“Room wasn't ready by 4pm on day of check-in”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
“Room wasn't ready by 4pm on day of check-in”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Complaints:

When we arrived on check in day, the room was not ready. The manager did buy us complimentary drinks at the bar.

My only other complaint was that espresso machine in the room that uses pods only had one remaining pod, and it was decaf. I called the front desk asking for caffeinated pods.. 10 minutes later they brought several decaf pods. Obviously not what I asked for.

The Good:
Great, trendy bar area (though it's expensive), very clean and modern rooms, TVs in the bathroom mirror, good location in Baltimore.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank CoriMacCallum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend on the Johns Hopkins rate that was a great value. The hotel has a beautiful infinity pool, fitness center, and spa. Our only complaint was the lack of a rowing machine in the fitness center and more weight machines would be worthwhile as well. The staff here are not as accommodating as other Four Seasons Hotels we have stayed, but given the beauty and location of this new hotel I doubt any other hotel in the city can compare.

Room Tip: Our fifth floor partial water view room was comfortable and quiet.
washington dc
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife needed to have surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital so my intuition proved to be correct-recovery and family well being would be enhanced staying at the Four Seasons Baltimore. The hotel is new, state of the art and delivers service that is amazing. Baltimore is truly a medical Mecca but the Four Seasons Hotel truly is the hotel Mecca and star of Baltimore. The staff couldn't have been finer or more understanding and caring. They walked my wife into the hotel and saw that she was infirmed and helped to organize a quick check in. Room service brought exquisite tasting meals to the room and assisted in setting up the meals to make it easy for my wife to eat them. I was very stressed about my wife and the state of the art spa made me feel more relaxed and provide better support and care for her. I have never seen a jacuzzi with a lounge chair in it to relax. There is something to be said about taking a negative situation and making it positive. This experience was the ultimate of this proverb. My wife and I can't wait to return when she recovers and enjoy this hotel in a different way.

1 Thank tarbash
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I are fresh off our third visit to the new Four Seasons Hotel in the Harbor East section of Baltimore city. The crazy thing is that we live 20 minutes and I work five mintues away from the hotel. It has turned into a quarterly one night rejuvenation destination. To qualify, I neither work there, nor have a relative who works there, I simply think this is what a world class hotel should look, act and feel like.

Firstly, the hotel has only been open for nine months, so as one would expect everything in the public places is pristine. The main restaurant, Wit and Wisdom with it's open kitchen is comfortable and our experiences with the food and service have all been positive.

The Spa, where I now get regular massages is just amazing. Ask for Diane and a deep tissue massage and you too will be hooked. A really nice touch is that even if you have not booked a treatment in the spa, the hotel allows the use of it's spa facility and what is called the "Heat Experience." Check it out. It is incredibly relaxing.

The pool, pool bar and cafe - wow. The pool area consists of a two tiered oasis, highlighted by an immense infinity edged pool overlooking the Baltimore Harbor and all it's goings ons. Again, a truly unique experience in a big city.

The rooms - we have had three different grades of rooms, all extremely well equipped and beautifully appointed. I would recommend ones facing the pool or the inner harbor; the views from the floor to the ceiling windows are some of the best the city has to offer.

I could spend much more time describing the beautiful property in greater detail, but I wanted to save a minute for what I think really distinguishes this place, and that is the folks that work here.

It begins with the doormen who never let you open a door for yourself, continues to the reception area where they smile a lot and remember your name. At the pool they remember your name. At the spa they remember your name. These people seem to genuinely care about your relaxing and having a good time.

It seems to be a great combination of good hires and good training and I for one appreciate it. Yes, you will pay more to stay here, but the beauty and comfort of the hotel and the incredibly giving staff will make you glad you did. I can't wait for the fourth quarter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the FS for three nights for the Baltimore Grand Prix/Labor Day weekend. This hotel is in a tranquil location with great views of the harbor. The outdoor pool and bar on the fourth floor are a great place to enjoy a cocktail and the spectacular views. If that isn't enough, there is another deck just up the steps with additional lounge chairs and a reflecting pool. This is a new property - not even a year old. The service is fantastic --Everyone from the bellmen, front desk personnel, restaurant staff helped to make our stay a great experience. Dinner and brunch in Wit and Wisdom were both fabulous. The pastry chef here is a genius. Don't miss the dessert called "CCC" -- so good, we may go back just to enjoy it again.
If I was forced to nit pick -- they should provide bottled water. I've never stayed at a FS that didn't. Otherwise, our experience with spa, food, the room and the service was wonderful:) Would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The Asian restaurant on property is closed on Sundays. If you stay for a weekend, book it for Satur...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although Four Seasons Baltimore is in a city, it really has a resort feel, right from the moment you arrive. The hotel offers several different dining options, including a coffee cafe, sushi restaurant, Wit & Wisdom and a poolside grill. The sushi restaurant was closed while we were there but we did enjoy the other 3! In addition, the hotel has a beautiful spa and an outdoor swimming pool that we were able to enjoy.

Our guest room had a breathtaking view of the harbor with floor to ceiling windows - definitely worth upgrading!!!

My husband and I both enjoyed massages in the spa - we could have spent all day relaxing there if we wanted to! It felt more like a resort spa than a city spa.

We enjoyed dinner at Wit & Wisdom which had a rustic, cozy atmosphere and an eclectic menu with many options to choose from. I had the pork chop and it was one of the best I've ever had.

The only negative during our stay was the service - everyone was friendly but it was not the typical Four Seasons service that I would expect. We waited over 15 minutes to get our bill at the poolside grill, even though we were the only ones there. The attendants on the Front Drive also were not very attentive. There were several attendants working but no one opened the door, said hello or offered an umbrella when it was raining. We actually had to grab their attention just to ask for an umbrella and had to go to 2 guys before we were given one.

Overall the hotel is absolutely stunning and it was a perfect weekend getaway - we barely had any reason to leave the hotel! We will definitely return.

Room Tip: The harbor view is worth it!!
1 Thank Jessica B
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons the first week of August. We were upgraded to a spacious one bedroom suite with stunning views of the marina and the harbor. Service was stellar and everyone smiled and said hello and asked how your day was. They noticed that we brought a cooler, as we traveled a good distance, and asked if we wanted a fridge in our room. They supplied one at no additional charge. We ate at Wit and Wisdom the first nite and enjoyed the meal and service. Breakfast the next morning was good but the waiter disappeared for a long time and we had to ask another waiter for assistance. Te following morning was better with different waitstaff. We would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family