and the atmosphere/view are nice as well. There are plenty of other restaurants within walking distance (Oceanaire, Roy's, Fleming's, etc.) and cute local shops or national chains.

I visited their spa once last year as well and would also recommend.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were so sad to leave the Four Seasons Baltimore.
Nothing negative to say about this place.
Parking is across the street.
The view from our balcony was exceptional.
We had brunch at the hotel ... best I've had in a while.
Everything in the room worked great.
Bathroom was huge, beautiful ... shower ... everything was simply perfect and then a little bit more.
One can spend all day in the vicinity of the hotel. There are shops, restaurants, bars, museums etc.
We will definitely return, and we plan on staying much longer.

1 Thank Veronesa
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked a room for my birthday weekend this past December. When my boyfriend and I got there, we were blown away by the room, the service, and the hotel in general. Parking is really close and there are a ton of things to do in every direction. The staff greeted us courteously every time we left and came back to the hotel and made sure that everything was going well. We asked for a mini fridge up in our room and one was delivered 5 minutes later! The concierge was very helpful in directing us around town - all in all, the hospitality was the best I've ever experienced. The room was spacious, well designed, and the floor to ceiling windows made for a fantastic view. All in all, if you're looking for a hotel in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, stay here - it was an amazing experience and I'm ready to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple