“Disappointing”

Neighborhood: Downtown
baltimore
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Serving pasta instead of Chinese egg noodles in the wonton noodle soup is unacceptable. There must be a change of management and cook. When the restaurant first opened it had decent dim sum. I returned after over a year. The menus are even dirty!

• Visited July 2014

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Delicious Chinese Food”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Friends that lived in China said this is the best authentic Chinese food in Baltimore. I include this restaurant in my walking food tour and everyone loves it. One participant said it was the best roast duck he ever had and he is a big foodie.

• Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“not impressed”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Ordered for delivery. Was told 40 minutes. After an hour I called and they had no idea what I was talking about. After being put on hold they told me the driver had my food. Took an hour and a half for food to arrive. I love sweet and sour soup but this was disgusting. Threw the entire thing away. Ordered sesame chicken which was bland at best. Ordered fried rice and got tasteless white rice instead. Will not eat here again

Visited January 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
“Authentic Chinese”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This family run restaurant feels pretty authentic, and the really good food costs a very low price. We ordered more food them we should and the bill for two was 40,00! The dim sum and the dishes were all great. We will surely return whilst we are in Baltimore.

St. John's, Canada
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This little family run restaurant isn't in the best part of town and I felt somewhat uncomfortable in the neighbourhood. I wouldn't venture there after dark. I went because I thought there was dim sum.
The place has minimal ambiance; obviously not high on the owners hierarchy of importance.
The menu was fairly extensive but old and sticky with sauce (I hope it was sauce) from previous diners. I ordered off the menu because there were no dim carts being pushed around the restaurant (perhaps because there were very few diners).
The meal when it came was barely passable. Pretty average in taste and presentation. The crab rangoon filling was still cold in the centre and the dumplings were pretty tasteless (very thick dough).
I would have liked to give this place a 3/5 rating because it was family run and I suspect they are trying hard, but really, the food and ambiance just don't support it.

• Visited October 2013