“Very quiet but rooms need upgrade”

Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

It has been a long time since I stayed at a hotel that provided tube TVs in the rooms. And only 12 channels is silly these days. This said, the hotel is clean and quiet with very comfortable beds. A nice breakfast place is downstairs, along with a small bar.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Celestial-Mctown
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Celestial-Mctown,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Please know that we are undergoing a hotel refresh and have begun the rooms portion we look forward to unveiling a new guest room experience soon complete with new televisions. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed @ the Radisson C.K. for a family simcha...had adjoining rooms - liked the country feel.

Hotel was under construction but no issues there..

Staff was extremely helpful with everything.

Would recommend no problem

Room Tip: get it through priceline
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Avremelemtl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. For your return visit, be mindful that some booking engines allow you to select the exact hotel that you want, and some do not. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

What an excellent and clean-quiet hotel located just 10 minutes from Baltimore's Bay area for tourist and business. The service was second to none. I stayed there two weekends this summer and utilized their free shuttle service to downtown Baltimore. This is the way to go!
Cheers to all of the staff at the Radisson Cross Keys and your neighbors!

Room Tip: Only 3 floors and a wonderful neighborhood view of trees.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Mark,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This review has big asterisks.

On one hand, the room was a bit shabby in places, but it was clean. Well, mostly clean -- we did see some staining in one spot on the carpet, on the vanity countertop and in the tub area. But the bed was clean, which is the important part. We weren't skeeved out or anything. I've totally stayed in worse rooms. But it wasn't up to par with the usual Radisson experience. I wouldn't say "don't stay here"... but I probably would say to look around and see if you can find somewhere nicer. You could do a lot worse, though.

** HOWEVER, this place did seem to be undergoing renovations. So perhaps in a few months, it WILL be up to the usual Radisson standards and the rooms will be nice and new and the elevators won't be sort of sketchy and make you think you might end up trapped in them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ravenclaw79

RavenClaw 79,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. As you have pointed out, we are excited about the changes that are being made with the renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. We look forward to unveiling a new guest room experience soon. I hope that you have a chance to join us again once it is completed.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 days at the hotel and I found it comfortable and clean. The front desk attendant was kind and courteous. The staff were attentive and helpful. It did help that I had a corner room on the 4th floor.

• Stayed: October 2012

Teacher Guarino,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide the highest quality service and amenities to our guests, and it is great to know how we are doing. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Reconstruction & Dinner at the Radisson/Cross Keys

So what goes on at Radisson?
Is it that something good is on?

While reconstructing their downstairs,
They schlep and reposition chairs.
Tables are pushed up from the basement
And placed right next to yonder casement.

For if you’re hungry, like I am
And you are thirsty for a dram,
Presto! a miracle is wrought:
You have yourself a dinner bought!

Crab cakes of quality so high,
Ready, right there for you to try!
Radisson’s cooking, rightly vaunted,
Is served by wait staff tthat’s undaunted.

Three cheers, Hear! Hear! for Radisson
Where something good is going on!

The Hungry Poet

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheHungryPoet
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hungry poet,

We thank you so much for taking the time
to share with us your witty rhyme.
Your experience is important to us,
like the rooms we clean and the tables we bus.

As you noticed during your stay,
our renovation is under way.
Our team is working very fast
to create a experience unsurpassed.

We're so pleased you enjoyed the food
and the crab cakes helped to set the mood.
The new Scoozi! will be coming soon
for meals morning, night, and noon.

Although your stay is at an end
I hope to welcome you back, my friend.
Reach out to me for anything you need.
I can assist with your next visit indeed!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

If not for the excellent location of this hotel, I think we would have gone somewhere else. We stayed for 4 nights. Let me just say that the staff was really great and anything they did was done well. However, the issues seem to be with management decisions to delay/forgo maintenance and repairs. Our room had a broken window and could not be closed the whole way, which made the room really humid. They have "sleep number" beds in the rooms, but unfortunately put them onto really high bed frames. If you are short, you will need to pole vault into your bed. I think that for older people, it really is unsafe to have the beds this high up. My Mom had to climb on the bedside table to get into bed, which worried me since she has a history of falling. There are refrigerators that they will put in the room by request, but I cannot see why a hotel at this price does not have them in all of the rooms. There is no breakfast included in the price of the room, which, as I said, is pretty high. We tried breakfast at the hotel restaurant but for our remaining breakfasts, opted to go to the cafe next door which has a much better (and cheaper) breakfast. The small outdoor pool was the best part of this hotel. They even have a lifeguard there. The elevators are really slow, but supposedly they are still renovating them. It looked like all of the carpeting needed replacing or deep cleaning. There was only one conveniently placed electrical socket with a few quirky sockets in the bedside lamps (if you turn off the hall light at night, your stuff won't recharge overnight.

Room Tip: Check for broken stuff, and plug your phone into the desk socket instead of the bedside socket. If y...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

TAmember,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. I am pleased that the location is convenient for you. Please know that we are working diligently to improve the guest room experience and look forward to unveiling a new guest room experience soon. I can certainly appreciate your concerns about the bed height. In the event that you have someone travelling with you who has difficulty with them please reach out to reception and we would be happy to make accommodations more accessible. I certainly hope that we have a chance to welcome you back when our refresh is completed so you can truly experience the hotel at its best.