“Great location - their rooms need to be renovated”

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Athens, Georgia
“Great location - their rooms need to be renovated”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location of this hotel could not be better, you are in Harbor East, which is the cleanest, most safe area of Baltimore and you are next to the harbor. There is a Whole Foods, as well as many great shops in the area. I travel to Baltimore on a weekly basis and this is the only area I stay. The Courtyard, I understand they just completed a renovation, unfortunately, my room was not renovated. As someone who does not hang out in hotel lobbies, that is unless they are gorgeous or hip or have some other attraction, I could really care less about a lobby renovation. The room is where you spend the most time. My bathroom was gross, the caulk was cracked and it didn't feel clean. It sort of reminded me a weird motel bathroom. The beds, however, were comfortable. Will I stay here again, no.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. I also find the Harbor East area to be a great location for our hotel giving our guest easy access to restaurants, shopping, and of course Whole Foods. I also saw your comments about our recent renovations. As you stated, all of the public spaces were just finished in March as were all of our guest rooms, but from your comments I can see that your bathroom needed some more attention. I truly am sorry that you encountered this issue and if you would like to talk about it more please contact me directly. I would for you to give us another chance so that we can be your preferred hotel when coming to Baltimore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Beacon, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and our daughter stayed here for three nights the last weekend in June. The location of the hotel is fantastic. Both the inner Harbor and fells point are short walks in the hotel is right by the water. The convenience of having a whole foods cannot be understated for us. The room was very clean & seemed very modern and the staff were very friendly. The problem however was in the fact that the walls were paper thin. It was not that the people on the other side of us were particularly loud but because the walls are so thin we heard every word and getting to sleep was very difficult two of the three nights. Additionally, On Saturday night we had to endure a number of people coming upstairs and howling as they had exited the elevator. Again, had the walls not been so thin, this most likely wod not have been a huge problem. It is a shame too as we would love to stay there again next year but we just can't do it.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BigPeteNy
london
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Loved the hotel it was spacious and clean and even had lovely bath and body works toiletries which were lovel. The Hotel had its own private garden on the terrace and a gym the only let down was the breakfast which luckily was not included as otherwise i would have been very disappointed. Would recommend to go somewhere local for a bite to eat. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would defo use this hotel again and its walking distance from the inner habour restaurants and shops. The neighbouring hotel is not so bad ... not the usual baltimore street people hanging around and there are some nice restaurants around too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see that you like our location and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. You also mentioned one of my favorite parts about our hotel which many guests don’t even realize we have which is the roof top garden area. It is located on our 4th floor along with the pool and exercise room. It gives our guests a place to unwind and get some sun and fresh area away from the hustle and bustle of the street. I was sad to see that you did not find our breakfast to your liking. We just opened our new Bistro a few months ago with the goal of giving many options to our guests for both breakfast and dinner. Hopefully the next time you are here we can find something that will satisfy your breakfast needs.
Garden City
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable stay within walking distance to Inner Harbor. Surrounded by restaurants and stores, you are a ten minute walk to the Aquarium on the Inner Harbor. Friendly front desk staff. Near Fells Point and Little Italy.would come again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for 2 nights to explore Baltimore before moving on to a destination wedding. The hotel is renovated and very nice. The front desk was very helpful and treated us great. We had a mishap that showcases the great staff at this hotel. We left on Saturday morning to attend the wedding. On Sunday evening my husband noticed he didn't have his wallet. He remembered leaving it in the room on Friday night and then didn't retrieve it before we checked out. I called the Courtyard Sunday evening and explained the problem to the front desk. She wasn't able to help because she was alone and couldn't leave her post. I left a message with housekeeping and they called first thing the next morning. Found the wallet! They sent in UPS and it was received in 2 days. Nothing missing! I want to thank the housekeeping staff for great work.

The pool area is very nice here if you have time to explore.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that was very large and a little bit of Harbor view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that our staff was able to locate your wallet for you and also get it back to your husband safe and sound. We do try our best every day to provide excellent service to all of our guests and I was happy to see that we were able to do that for you. I have also shared your review with our housekeeping staff so they can hear firsthand how their work directly impacts our guests on a day to day basis. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Atlanta
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Although this property is not on the waterfront, it is close to it. Surrounded by lots of downtown activities and good restaurants, the neighborhood has a young energy to it. The hotel itself is clean, looks newly renovated, with pleasant and welcoming staff, a coffee shop on the first floor, and a good price for the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAZ485
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We live in Westminster MD (45 mins away in MD) and I grew up near Baltimore but we've stayed at this courtyard, for a few years in a row. We love Harbor East. The Harbor East area is outstanding. From the hotel you can walk to Fells Point, the harbor and Camden Yards. The hotel is perfect, rooms are great. We plan to visit again this September.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for being a loyal repeat guest of our hotel and for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. Harbor East is a very exciting neighborhood and we are lucky to be located right in the middle of it. Camden Yards is about a 30-35 minute walk from our hotel, but you can also take the free Charm City Circulator which will get you just a few blocks from the stadium. We look forward to seeing you again in September.