“Beautiful views” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Beautiful views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Nice property, great views from the concierge lounge on the 31st floor. Staff is attentive, breakfast in the lounge is better than most Marriotts. Rack rates are expensive but if you are offered a good conference rate this is a great choice for a hotel on the Inner harbor.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Arabic first
LYNCHBURG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

The service in this place as others like it,you are at their mercy! I would advise that you buy luggage with wheels!The bellman told me he got $10 to $20 to carry my luggage 50 feet and the the next bellman gets tipped for carting it to the room! Needless to say he didn't get his expected tip amount and when I left I carried my on bags to my car for his dishonesty!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ronald J
Westfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Was here for three nights for a race weekend. Hotel lobby, bar and restaurant area were very nice. Had a room on the 17th floor with a nice view. The area was very good - felt at ease there. James Joyce Irish Bar around the corner - was there plenty of times. I had a buffet breakfast one morning - everything was pretty good and the service was very good too. Had some drinks at the bar a few times - Josh and John were friendly and attentive. The room itself was standard double room - clean and fine. Surprised by a meal that we had there, as I'm not usually big on hotel restaurant food, but have to say the steak I had was cooked perfect and was tasty, plus had some crab cake my friend had and it was pretty good too. All in all would stay there again. Go California Chrome!!!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel is in a great location near the Inner Harbor, shops and restaurants.
The gym and pool are great for a quick workout and the staff is friendly and helpful.
The rooms are comfortable, although they are a bit old and small, and have a small bathroom, tub and shower.
Self parking was convenient; cheaper than valet, but still expensive at $26/night--
We were on a business trip so wi-fi/internet was included otherwise it is 15.95/day-ridiculous to charge for internet these days

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Avondale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We decided to go to Baltimore to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We went to the front desk and were checked in by a warm gentleman by the name of Khan. We mentioned that we were there to celebrate our 10th anniversary and he set us up in a beautiful room on the 18th floor overlooking the waterfront. After checking in we went to the lobby bar which was recently redecorated with very soft, inviting and modern décor. We ordered a martini which was accompanied by the tastiest olives, which I consider a very important garnish. The atmosphere and happy hour was lively and buzzing. We headed over to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants the Back Olive. When we came back to our room after dinner we had a beautiful surprise of champagne and chocolates in our room. All of the people who work in the hotel greet you with warmth. All because of a wonderful employee named Kahn who took the extra initiative to make our anniversary extra special. Lovely people and lovely hotel in this revitalized city. Kudo's
Kim

Room Tip: Ask for the waterfront side
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank integrated1
Lohja, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

For a budget traveler (normally) like me this was a hotel standard I am not used to. I was on an event and chose to stay at the hotel, as it was the host hotel. I am studying at the moment and well, this hotel was expensive even with the discounted rate. The location is great though, well worth it if you visit Baltimore.
The service at Marriott was ok and polite - especially the staff in the reception, the staff outside the door and the driver that took me to the airport. The room was big and clean and the soap and shampoo in the bathroom was worth using. But still, it is just accommodation and soap.
I never stayed in a hotel before where you have to pay extra for breakfast! I am used to breakfast being included unless you stay in a really crappy hostel - but I heard that this is not the case everywhere in the US. Breakfast was $20 in the hotel restaurant - for omelet, coffee, fruit and yogurt... I had breakfast at Starbucks on the other side of the road.
When I was looking at hotels in the area, I think Hilton on the other side of the road (where also Starbucks is located) is priced about the same as our discounted rate with breakfast. I did not stay here, but I doubt that there is a noticeable difference in standard. So, even though Marriott Waterfront was good - if I go to Baltimore again, I would choose the Hilton with breakfast included. Or the one with a kitchen - I am a good cook and picky eater.

Room Tip: We had a view over a parking lot. The other side has a sea view, but also overlooks a pier where the...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Caroline H, Executive Assistant at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, we appreciate all feedback. Please know that we do our absolute best to ensure our pricing is in line with similar properties in the area and we strive to offer a good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and thank you again for your feedback.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed a several Marriott hotels and this experience was by far the worst. The hotel is in a good location but that was all it had going for it. Arrived as part of a larger group for a fundraiser/concert that was being held in one of the ballrooms. Upon arrival, I was notified that there would be no hot water or Air Conditioning in the room from 10:00pm - 7:00am that evening because of some "maintenance work in the area" and I found it strangely odd that there was AC in the lobby and ballroom areas but not the individual rooms. I spoke to several people about this and they told me it was because of different systems, generators, etc.

When booking a hotel, you want a clean room, nice bed, appropriate temperature control and hot water for a nice shower, most of which did not happen. When asked for a discount or voucher for breakfast, etc, as some sort of gesture for the inconvenience I was only offered a fan for the room at night and a free movie with popcorn? I did not need a free movie but rather a nice warm shower and finally, I was told I could try to go to the 5th floor to use the gym showers that may have some hot water on reserve??

The only nice gesture is that we were given a room on the 10th floor instead of the 8th floor to have a better view but that also means that heat rises and the room was hotter at night. The sheets and pillows smelled musty and had stains on them but the rest of the room was clean. That may be typical or may have been because of the AC problems.

We also tried the restaurant and the food was not good... specifically the crab dip with pretzels was all cream cheese and no crab. The soup, sandwiches are fries were at best average. This is not the customer service, quality, or overall experience I typically see at a Marriott. I realize that unexpected things occur but a hotel should inform someone prior to arrival that there will be no AC or hot water overnight and also go to better lengths to accommodate people if they do not inform them ahead of time and someone doesn't have the opportunity to change or cancel their reservation.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Caroline H, Executive Assistant at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies that your stay with us was not completely satisfactory. The challenges regarding the air conditioning were a result of a one-time occurrence that had effected the entire Harbor East community which we do not foresee happening again in the future.

Please know that your experience is not indicative of the service we endeavor to provide at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. We would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with either myself or the manager on duty in reference to this review. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us your feedback. We do hope to hear from you soon.