“Great location, nice staff”

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great location, nice staff”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Was greeted with friendly staff. The hotel was full the night before, but they went above and beyond to find us a room at 1pm. We were very disappointed that the hotel bar is not open on Sunday. We are in Baltimore, a football town!!!!! Although this Marriott was much less hectic than the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott around the corner, it's rooms were not as nice. I would stay here again. Great location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel is great for overnight stays. Good location, clean and functional as expected in Courtyards.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Staff was excellent, polite, and resourceful. Our daughter loved the pool area and it is staffed with a lifeguard. Our bathroom light burned out and maintenance was there within 10 minutes after we called and fixed it. The room was clean and the king size bed felt wonderful after a long day at the harbor. We were close to walk to all events at the inner harbor. We also did some shopping in the city which made our location great. The front desk staff saved us $22 on parking by paying them at check out and informing us that our parking is good for all day so we basically got two days for the price of one. At breakfast there could've been some danish, etc. instead of just coffee, however they offer a great breakfast for $10 and it was worth it. The staff there did a great job for us. Overall my family of 4 was very pleased and when we return to the inner harbor we will use this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Easton, MD
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My wife and I checked into the Marriott Courtyard Inner Harbor for a one night stay. Check-in was fast, but when we got to our assigned room neither of our key cards would open the door, My wife went back to the desk to get the key checked out and returned with a front desk clerk who's attitude indicated that we did not know how to use the key card. Well, the desk clerk could not open the door either so she went back to the front desk to get us assigned another room. After waiting in the hall for several minutes the desk clerk returned with a new room assignment on a lower floor. When we arrived at the new room it was clean and nicely decorated, but was stuffy and warm. After trying to adjust the room thermostat, I discovered that no air was coming out of the vent. I then called the front desk to report the malfunction. A few minutes later a maintainance man came to the room and fixed the AC. We then decided to take a nap before going to a nearby restaurant. Unfortunately, our room faced an adjacent building that had huge air handling machinery on its roof. The machinery created a continuous, loud roaring sound, similar to a jet engine. Needless to say, the noise made sleeping a real challenge.

The bathroom sink was only a single sink located outside of the bathroom (shower/tub/toilet area. With the coffee pot sitting next to the sink there was very little room to set your toiletries next to the sink.

I've stayed in many Marriott Courtyard (and other) hotels over the years and found this stay to be one of the worst. If you get a room there, get one with an odd number; they don't face the loud air handling machinery.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jrepok
South Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2010

My family booked 2 rooms at this hotel the last weekend in February. The location was not as convenient as I expected. It is in the Harbor area, but still about 8 blocks from the Harbor. The hotel is much like all other Marriotts, pretty and clean. It has its own attached parking garage ($22 per night), bar and lounge in lobby, and good breakfast. The room was comfy and clean, no tub just stand up shower. We had a king size room with pull out sofa, and extra linens are provided for sofa. Now the bad news, check in and check out was horrible! Like all hotels we held the reservation with a credit card. However, I decided to pay cash upon arrival for everything, including incidentals. The staff at the counter did not know how to check us in! The second I said "cash", they needed to consult with eachother. Finally after about 15 mins we got checked in and our rooms were ready early as requested. Unfortunately, check out was the same nightmare. They didnt give me my complete refund back from incidentals, and a manager was not available to fix the problem. It was entered in computer incorrectly. I agreed to call the next day to resolve, but decided to let it slide because they paid for our parking instead. That following wednesday to my amazement Marriott had charged the FULL amount of our stay to my credit card! I was given the excuse that it happened because that is the credit card I used to hold the reservation! After several phone calls, the manager called my bank directly to have the funds released. Overall, not worth the headache and we will not stay there again. In my opinion, staff should be prepared for all situations. I have been a Marriott member since 2003.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Detroit
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I love this hotel! Great value, wonderful staff! The room was clean and decorated with modern Asian accents. There was plenty of room to store our things; the sink was outside of the toilet/shower area (which I like), the bed was comfortable. The room included a flat screen TV, a small couch with a coffee table, a desk and a coffee machine.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
GREENEVILLE, TENNESSEE
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Upon arrival, could not get into front of hotel..blocked off. After circling block, could not fit in parking garage. (SUV's beware) Was not told also this parking would cost 22.00! Was instructed closest parking was almost a mile away..no shuttle service..cold.late..need I say more? They didn't "feel our pain" and made no attempt at trying to help us find a solution. I guess girls are just supposed to walk alone in the middle of the nite in a strange area..hmmm. asked for extra towels and pillows on reservations, however, recieved neither. No real views from anywhere in hotel. Furniture was old and scratched.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business