“Great & different experience at this courtyard hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great & different experience at this courtyard hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Clean, safe with excellent customer service & great location. The Bistro, is different than any other courtyard. They have the 25% discount for what we eat & drink. I thought this is an awesome plus. Very informative & cheerfu; staff. The only draw back, for me, is that the TV has no entertainment channels for an extended stay hotel. No Food, Travel, Bravo or any other entertaining channel is available in the room. The lobby is nice but way too cold at the TV area, due to AC! I will recommend it & will come back again. Thank you all guys, ladies & gentlemen there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel for future guests to read. At our hotel, throughout the year we run different specials for our Marriott Reward members and based on your comment it looks like you must be a Platinum member and that is why you received the 25% in the Bistro. This changes from time to time and is just our way of saying thanks to loyal Marriott guests and rewards members. We are due to update our TV listings by the end of the year, so I will keep your suggestions on what new channels we should add in the future. I have also had our maintenance department look at the AC in the TV area. Thanks again for your review and your recent stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here after much research and was not disappointed. Kahn at the front desk and all of ladies could not be More friendly or accommodating. Location is perfect as it is not right in the middle of all the touristy stuff but close enough for a nice scenic
walk. This is an upscale neighborhood with lots of nice shops and restaurants. There is even a whole foods attached to the building if you need some snacks. The hotel appears to have been recently redone as everything was sleek, modern and fresh looking. Glad I made this choice.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our recent stay at our hotel. We really do enjoy hearing from our guests; so that we can continue to improve in the areas we need to and also celebrate our successes. Today we will be celebrating with Khan for providing great customer service to you during your stay. As you stated, our location in Harbor East gives our guests easy access to all the major attractions plus great local neighborhoods like Fells Point and Little Italy. We hope to see you again soon.
Picton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and found the room, staff etc to be superb. The speed at which breakfast was served was exemplary! The bed was comfortable, and the only thing my room lacked was an interesting view. I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. I have shared your review with our Bistro staff so they could hear your comment about how fast they were able to serve you breakfast. They do try their best to serve a quick and friendly breakfast in our Bistro to all of our guests. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I called this hotel after booking and explained to them that I was bringing my husband for his birthday to an Orioles game and that It was a suprise. Tamara gave me some excellent ideas and even picked up the wine I had ordered at Bin 604 ( her suggestion) after her shift so that it would be at the hotel and ready for our arrival Saturday. She also arranged for the cake to be picked up and had us upgraded to a king suite. When we arrived her shift was later in the afternoon so she left Ashley in charge of getting the room ready with the cake, wine ect.... so my husband would walk in and be surprised. We were traveling with friends and they even made sure their room was ready early with ours and that our rooms were next to each other.
My husband and I travel a lot . We have never experienced the outstanding customer service that this hotel provides. Those two ladies went above and beyond to make our stay special.
I highly recommend this hotel! It was very clean, everyone had a smile and all the employees were very friendly.
THANKS AGAIN To Tamara and Ashley. We really appreciate all that you did for us!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heidi S
Thanks for posting your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with both Tambra and Ashley, so they could hear first hand how their hard work was appreciated by you and your husband. They both were very excited about doing this for you and they were happy to hear everything worked out. I also read your comments to the entire hotel staff at our daily meeting, so they could hear how doing that something a little bit extra really makes a difference in a guest's stay. We do try our best to make all of our guests happy and I am gald we were able to do this for you. I hope we see you again soon.
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for an Oriole's game, and cannot say enough nice things about the staff. They were really what made the stay exceptional. They helped coordinate our friend's birthday surprise with a cake and chilled wine waiting in the room when we arrived. Everyone at the desk was super friendly and helpful. Will stay here the next time we venture into town for a baseball game :-)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingMom8
Thank you for posting your comments and for your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read that we were able to make your friend's birthday a special treat and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon the next time you come to town for an O's game. Go Oriole's!
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

As a regular guest at Courtyard Marriotts nationwide, I looked for a Courtyard in the Baltimore area for a recent business trip. This one is a very short walk to the water's edge in the Inner Harbor and seemed to have all the amenities we were looking for. Not only did it meet our expectations, but the customer service was, without a doubt, exemplary. As a VP of Human Resources I tend watch customer service with a critical eye. In my next customer service class at work, I will use this property as an example of "how it should go". The staff was friendly, accommodating and supportive. We used the lobby to conduct several interviews for important positions. The lobby lends itself to a business support environment with work stations that are comfortable and private. The entire property was clean and comfortable. On our way to the parking garage (directly accessible from the lobby elevator) my business partner commented on how great the staff treated us. Nice to have both first and last impressions consistently good. I will definitely return to this hotel, on business as well as pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank maxtime
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotel staff tries their best everyday to ensure our guests are happy and satisfied and it was wonderful to read that we succeed in our goal. I have shared your comments with our entire staff in our daily meeting, so they could see that their efforts are paying off. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again in Baltimore.
Cooperstown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The room was well appointed and comfortable. A large gap under the door, however, meant there was more hall noise than necessary. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MRM1655
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your comments. I am sorry that there was an issue with your door and noise from the hallway. I will have our maintenance team look into this to see if we can some how adjust the way the door is hung. I was happy to read you found our location gave you easy access to restaurants and shopping. Harbor East is filled with both great dining and unique shops. I hope we will see you again soon.