WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #15 of 62 Hotels in Baltimore
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here with family in May 2012, on our way back home from North Carolina. The location is toward the east end of teh Inner Harbor area, and there is a bit of a walk to the major attractions of the Inner Harbor, but it is a very scenic walk along the edge of the harbor.

The room itself was clean and comfortable, an on par with my previous experiences with this brand. Parking was reasonable and attached to the hotel. Check in was fast and courteous.

This was a good stay for a night, and would consider this location in the future for an extended stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank huskyhoops

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The lobby/rooms are typical Courtyard, so you know what to expect -- comfortable and convenient. The parking garage is attached to the hotel, which is convenient for a smaller downtown hotel. The location is great. A short walk to the Inner Harbor, and close to Little Italy. There are some nice restaurants within a block, close to the more-expensive Marriott and Four Seasons properties.

The front desk and cafe staffs were excellent.

Kim at the front desk was especially helpful and professional, and deserves recognition.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked multiple rooms for a wedding party and had the inherent confusion that accompanies such an event. The staff, especially Tambora were terrific with extra key requests, multiple attempts at early check-in when available and other advice and assistance. I think the location is great for downtown Baltimore. The hotel just finished a renovation and it really has made a positive change. I would agree the walls could be better sound insulated but this did not seem to be an issue during sleep time. I think we came with an expectation of a basic hotel in a great location and left with the opinion due to staff performance that this hotel is superior . I guess my own opinion from other hotel experiences is the staff can make or break the enjoyment of a visit and this group seems to understand that concept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

i called to make a reservation based on the referrals by the John's Hopkins site when my daughter and i were due to make a trip up to the John's Hopkins Hospital. We were told this was one of the hotels that had discounted rates for patients and their families. When i called i was quoted a rate that was $45 per night higher than the rate online. when i questioned the woman, she reduced the rate by $25 and told me that the JH rate was the weekend rate. I was already staying Thursday - Sunday. Some discount. It still was $20 more than if I just booked on line. I am very dissapointed and will probably cancell my Marriott membership and avoid Marriott from here on out.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We appreciate you posting your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that there was confusion when you made your reservation and requested the Johns Hopkins’ Patient rate. This rate is traditionally lower than the rate we are selling, but since it also includes breakfast for two adults and taxi vouchers to and from the hospital there are times when it might be higher depending on our occupancy. On those dates, we try to leave the decision up to the guests which rate will work better for them. I do hope that you will not let this incident cause you to lose faith in our hotel or Marriott as a company and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Came to spend a nice night out with my girlfriends for my best friends bachelorette party from nj, from the moment we got here the staff was rude, and incompetent. We were told out of the 3 rooms we reserved for the night at $236 per room that at least one room would be ready at noon for us to check in, when we arrived after one the "new" guy whom was working the desk said nothing was available till four, but promised as soon as a room was available we would get a call, by 3:45 when we returned still no call, and the woman checking us in was extremely rude. After a night out we came back to our rooms only to be scolded like school children that there was a noise complaint about our "girly giggles"! Honestly we were 2 to a room talking and watching tv. And again about 20 min later security returned to our room making the threat that if we didn't go to bed the cops would be called, seriously, if we didn't live 3 hours away I would have demanded a refund and drove home instead of sleeping in the mini me beds this hotel provides. Extremely disappointed and will be raising hell at the front desk at check out!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Momof2boyz2111
Thank you for comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I know that you spoke to our front office manager on the morning of your departure and based on the information you gave us, we have been able to train our staff on how to better handle situations like this. I truly am sorry that the staff came across as unprofessional and rude, as that is not acceptable at our hotel. We try our best to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us and that everyone can get a restful night’s sleep. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I honestly believe that the walls in this hotel are made from 2 pieces of construction paper glued together. I heard every word being spoken by all of the ten people that were in the room next to mine. Before heading out for the night I tried switching rooms but was told the hotel was sold out for the night. Praying for the best, I went to bed only to be awoken at 2am but every person that got off the elevator and the non stop chatter coming from the room next door. I attempted to sleep for an hour holding two pillows over my head which did block out the chatter but who can sleep clenching two pillows against your head??? Finally at 3am I decided to pack up and check out and make the two hour drive back to my home in Philly. The staff was understanding and recommended calling the manager in the morning who eventually did refund the cost of the room which was a nice gesture but didn't make up for the drive home at 3am..
And in case you do decide to stay at this hotel after this review, the room seemed newly renovated but the tile on the shower floor seemed a little more worm/dirty than the rest of the bathroom.
Good luck with this place.

1 Thank Mike P
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry that you had this experience at our hotel as we do try our best every day to ensure all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. Our overnight staff tries to ensure all of our guests can have a peaceful night’s sleep and enjoy themselves, but from your comments I can see we did not find that balance. I do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Baltimore.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I do a lot of business in Baltimore an this is very conveniently located. They're converting the lobby (to the new Courtyard look) and have updated the rooms, adding mini fridges, etc. Wholefoods right around the corner, tons of great restaurants. Super easy for business and/or just being in Harbor East.