“modern luxury in a great location”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Modern, streamlined look in the rooms. Great bed (very firm). TV in the bathroom mirror. Spacious bathroom. Beautiful infinitiy pool and very nice fitness center, both with view of the harbor. Quiet hotel--every room's door is in an alcove off the main hall. We did have noise from outside because of some kind of carnival in Fells Point on Saturday, but it stopped at 10:30
Good security--room key needed to take elevator above public floors.
Two very minor issues: no ice available for self service, must call hotel to bring; balcony off of a king room had only one chair (I'm sure I could have gotten a second chair if I'd asked, but wish they'd just have 2 available. Here at a conference rate, so value was extremely good.
Service--front desk and concierge--was outstanding

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked this hotel because the other hotels in the Inner Harbour area were already booked for a Saturday night in September. We will now always stay at this hotel. The pool is amazing on the 4th floor that over looks the harbour. The guys that work the area at the pool were so nice. They were handing out the floaty swim noodles to the smaller kids that were there. You can buy food and drinks in the area and the pool doesn't look deep but it is. You can then go up the steps to another area where the hot tub and the small 3 inch pool is located. I felt like I was at a resort in the islands but over looking the city.
The room was very large with a pull out couch that my son slept on. They came and made up the couch into a bed at night. They also left us this amazing cookie dessert that looked like a lollipop on our coffee table.
What really fascinated my teenage son was the TV in the bathroom mirror. Very cool technology. The bathroom was very spacious and the tub/shower were also very nice.
You do have to valet park your car and we spent one night and it was $40 for the parking/valet.
The staff was exceptionally friendly and the location was great. Near the Inner Harbour and Fells Point. Hagan Daz and Starbucks a block away. Whole Foods about 2 to 3 blocks away. I ran over there for some muffins and orange juice in the morning.
I will stay here again as long as we can still afford this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Marine side was nice with a slight view of Inner Harbour and the water. Room was large with a pull o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a beautiful, new four seasons property in the newer harbor east section of Baltimore. The hotel is very modern, and has an amazing pool overlooking the harbor. Great shops and restaurants right outside your door! I have already planned another trip there, it's a great overnight getaway from Philadelphia.

Room Tip: book a room with harbor views on a high floor. The view is great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Complaints:

When we arrived on check in day, the room was not ready. The manager did buy us complimentary drinks at the bar.

My only other complaint was that espresso machine in the room that uses pods only had one remaining pod, and it was decaf. I called the front desk asking for caffeinated pods.. 10 minutes later they brought several decaf pods. Obviously not what I asked for.

The Good:
Great, trendy bar area (though it's expensive), very clean and modern rooms, TVs in the bathroom mirror, good location in Baltimore.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank CoriMacCallum
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend on the Johns Hopkins rate that was a great value. The hotel has a beautiful infinity pool, fitness center, and spa. Our only complaint was the lack of a rowing machine in the fitness center and more weight machines would be worthwhile as well. The staff here are not as accommodating as other Four Seasons Hotels we have stayed, but given the beauty and location of this new hotel I doubt any other hotel in the city can compare.

Room Tip: Our fifth floor partial water view room was comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife needed to have surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital so my intuition proved to be correct-recovery and family well being would be enhanced staying at the Four Seasons Baltimore. The hotel is new, state of the art and delivers service that is amazing. Baltimore is truly a medical Mecca but the Four Seasons Hotel truly is the hotel Mecca and star of Baltimore. The staff couldn't have been finer or more understanding and caring. They walked my wife into the hotel and saw that she was infirmed and helped to organize a quick check in. Room service brought exquisite tasting meals to the room and assisted in setting up the meals to make it easy for my wife to eat them. I was very stressed about my wife and the state of the art spa made me feel more relaxed and provide better support and care for her. I have never seen a jacuzzi with a lounge chair in it to relax. There is something to be said about taking a negative situation and making it positive. This experience was the ultimate of this proverb. My wife and I can't wait to return when she recovers and enjoy this hotel in a different way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tarbash
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I are fresh off our third visit to the new Four Seasons Hotel in the Harbor East section of Baltimore city. The crazy thing is that we live 20 minutes and I work five mintues away from the hotel. It has turned into a quarterly one night rejuvenation destination. To qualify, I neither work there, nor have a relative who works there, I simply think this is what a world class hotel should look, act and feel like.

Firstly, the hotel has only been open for nine months, so as one would expect everything in the public places is pristine. The main restaurant, Wit and Wisdom with it's open kitchen is comfortable and our experiences with the food and service have all been positive.

The Spa, where I now get regular massages is just amazing. Ask for Diane and a deep tissue massage and you too will be hooked. A really nice touch is that even if you have not booked a treatment in the spa, the hotel allows the use of it's spa facility and what is called the "Heat Experience." Check it out. It is incredibly relaxing.

The pool, pool bar and cafe - wow. The pool area consists of a two tiered oasis, highlighted by an immense infinity edged pool overlooking the Baltimore Harbor and all it's goings ons. Again, a truly unique experience in a big city.

The rooms - we have had three different grades of rooms, all extremely well equipped and beautifully appointed. I would recommend ones facing the pool or the inner harbor; the views from the floor to the ceiling windows are some of the best the city has to offer.

I could spend much more time describing the beautiful property in greater detail, but I wanted to save a minute for what I think really distinguishes this place, and that is the folks that work here.

It begins with the doormen who never let you open a door for yourself, continues to the reception area where they smile a lot and remember your name. At the pool they remember your name. At the spa they remember your name. These people seem to genuinely care about your relaxing and having a good time.

It seems to be a great combination of good hires and good training and I for one appreciate it. Yes, you will pay more to stay here, but the beauty and comfort of the hotel and the incredibly giving staff will make you glad you did. I can't wait for the fourth quarter.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple