“Great one night stay for a wedding.”

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a wedding in town, better than having to drive home or taxi it. All i can say is that my stay was great. The staff was friendly and cordial. The room was comfortable and clean. My requests were all taken care of. And the breakfast sandwich i order was fantastic. Parking is a bit expensive, as is the case for most of the hotels in the city, but the easy in and out access was nice (would recommend that if you do park in their garage you do so on the upper level, more open spaces and less of a fight for the spaces with the other tenants in the complex). Also the location can't be beat, located in harbor east (which has plenty to offer its self), you're a short walk from the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, and related attractions. Needless to say when and if i need an overnight in the city, assuming the courtyard has a room, it's defiantly i hotel i would take under consideration.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank boothy443
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and also for posting your review. We are excited that you decided to stay at our hotel during a special event like a wedding and that everything was great. Our new Bistro restaurant does have some wonderful breakfast sandwiches and we also server dinner every night from 5pm-11pm. As you also mentioned the location of our hotel can’t be beat. It gives our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor, Little Italy, and Fells Point. We hope to see you again soon in Harbor East.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was our second stay at the Courtyard in Harbor East. Our first visit was while renovations were occurring and it was nice to see the finished state which is comfortable and practical with many food options, drinks in the Bistro and casual seating to relax or wait for friends. We were again in town as my spouse had an appointment at Johns Hopkins Hospital. the room discount and cab vouchers as well as the breakfast that were part of the rate for Hopkins patients were a big plus. The room was comfortable as was the bed. We didn't avail ourselves of the pool or fitness center so can't comment on that. but the staff were welcoming and very helpful, especially when we had to extend our stay and then were unsure of the exact day and time that my spouse was being discharged from the hospital. I had to change my checkout day/time on 5 separate occasions and the staff were pleasant and sympathetic throughout.

The location is wonderful -- a nice walk to Harbor East shops and food, Whole Foods and CVS within a block, Little Italy nearby, half mile walk to the Inner Harbor and right on the route of 2 of the free circulator buses that will take you even further into downtown Baltimore, Fells Point and other areas of town.

For a hotel of its class and price, this Courtyard Marriott provides an excellent value and we would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LotsaTraveling
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. Your review mentions a lot about our hotel’s features and our great location in Harbor East, which I think future guests will find very helpful. I am glad you came back to see the finished renovations and to enjoy our new Bistro restaurant. We understand that our John Hopkins guests can have things change any time during their stay, so our staff tries their best to accommodate these changes and I was happy to see that we were able to do that for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We received a warm welcome. The location was excellent and close to all the restaurants in Little Italy. Good size room with the usual comfy Marriott bed. Everything we needed at a decent price. Inner harbour was a short walk away.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Jumped down to Baltimore on the Saturday before Memorial Day to avoid miserable weather in Boston. The rate was very reasonable given that most of the area hotels were sold out. I could not get over how friendly and helpful the staff was. I travel often for business and have never seen anything like it. We were always greeted with a smile and the staff could not do enough to make sure our stay was perfect. Two items of note were when the cafe stayed open late just to accommodate our last minute desire for dessert and when I had the front desk address an error on my checkout bill. Without any hassle, things were always made right. The room worked very well for my two kids and me. I was also surprised at just how close we were to the inner harbor. The area map on Google makes it appear much further away than it really is. We just stepped out the door and felt like we were right in the middle of it all. I would highly recommend this hotel to my closest friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for recent stay with us and for posting your review. I was delighted to see that our staff made you feel welcomed throughout your visit with us and that we were able to assist you when needed to ensure your stay was a pleasurable one. As you noted, our hotel is only about a 10 minute walk to the Inner Harbor Area and also gives our guests easy access to Fells Point and Little Italy. We hope you come back again soon to see us.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for graduation and I am sure the hotel was at full capacity.
Check in was efficient and our room was ready a little earlier. Self-parking in the attached garage is in and out and convenient at a charge of $23. Our room was clean and extremely quiet the entire stay. We did not hear one voice or street noise. The area is convenient to walking to the inner habor, restaurants and stores. After we came back from our walk, I asked the front desk if we could have a few more towels. Within a minute of arriving to our room they were brought. There are computers in the lobby are free. The breakfast area opens up at 6:30 and we had to leave by that time. The people who worked in the cafe was so friendly and were nice enough to prepare a toasted bagel and cup of coffee to go, along with a already prepared yogurt/fruit/granola. This hotel was very accomodating.

Room Tip: High floor not facing street and away from elevator
1  Thank glenside
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for Preakness weekend with my sister, and what a great choice! The desk staff was super friendly and everyone was in a festive mood since most guests were either going to the Preakness or a college graduation. The staff was very accomading of requests for extra toothbrushes and restaurant recommendations - they even gave us a coupon for a free appetizer. The hotel is an easy walk to any number of great restaurants, including Little Italy.

When it came time to head out to Pimlico, instead of just sending us on the train, we were informed of a shuttle that runs from downtown hotels out to Pimlico. At first I was hesitant about the $30 round-trip price, but after we got out there and saw what the neighborhood was like, and how far the walk was to the train station, it turned out to be worth every penny!

The room was fairly spacious and very quiet considering we were in the middle of the city. There was a crane set up on the side street right outside our window overnight, and we didn't even know until we opened the curtains the next morning.

The beds were comfortable and the refrigerator was an added convenience. The only criticim I have is that the bathroom counter was too small for two women.

So, in summary, if you want to go to the Preakness and have a great time, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your Preakness experience with us via Trip Advisor. Our staff worked hard to get ready for that busy weekend and I was happy to see that their efforts paid off. They tried to make sure our guests could have options when it came to getting to the race and I am glad the shuttle service worked well for you. Even though it was a busy weekend, we wanted to make sure all of our guests enjoyed their stay and I hope you got a chance to take a picture in our lobby with the horse and jockey photo shot. Hopefully you will come back again soon or at least next year for Preakness again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in April 2013. Service was excellent. Good pool, although a little bit cold, but my kids didn't mind. Had a 1-bedroom suite, which was much larger than your typical inner city hotel. Two blocks walk from the Water Taxi to take you to the main area of the inner harbor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family