“Nice location and good value - Hospitable Staff”

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Nice location and good value - Hospitable Staff”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed at this property for four (4) nights in July while attending a conference. It's a short distance from Amtrak (Penn) station. Taxi fare was about $15, not including tip.

The hotel is modern and the lobby is brightly light. Check-in was quick and efficient but at this property what really made an impression is the smile and personality of Guest Services Manager, Denia Clark. She was upbeat and simply a joy to encounter upon check-in.

The room that I had was standard size with the standard amenities. It was clean and neatly arranged. Housekeeping services met my expectations for the most part except that I did step on a small pin that was under the desk, that had not been noticed or vacuumed up. I was not injured, so it wasn't a serious problem, but I do feel it's worth noting. One drawback to the room was the inside shower curtain was too short and the floor got soaked with each shower. This was brought to mgmt.'s attention.

There is a bistro adjacent to the lobby. I did try a breakfast burrito, which I'm fairly certain is a frozen, heat & serve product, just by looks and I had almost identical breakfast burrito at a Courtyard Marriott in Massachusetts.

Although the guest service manager was the first to greet me and made an indelible impression, all of the staff demonstrated true hospitality.

This property is located next to Little Italy and close to the Fells (Falls?) Point neighborhood.

Cab service to the convention center area is any where from $5 - $20, depending on time of day. At 5 p.m. rush hour plan on it taking at least a half-hour to make the approximately 3 mile trip. During rush hour, you're probably better off walking.

Overall it was a good value for a very nice property. It will be my "stay-at" hotel whenever I'm in Baltimore.

{Concerning the questions below, I believe "quaint" is very subjective - there should be a way to add explanations there as well}

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review that I am sure future guests will find very helpful. I was delighted to read that Denia made such a positive impression on you as she truly is an asset to our hotel. She is very warm and welcoming to all of our guests and she motivates all of our staff to try and connect with all our guests during their stay with us. I am sorry about the incident with the pin on your carpet and the shower linen. I have shared these comments with our maintenance and housekeeping staffs so we can address these issues. Thank you again for your recent stay and I do hope we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My brother booked this for my bachelor party August 16th. Lets be honest we didn't stay too much in the hotel but we did enjoy our stay. The rooms were comfy and large with the king sized bed in each room. The hotel was nice and kept very clean. If I ever need a place to stay downtown I think this will be my place to go. We were told about the parking garage is the cheapest around $23(max) but about 2 blocks away there was a garage for $7 a day

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay and for your review. I am glad that the time you did spend in the hotel that you found it enjoyable and comfortable. We do have rooms with both king size beds and two double beds. Also like you stated, there are garages near the hotel where the overnight charge is cheaper, but for guests who want in and out privileges then our rate of $23 per day is one of the cheapest in our area. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and we hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida, USA
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel was really nice for one of the Courtyard brands. It seems like there must be an effort at Marriott to update this brand of the chain, though sometimes it's hit or miss. This is a good find. The lobby was bright and open with modern furniture. The room was pretty standard for Marriott Courtyard, which tends to be very comfortable with good beds and average room size. Location is great, right near the harbor. We went to a baseball game at Camden Yard. A cab ride there took less than 10 minutes and the walk home was about 25 minutes and seemed very safe. Staff was solid and welcoming, which is what I have come to expect with most Marriott properties. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 7691
We truly appreciate your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotel was renovated last year and our housekeeping staff and maintenance crew tries every day to keep it clean and update for all of our guests. I am glad you found our staff welcoming as they do try to connect with our guests during their stay at our hotel. Hopefully we will see you again soon the next time you come to see an Oriole’s game at the Yards.
Ocean City
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott Inner Harbor will be my new go to hotel when taking a trip to Inner Harbor. I have stayed at multiple hotels in Inner Harbor, and I feel this location also gives you the ability to easily walk to Fells Point, another great neighborhood in Baltimore. The hotel itself is located in an up and coming area just outside the main inner harbor hub, and there are excellent bars and restaurants around the area as well. The walk to inner harbor is less than 5 minutes, and to fells point, less than 10.

Check-in was a breeze, as we arrived early evening for a weekend wedding. My wife checked in while I parked the car. By the time I got down the elevator from the attached parking garage, we had our room keys and we were ready to go. The room was very clean, and the space was comparable to other Courtyards I've stayed at. The lobby offers a variety of food and drinks for purchase, but there are many other options directly outside the hotel.

Overall, for the price, I will def be staying at this hotel on my next trip. The cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, and location put this a notch above other more expensive hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad we will be your hotel of choice when you are visiting the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. As you stated, our location gives our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor and also Fells Point and Little Italy. We hope to see you again soon in Harbor East.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed August 8, 2014

From check-in to check-out this hotel provided a comfortable, welcoming experience. The room was clean and in good condition, the shower never failed to be hot. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and friendly and eager to provide me a great stay.

Two people earned recognition:
Talking with Arkia Sall when ordering breakfast was wonderful. Her attitude and demeanor sets you on track to have a great day. Everyone was great, but Arkia was enough of a step up that she earned recognition.

Andrea Carter, Assistant GM, took the time to help with my questions and how to do a specific task even though it was busy. Great laugh and very personable, she's a great asset to the hotel.

The next time I am in the area, I will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have the option, ask the clerk when checking in to help select a room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel for future guests to read. I was thrilled to read that both Arkia and Andrea provided you which great service and I have shared your comments with them and also our entire team. We all try our best every day to ensure our guest leave happy and satisfied and I am glad we were able to accomplish that during your stay. Also I nice hot shower never hurts. We hope to see you again soon.
NEW YORK
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This Courtyard offered a clean and comfortable room that was ready ahead of check-in time. The strong water pressure in the shower was a delight. The hotel is steps away from the Inner Harbor and an easy walk to Fells Point. Staff were friendly and helpful. Not cheap, but a good deal compared with the area's pricier options.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments and your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location convenient as it does give our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point and Little Italy. Our staff tries their best to be both informative and friendly and I was happy to read that we provided you with that service. We hope to see you again soon.
Ft. Wright, KY
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff......especially Andrea. Room very clean, shower great. Best water pressure ever. Staff extremely accommodating!!!! Best place to visit all Inner Harbor attractions. We even walked to Camden Yards!!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel......we were pleased beyond our expectations!!!!! Thank you Courtyard for making us so comfortable!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and that Andrea our AGM was especially helpful. I will share your comments with the entire staff and we do hope to see you again soon.