“family fun experience!”

Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Blackwood, New Jersey
“family fun experience!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Spent a few nights a the Four Seasons, Baltimore, MD with the family and we had a wonderful time. First the location is spectacular right off the harbor overlooking the bay, the hotel is state of the art in every way tecno and deco. The pool and spa was the ultimate experience for me and my family the pool is out doors and on a deck that looks out at the harbor and spa has and amazing healing pool, sana, and jacuzzi area with heated rock chairs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank benita s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Turkish first
Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not really sure where the bad reviews are coming from. My husband and I stayed here Fri-Mon(July). We did not experience any loud noise at all. We were on the 14th floor with a marina view. The rooms were not facing the hallway(which was a smart design). We never heard anything going on outside the room. The hotel and service were absolutely amazing. We were supposed to leave Sun, but extended our stay because of the wonderful experience. This will definitely be our only choice any time we are in the Baltimore area. The food(in-room dining) was amazing! I am a chef and can be hard to please, but they did it. Absolutely EVERYONE (room service, housekeeping, front desk, concierge, bellman, etc) in the hotel provided impeccable service.

The room was nice and spacious. At one point, I went to ask the concierge a question and they were away for a moment. The manager(Sean) assisted me and was great. (Loved his accent!) I mentioned we were there for an early celebration of my birthday. Later that evening when we got back to the room, there was a dessert waiting for me with "Happy Birthday" written on it. It's the little things like this that I love. Great job, Sean!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, Maryland
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My significant other decided to surprise me in March with a night at the Four Seasons in Baltimore. We have stayed at the four seasons overseas and even had family events there, but never to one in the US.

First off this hotel is like a mall, there are people walking around everywhere, which business wise good for them, but it's just plain too loud in general, not exactly a great retreat for couples.

Also we dined at Wit & Wisdom, their on location restaurant and it was average at best. The room was nice with the glass, but other than that it was your typical hotel room. Yes there is a tv in the mirror, which had absolutely no use whatsoever. There was nothing in the rooms that was a WOW or anything like that. For the amount we paid, I'd expect a four seasons experience similar to that of Four Seasons Paris or London, no such luck.

Honestly I think all the fuss about this hotel is brand recognition, which I'm sure has helped greatly. This is a great place if your a young kid with extra cash to spare. But for grown adults looking for a relaxing retreat and open spaces to relax, no such luck again.

I love Baltimore, but this hotel has none of that Charm City feel, it's just a corporate creation to try and imitate that feel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Ahmed G
Vaughn A, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Baltimore, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Good Afternoon Mr. G,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your stay with us here at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore. We are sorry to hear that your overall stay the hotel was not what you were expecting. We do pride ourselves on providing the best experience possible for guests and take you feedback very seriously.

If you feel you would like to discuss any of your comments in more detail, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,
Vaughn Allen
Public Relations
410-576-5800
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a great hotel. I spent three nights here with my family. The rooms are excellent and pretty large. Great views of the harbor. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was excellent. If in Baltimore for a special occasion, I would likely stay here again. Beds were very very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Huge rooms, great views, excellent service, what more could you want?

My only complaint - we went down to get breakfast/brunch on Saturday morning and the restaurant staff was completely overwhelmed (the restaurant was close to full, but no wait for a table). The hostess was doubling as a busboy, people around us were complaining about getting served cold coffee and waiting for their food, and after ten minutes nobody had brought us water, taken our orders, etc. So we went back to the room and ordered room service, which was actually no more expensive than the restaurant and came relatively quickly. The sides were excellent, although the scrambled eggs seemed to be of the pre-packaged variety, which was disappointing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Annapolis, MD
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just got back from seeing the 4th of July fireworks in the Baltimore harbor and we loved our stay at the Four Seasons. We used to go to the Marriott Waterfront, but this property is new and clearly excels over the Marriott. (You pay for the difference and for us it was well worth it.) On a whim we decided that very day to go and were able to reserve a harbor view room…which is unheard of at the Marriott. (Perhaps because they opened in November and people don’t know about the Four Seasons.) The room was well appointed with a huge bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and perhaps no-one was above us, but this was the quietest hotel we’ve ever stayed in. We couldn’t hear the usual doors slamming. The design, engineering, and execution are standards every hotel should strive for. (Although it’s kinda a challenge to figure out how the faucets worked). For Independence Day they had an amazing party with a great band, slow roast whole pig, hot dogs, clams, oysters and lots of other great food for 4 hours for $75 per person, a great value. Buffets can be spotty at best, but their buffet was top notch, hot, and fresh and the staff pampered you, but in a laid back Maryland way—like a high-end picnic. Then for the fireworks we went up to the 4th floor endless pool and grabbed 2 chaise lounges and had a front row seat to the Baltimore fireworks. The staff was all wonderful and seemed genuinely happy to be there. They also gave us a late check-out, which we really appreciated. It may have been our best 4th celebration ever and would recommend the Four Seasons Baltimore to any traveler. Please note: the harbor view room lets you see the smaller fireworks in the inner harbor, but not the larger display more in the marina area. But the pool area and the area outside the restaurant area provides a great view of both displays.

Room Tip: If you're coming here for the fireworks the harbor view room lets you see the smaller fireworks...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fazz
Denver
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I'm calling this place better than Baltimore Crab Cakes, and I LOVE Baltimore Crab Cakes. This hotel has amazing food, ambiance, rooms and employees. I stayed here one night after attending Lacrosse Playoffs in Annapolis and we had a Suite. It was thoroughly enjoyable and the views were amazing. The TV was actually in HD, we had BOSE surround sound and the beds were comfortable. Even the patio chairs were comfortable.

The food at the pool deck was very good and actually at the upper end of reasonably priced. The staff were great throughout from the bellhops to the servers to the front desk staff. Friendly, not hovering but immediately ready to help with any type of request.

I will definitely stay there again if my travel plans put me in Baltimore in the future.

Room Tip: It's worth it splurging for a Suite. They may even have upgrades available for a few hundred buc...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends