“Clean”

Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Clean”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Check in was hectic due to a wedding we were attending. Rooms were not ready @ 3:30 pm & everyone was all over the place. The room was clean, comfortable & well decorated. The only problem I experienced was the crank on the window was broke, so I had to remove the screen to manually close it. The thermostat did not work properly, WHATS THE DEAL WITH RADISSON'S THERMOSTATS????? This is the second Radisson I have stayed at where the thermostat did not work properly. The auto function did not work, therefore it ran all night. I thought it was too expensive and I received a special rate for the wedding.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikea168
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Mikea,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for the recent wedding. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Please accept my apologies that we missed some opportunities to provide you with a flawless experience. Please know that we will use your feedback to make improvements to the room. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
313-253-4344

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel is tucked behind Cross Keys shopping plaza in a nicer area of town near Loyola University and Baltimore Country Club. While it's positioned on the "north" side of town, it's a very short drive into the inner harbor and other areas. Don't be concerned about the quick commute. There are several retail shops (Chico's, hair salon, brunch cafe) nearby but there are no other restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are typical hotel size, contemporary style. There is both a parking lot and garage, warning the garage is old and worn out. The suites have fantastic size and worth the additional money. However once you get past the surface there are some things you should consider depending on your needs.

All of the comments I've read on the recent reviews were accurate - the fitted sheets never stayed on any night, any of the beds, and the sleep number beds seem fun but in my opinion really aren't all that comfortable. The walls are incredibly thin and it seems like the last 3 times I've been here there are very loud folks returning to their rooms after 1am - including a 15 minutes loud conversation and goofing off this most recent time. The Manager on duty couldn't seem to accurately direct me to ice/vending and there are no signs. I had to wait 90 minutes for 2 extra clean shower towels. (We had 4 in our room) And lastly, they must permit animals in the hotel and of course I seem to always get a room next to one. The first night I heard a crash and loud yelling and crying - thinking it was a kid, then the next night I heard more and figured out it was a dog. Crazy and annoying. The only other FYI is that the water pressure in the shower is weak.

Possibly a coincidence, but we booked this hotel because it had a pool and fitness room. The pool was closed - with no notice to us and the fitness room had some pretty old and limited equipment. This was a huge bummer for us with kids on spring break. They were very disappointed.

On the positive side, the rooms are updated and spotless. I found the housekeeping staff to be really good and friendly. They have good work space in the room, and comfortable layouts. The wireless internet was great and had no issues. My kids found the TV to have good choices as well. Coffee/tea in room and a clean single cup maker. Both the restaurant in the hotel and the cafe next door (breakfast/lunch) are really great and reasonably priced. We enjoyed both.

Room Tip: Ask about animals in rooms nearby and available suites.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ali M
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Ali,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. Your fellow travelers find guest reviews very helpful, and I appreciate you spending the time to leave your detailed review of the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Please know that your other comments will be used to make changes to improve your future experiences with us. We are very proud of the improvements we have made to the hotel through renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Cross Keys on 3/15. The service was wonderful and the room was clean. The restaurant was terrific. My only complaint was that the room temperature was 74 degrees when we checked in. We turned on the A/C, and the temperature climbed to 77. We contacted the front desk who sent an engineer up. After he attempted to lower the temperature (with no success), we asked him if we could switch rooms. He said that it would not help. The hotel was aware of the temperature problem because the entire hotel was having difficulty regulating the temperature. He said that at best, he could provide us with an oscillating fan. I was contacted via email by management to "discuss compensation," but none of my calls or emails have been returned. Stay somewhere else (unless you like your room at 74-77 degrees).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank PJ G
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
PJ,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Please accept my sincere apologies that we missed an opportunity to provide you with a flawless experience. The situation you encountered was based on some unexpected maintenance at the adjoining Village of Cross Keys, and has since been resolved. I understand that our team has reached out to you again to ensure that we were able to follow up on your concerns. In the event that there is anything else we can do to follow up on your concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
PORT ALLEGANY
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Tucked away in a small pocket of shop, spa and restaurant, this area has a suburban vibe. Our room was very large, contemporary and clean. However we were awakened by someone else's alarm music set on our radio and the fitted sheets kept slipping off the mattress, so our sleep quality was less than ideal. Good coffee and workspace in the room, citrus infused water in the lobby and restaurant on site, as well as another within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ANNAMARGARET B
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Anna Margaret,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and found our location to be perfect for your trip. We have shared your feedback about the alarm setting and sheets with our housekeeping team so they can use this as a training opportunity to prevent disturbance in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were attending a wedding at The Cloisters, just up the road and this location was wonderful. Parking and Internet were both free. Hint: the hotel address is the same as all the shops at Cross Keys Village which is 5100 Falls Rd. So, when you enter Cross Keys from Falls Rd., tell the guy at the gate you're going to the Radisson, then make a left and circle around the shopping center to the Hotel at the back. Although the hotel is facing I-83, we couldn't hear any noise from the highway. The restaurant was nice, though Donna's Cafe (also in the shopping complex and only a few steps away) is awesome. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnInPittsburgh
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Ann,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent trip to Baltimore! I certainly hope that you enjoyed the wedding at the lovely Cloisters. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Tanabe, Japan
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped here for the night during a long road trip. The rooms have clean, contemporary decoration and are very spacious. The only thing I noticed was that our bathroom did not have a fan, which made it difficult to get ready after a shower.

The hotel is in a great location with a few shopping and dining options available on the same property, so we were able to walk around and not worry about getting lost. We did not have time to enjoy the amenities that the hotel has to offer because our stay was barely 12 hours long, however, it was a pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aubrey B
Aubrey,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your boyfriend with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and very much look forward to a chance to welcome you back so you can truly enjoy all that the hotel has to offer.
Baltimore
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently for a night a had a decent stay. It's located in more of the northern part of Baltimore City in the Village of Cross Keys-a predominately residential area.
The hotel itself was an older property but was clean and had attentive staff.

Our room was comfortable and they were fitted with "sleep by number" beds that were decent. Took a few tries to figure out what setting was to our liking.
Walls seemed a bit thin as we could easily hear the tv from the adjacent room.
We had breakfast at a small cafe in the hotel and it was both good and convenient.
Only negative was we had some issues with the tv getting a few stations clearly.
We'd stay again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pacolsu
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Pacolsu,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We have shared your feedback about the channel signal with our team so they can monitor that quality and make adjustments to improve. If you recall the specific channels you had difficulty with please let me know so I can offer them further direction. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.