Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Admiral Fell Inn(Baltimore)
1,977 results
All reviewsgreat locationfells pointthe concierge loungewithin walking distancewater taxiharbor view roombeautiful hotelhigh floorcorner roombusiness conferenceself parkindoor poolwhole foodsper daynational aquariumbeds were comfortablefour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2008

The hotel is very nice. The staff could use some tips in being friendly to its paying customers... but beyond the unfriendly staff the hotel is nice. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The location is perfect. Its not amid all the buzz of the tourists, but you can walk to the area in five minutes. I loved the hotel and would consider staying here again. The gym at the hotel is nice. The cardio machines could use some updating, but its a decent gym.

Reviewed November 10, 2008

I was attending a business meeting near the Inner Harbor and decided to take a short getaway and stay at the lovely Marriott Waterfront. The only thing that is somewhat confusing is the parking garage. I had stayed at this property several years ago so I knew it was a small challenge regarding the parking. I arrived at the property after doing self parking and was immediately waited on at the front desk. I was greeted by a very friendly staff member and within five minutes, I was on my way to my room on the 30th floor. Wow, what a fantastic room. The view from my room was awesome. I actually did not want to leave my room for my event however, upon my return in the evening, I kept the drapery open to take in the harbor at night view. It was breathtaking!
The next morning I took advantage of their Sunday Brunch and I must say it was well worth it. Everything from delicious omelets made right in front of you to the great waffles, fruit and cereal selections, lunch selections and finally dessert.
The staff was extremely friendly throughout the hotel and the property was very clean, both in room and public areas.
So, if you are looking for a nice getaway, the Baltimore Waterfront would be an excellent choice. There is so much to do in this area, including shopping, sightseeing and great Museums. The Walters Art Gallery is not to be missed along with other attractions nearby.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2008

This property is in a wonderful location and the vistas from its many windows are absolutely fabulous.

As with most Marriotts, the hotel was very clean and very well appointed.

What makes this place extra special is the people! The staff was friendly, accommodating and professional.

And, the food is great!

Reviewed October 31, 2008

The Good:

Just what you would expect from a Marriott. Clean and Fresh!

The Bad:

Only one restaurant. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, but no burgers. If you want a burger you have to go eat in the bar. Not ideal if you have kids with you or want to sit a normal dining table which is the standard table height.

However, there are plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood to go eat at (weather permitting).

The UGLY!

Parking.

I saw the review above mine before I left for this trip. I laughed it off as a one time thing.

Oh no, it is not. On a Tuesday night, this hotel was awash in people and automobiles with numerous functions going on. The hotel parking garage is the only one close to the hotel (the next closest parking lot is about three blcoks away).

You have two choices. Self Parking at $21 or Valet at $36.

I choose "Self Parking" for $21 (it's a major city, $21 a day is not bad). But surprise, surprise, as you drive up level after level in the garage, you see plenty of empty spaces but on the walls are "Valet Parking only" signs. You see this on the third floor, on the forth floor, the fifth floor, and only after you pass those signs can you self park and guess what, all of the spots on the sixth floor are full, the seventh floor are full, the eighth, the ninth and even the roof deck so it leaves you with no choice but to bring your car back to the front door and let them valet park your car for an additional $15 a night.

If the cost of parking is not an issue to you, stay here, it's a very nice hotel. If this will bother you, don't, there are plenty of other hotels in this area.

One more word of caution. Regardless of when you enter the garage, if you are there after 4pm the next day, they charge you for an additional day.

Reviewed October 14, 2008

My partner and I booked a three night stay at this hotel in October of 2008. For starters, the appearance of the hotel was very nice. Everything looked fabulous. However, that's where the beauty ends (at least for us).

For starters, we paid for parking, which pretty much guaranteed us a place to park - or so we thought. When we returned to the hotel on Saturday evening, there was absolutely nowhere to park in the garage. All of the spaces were taken for some sort of gala, and even the valet parkers couldn't park any more cars. It would have been nice to receive an advisory when checking in and paying for parking of such gala and the potential for the lack of parking.

The valet drivers were scary, to put it mildly. When they were moving vehicles, they were acting as if the garage was the Indianapolis 500. Needless to say, I wouldn't let one of them drive my car, which is what the front desk supervisor offered when we complained about the lack of parking. Obviously we turned it down.

The parking garage is a bit cumbersome to get to. To get to the parking garage you have to go down to the main lobby, around the corner, UP an elevator to the third floor and then across a skybridge.

Then, on to the staff. Most of the individuals were very nice and always had a smile and a kind word. However there were a few that left much to be desired.

Our room was a spacious room on the 16th floor with a partial view of the harbor (a new high-rise is being built blocking views of the water). Housekeeping was pretty good and kept our room tidy and clean.

For the price that was paid for the hotel (an associate rate), it was just....OK. But as a person that expected a lot more, I'll stay at a Hilton next time.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple