“Great location in quiet neighborhood; hotel is in need of update.”

Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Location is wonderful, outside of downtown and close to Loyola. Surrounded by lovely little shopping center, which has some great stores, even though it is small. Quiet location. Hotel lobby is clean and spacious. Front desk staff is courteous and helpful. I had previously been told when I stopped in on last visit, to call directly for Loyola rate, but when I called to make reservation they transferred me to general Radisson reservation line and there was no discount. I found rate cheaper online, and didn't make reservation thru Radisson.
Hotel rooms were well-worn and a little run-down. They were clean enough, but are in desperate need of an update and freshening. Room smelled a bit and didn't have good quality pillows, bedding, towels or furniture. I might stay here again just for location, but most likely will not until updated. Wasn't awful, just not great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maryChico

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Came up for a quick Christmas with my family. Booked this hotel for 2 reasons....proximity to my brother's house and they take pets. The hotel is in a great location, outside of the city and within the Cross Keys shopping plaza. There is plenty of room to roam around and shops to see if you want to experience that aspect of the area. I loved it b/c it was only 2 miles from my family's house where we were celebrating the holidays. They also take dogs of all sizes for only $25/night. We have an aging lab and was so happy that he could come with us b/c it's very difficult to find a hotel close to my brother's (not in the city) that will take dogs. Plus the room they gave us ( junior suite) was fantastic. Large enough for my husband and I and the pup to spread out. Only negative was we were really far from the elevator (tough for a 14 yr old dog to walk)- but it was fine. He did great and I think enjoyed the trip as much as a dog could.

The room was large, sleep number bed, older decor and amenities but overall a good value for what you pay. Location perfect and the hotel was empty so we had no issues parking or with noisy neighbors. I beliefve the hotel will be going through some renovations soon as we saw some design boards in the lobby. If they get some upgraded amenities to their rooms this place will be perfect. The wifi worked fine for me and I had no issues.

There was a bar downstairs but we didn't order any food, only a few drinks. They were pricy but it's a hotel so you can expect that. Overall this place gets a thumbs up from me. We'll be back next time we make a trip to my brother's again!

Room Tip: The layout of the hotel is odd so I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel. I would of co...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikki S
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After reading other reviews, I almost did not book at this hotel, but it was very nice. Rooms were a little dated, but clean and the sleep number beds were very comfortable. Food in the hotel restaurant was great - and there is a nice bar where you can order takeout food for your room. There is also a fantastic cafe right next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice hotel and great location, but the heating/cooling system is the craziest I have ever encountered. We were told upon check in that there was a dual air system that we could not adjust. Huh? Our stay was in October and the weather was sunny and lovely in the upper 60s in the daytime. Our room, however, had extreme fluctuations in the temperature. By day, cold air was blowing continually so that the room temp was below 50 degrees. We were freezing. When we came back from dinner, heat was blowing to the point that in the middle of the night, it was 89 degrees in the room and we were left sweating and unable to sleep. Like a hot, humid night in NYC with no air conditioning. Forced air was noisy too. No way for the guest to alter individual room temps so you go from freezing to sauna temperatures. Who came up with this system for controlled air? Unbearable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your comments so that we can improve our standards and address areas that need attention.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is located on the back side of the Cross Keys Mall. What a convenient location because there are things to do and restaurant options beyond the hotel restaurant. It is close to Interstate 83. The rooms are spacious with adequate amenities, but the wifi is iffy. The room had a Sleep Number bed, which was a treat to try out, as I have seen the ads for years. I could open the window to get fresh air, which is really important to me. I stayed here for a wedding and the price was right because the bride and groom had worked out a deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was like a sauna-contacted front desk and was told that you cannot adjust the thermostat. Once temps(change of seasons) drop the unit switches over to heat regardless of outside temp;they could bring fans if needed. Make sure to request a room w/window as we had a sliding door that could not be opened. On a postive note- no parking fees, nice staff & shuttle was a plus as we took advantage of it twice to JHU!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with my daughter, who needed to see a specialist at Sinai hospital. The location was very close to the hospitals and easy to park, etc. The hotel is connected to a little mall, so we walked around a bit. Inexpensive rate, which was great because we really just needed a place to sleep! Not a vacation! The room was large and clean (which was great with the pack-and-play). Nothing fancy, but perfect for what we needed.

1  Thank travel718