“New and little known but headed for all sorts of top hotel lists”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The property opened in the fall of 2011 and is little known yet but easily ranks among the best city hotels. All glass structure allows for floor to ceiling windows which means many rooms have wonderful unobstructed harbor views (and some of them have nicely furnished balconies too). Interior design and execution is done impeccably. A good deal of wood was used (hardwood floor in the entryway for example) which gives the rooms this asian design feel that you get in the best hotels in Singapore or Bangkok. Restaurants on property are excellent with gorgeous outdoor seating right on the harbor, at sunset beautiful people gather for a cocktail with a view, very pleasant. Conveniently located too, you can walk along a pretty waterfront promenade to Fells Point (old, very charming port neighborhood) in 15 minutes, and in the other direction to the Aquarium in 10 minutes, also a very pleasant walk. Water taxi stops right in front of the hotel and can take you around the harbor, including Fort McHenry. The hotel has very nice outdoor pools on higher floors and with harbor views. I was here on business but am thinking of coming again for a few weekend trips. This feels like a resort within a city - you can go sailing/fishing and the boat stops in front of the hotel, you can go for a swim in a nice pool, walk to old historic neighborhoods, eat well, what is not to like? And this is only an hour by train from DC and Philly, 2 hours from NY, neither of which have a similar property. My bet is they make it to the top of all sorts of CN Traveler, Travel & Leisure etc. lists very soon.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms with balconies
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Baltimore

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had to stay here on a business trip for 3 days and was very happy with my experience. The staff was very nice and the food in the restaurant was fantastic. During the football game on Sunday it got busy but I was able to relax in my room. A great stay and plenty of great things to do in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and I don't have any complaints things were just "off". Staff was plastic and fake polite, rather snooty for lack of a better description. It's seemingly gotten a little worse each time I go so I think I'm finding a new place when I stay in Baltimore.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Real_Deal1947
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Spent a few nights a the Four Seasons, Baltimore, MD with the family and we had a wonderful time. First the location is spectacular right off the harbor overlooking the bay, the hotel is state of the art in every way tecno and deco. The pool and spa was the ultimate experience for me and my family the pool is out doors and on a deck that looks out at the harbor and spa has and amazing healing pool, sana, and jacuzzi area with heated rock chairs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank benita s
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not really sure where the bad reviews are coming from. My husband and I stayed here Fri-Mon(July). We did not experience any loud noise at all. We were on the 14th floor with a marina view. The rooms were not facing the hallway(which was a smart design). We never heard anything going on outside the room. The hotel and service were absolutely amazing. We were supposed to leave Sun, but extended our stay because of the wonderful experience. This will definitely be our only choice any time we are in the Baltimore area. The food(in-room dining) was amazing! I am a chef and can be hard to please, but they did it. Absolutely EVERYONE (room service, housekeeping, front desk, concierge, bellman, etc) in the hotel provided impeccable service.

The room was nice and spacious. At one point, I went to ask the concierge a question and they were away for a moment. The manager(Sean) assisted me and was great. (Loved his accent!) I mentioned we were there for an early celebration of my birthday. Later that evening when we got back to the room, there was a dessert waiting for me with "Happy Birthday" written on it. It's the little things like this that I love. Great job, Sean!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My significant other decided to surprise me in March with a night at the Four Seasons in Baltimore. We have stayed at the four seasons overseas and even had family events there, but never to one in the US.

First off this hotel is like a mall, there are people walking around everywhere, which business wise good for them, but it's just plain too loud in general, not exactly a great retreat for couples.

Also we dined at Wit & Wisdom, their on location restaurant and it was average at best. The room was nice with the glass, but other than that it was your typical hotel room. Yes there is a tv in the mirror, which had absolutely no use whatsoever. There was nothing in the rooms that was a WOW or anything like that. For the amount we paid, I'd expect a four seasons experience similar to that of Four Seasons Paris or London, no such luck.

Honestly I think all the fuss about this hotel is brand recognition, which I'm sure has helped greatly. This is a great place if your a young kid with extra cash to spare. But for grown adults looking for a relaxing retreat and open spaces to relax, no such luck again.

I love Baltimore, but this hotel has none of that Charm City feel, it's just a corporate creation to try and imitate that feel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ahmed G
Vaughn A, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Good Afternoon Mr. G,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your stay with us here at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore. We are sorry to hear that your overall stay the hotel was not what you were expecting. We do pride ourselves on providing the best experience possible for guests and take you feedback very seriously.

If you feel you would like to discuss any of your comments in more detail, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,
Vaughn Allen
Public Relations
410-576-5800

Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a great hotel. I spent three nights here with my family. The rooms are excellent and pretty large. Great views of the harbor. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was excellent. If in Baltimore for a special occasion, I would likely stay here again. Beds were very very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family