Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
London
“Quite OK”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I only stayed here for a night, for a meeting in Marriot Inner Harbour a block away. The room is perfectly adequate. Clean, spacious, comfortable bed, good working table, good chair, good airconditioning that works well. Nothing very exciting, but for business stay, thats all one needs. Worth mentioning that the wifi connection is great. My laptop hasnt got the most reliable receiver and often have to rely on a wired connection via a ethernet cable to work when in a hotel room. But in this hotel, it worked straightaway, consistently, and fast. The room does not have an in-room safe or a fridge. I didnt try its breakfast so I am afraid I can comment on this. Reception is friendly enough. There is a small selection of cold drinks in a fridge next to the reception for sale. In terms of area, its a block away from the Marriott Inner Harbour, a block or two away from Little Italy. However, it is not close to the convention centre which I suppose is about 15 minutes walk away. In term of price, I paid almost $300 (plus tax) for the room. I find this expensive for what I get.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
CT
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed her for four nights over one of the hottest summer heat waves I've ever experienced (106 on the water!). The A/C was kept pumping throughout our stay in every crevice of the hotel and was very appreciated. The Yard pub is perfect for a drink before or after dinner and the breakfast buffet was my husband's favorite every morning. Easy walking commute down to the convention center even in the heat, as you can just walk across the street and go up through sky walk. We'll stay again when we're in town next time.

Seattle
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a basic hotel with no added benefits for Gold members of Marriott, but the location is superb and the cost is reasonable. The pool is also quite nice. It was a short walk to the inner harbor or to Fells Point to take in the historic location, pubs, etc. Also, there is a free City Charmer Sightseeing bus that picks up practically right outside the door. Finally, there is a Whole Foods AND a CVS right around the corner.

virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our family stayed at the Courtyard and was very pleased with the room, staff and food. There are very high buildings around the hotel, so it's hard to get a room with an excellent view, but there are a few. The main thing, it was clean and anything you requested such as more towels, pillows, shampoo or coffee, they brought it up immediately. There is a buffet breakfast served each morning and it's very good. Well worth the cost. There's a sports bar one block away, pizza next door (so good) CVS 24hrs) around the corner, Whole Foods store on the corner for extra food pick ups items and the Inner Harbor is only two blocks away with interesting sites all along the way.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy D
Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family and I traveled to Baltimore staying at the Courtyard for 3 nights. The staff was courteous and helpful and the hotel was in a great location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go and the Charm City Circulator bus line (free) has a stop across the street from the hotel. The parking garage is attached to the hotel and there were plenty of shops and restaurants in the area. It is a short walk from the hotel, about 15 minutes, to some of the attractions around the Inner Harbor but we thought it was worth the walk for the savings we got staying at the hotel. We had our 7 and 9 year old children with us and they didn't complain about the walking at all. There is a Whole Foods Market around the corner from the hotel and we stopped at the store daily to buy breakfast and were able to eat at a seating area right in the store. It was a great vacation and would go back to Baltimore again and stay at the Courtyard!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Location made it possible to walk or take the water taxi to many Inner Harbor sites. Close and yet far enough away from the really crowded area. Comfortable bed and quiet room!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I went to Baltimore on a 3 day business trip back in June 2011. When I arrived at 9:30pm, I was warmly greeted. I went to my room and it was very clean. It had a nice tv, comfortable bed and the usual toiletries you would expect at a hotel. It also had an iron/board and a blow dryer. My favorite part was that I got free wireless Internet. I've been to places where I paid more for my room and had to pay $12/day for Internet. The pool & hottub was not the best set up (inside), it was very hot in the pool room. I only stayed for a short period of time cause I couldn't handle the heat any longer. Outside the pool room was an outdoor patio, very nice. It was nice and close to the galleria for shopping and the harbor for wonderful food and scenery. Great location, nice staff, clean and right next to a cvs and whole foods. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2011